D-Rays at Disney

tigsmom

Your comparing Apples and Oranges.(Which they probally sell at Trop. field)
Whatever the Yankees charge is worth every penny, ever been out to Monument Park? Are we talking Baseball or smoothies? (Yum) Back on topic though, I would love to see a D-Rays game at Wide World Of Sports.:xmas:

At age 49 I can't even count how many times I've been to Yankee Stadium...yep I've been to Monument Park (and I remember when the monuments were still "in play". We take our kids and we do pay the $$ and I never said it wasn't worth the money. However, going to the Trop or Camden Yards I can get so much more for those $$. Have you ever had your picture taken, gotten an autograph or spoken about baseball & your hometown with a NY Yankee? The answer will be no because they don't do that sort of thing. Go down to the Trop and talk to Chad Orvella (who was surprised that a girl[Lil'Mermaid] knew about baseball and could discuss the problems they were having in the bullpen), Seth McClung, Jorge Cantu, and Joey Gathright ( who even thanked us for asking for his authograph...it was his first major league game). I got to talk to his dad for awhile & we have some great pics. I can let my girls walk around the stadium by themselves and not worry for their saftey. In Camden Yards they even thank you for making the trip from NY to see the game!

Don't get me wrong I love the Yanks, but they are not the only game in town and they should recognize that.

isitingood

653.gif

And they are still cheaper than Yankee Stadium and then you have to pay for parking...and the food is better at the Trop.

NY is the NO.1 market so the tickets are gonna be more expensive. The difference is NY is committed to winning while the D-Rays are not. As soon as B.J Upton and Delmon Young come close to free agency they both will be traded. You can sit in the bleachers for $10 to $12 bucks at Yankee stadium,I know the bleachers aren't great seats but it's Yankee stadium.

culturenthrills

The Tampa market is the 12th largest(largest in Florida) in the country, Orlando is 20th. Orlando may have more tourists but Tampa has way more corporations that you need for a major sports franchise. The Rays are one of the best deals when it comes to going to a MLB game in the country. As far as the hockey goes they have no problem selling tickets. The Lightnings average attendance last season was 20,518 they virtually sell out every game. If the Rays ever become a halfway decent team then there attendance will turn around. The Trop isn't a bad place to see a game esp. on one of our wonderful August days around here.

SpongeScott

The Tampa market is the 12th largest(largest in Florida) in the country, Orlando is 20th. Orlando may have more tourists but Tampa has way more corporations that you need for a major sports franchise. The Rays are one of the best deals when it comes to going to a MLB game in the country. As far as the hockey goes they have no problem selling tickets. The Lightnings average attendance last season was 20,518 they virtually sell out every game. If the Rays ever become a halfway decent team then there attendance will turn around. The Trop isn't a bad place to see a game esp. on one of our wonderful August days around here.
Great post! :wave:

MWC

I've seen a game at the Trop as well as Camden Yards, The Florida Marlins Stadium (whatever it's called now), The Ball Park at Arlington, Coors Field, and of Course my Hometown Stadium Minute Maid Park (Astros). The Trop isn't bad and Ticket prices are much better than here locally. However, Our team is competetive so you can expect to pay more. It will be hard for the Devilrays to ever compete in that division because the other teams all have much more money to spend. You can't expect the Rays to have a payrill over 100 Million with their crummy revenues. I don't see how they'll ever be even decent unless they move. That's all for now. Thanks for letting me play.

BCNHF

To be fair, if the D-Rays could EVER get a decent damn pitching staff they could have been REAL good. They're the breeding grounds for future allstars and current allstars who get traded away (Huff). Just think of all the major players on that team: Baldelli, Crawford, Lugez. It's just too bad they could never get a pitching rotation to save them.

Yanks07

Have you ever had your picture taken, gotten an autograph or spoken about baseball & your hometown with a NY Yankee? The answer will be no because they don't do that sort of thing.

Your talkin to the wrong guy, Born in 61 and grew up 10 blocks from the stadium. My dad worked at the 44(NYPD) next door to the stadium I have met and gotten pix with many Yankees over the years so your statement means nothing, maybe that is your experience, not mine. Anyway, I'll give you Boog's BBQ at Camden, but as far as Baseball goes, don't tell me your getting your moneys worth at D-Rays or Orioles games, those teams stink! I'm talkin baseball, not food,parking and entertainment, (which stink at Yankee Stadium). I do love Camden Yards, never been to Trop. field though. I hope those teams get better because right now, they stink. Anyway, April 2nd Yanks open against D-Rays, can't wait.

tigsmom

Your talkin to the wrong guy, Born in 61 and grew up 10 blocks from the stadium. My dad worked at the 44(NYPD) next door to the stadium I have met and gotten pix with many Yankees over the years so your statement means nothing, maybe that is your experience, not mine. Anyway, I'll give you Boog's BBQ at Camden, but as far as Baseball goes, don't tell me your getting your moneys worth at D-Rays or Orioles games, those teams stink! I'm talkin baseball, not food,parking and entertainment, (which stink at Yankee Stadium). I do love Camden Yards, never been to Trop. field though. I hope those teams get better because right now, they stink. Anyway, April 2nd Yanks open against D-Rays, can't wait.

Not going to get into a in' contest with ya either, but yeah, we've got a cop who did Stadium duty too...special circumstances...the general public cannot get what you got at The Stadium (or any other one) from the Yankees because they just don't do it...its not their policy. Did you ever notice that they don't even look at the fans nearby on a regular basis?

I'm not denying that the Yanks are good baseball (but other teams are as well). And yeah, food and all the rest does add to the "value" of attending a game.

Everyone should have to invest profits back into the team on a yearly basis, but thats another argument. You don't have to make the big money to be a good player some of the smaller market teams have some great guys. NY is a huge market and thats why they get the press.

:wave:

Lil'mermaid

Anyway, I'll give you Boog's BBQ at Camden, but as far as Baseball goes, don't tell me your getting your moneys worth at D-Rays or Orioles games, those teams stink! I'm talkin baseball, not food,parking and entertainment, (which stink at Yankee Stadium). I do love Camden Yards, never been to Trop. field though. I hope those teams get better because right now, they stink. Anyway, April 2nd Yanks open against D-Rays, can't wait.

See, saying the D-Rays and the Orioles stink are a matter of opinion. Just because they dont have the big names doesnt mean they dont play "good baseball." Have you ever seen Carl Crawford chase a ball to the wall in left Field? Ever seen Scott Kazmir pitch? Ever seen Jonny Gomes hit a ball up into the catwalks for a homerun? Ever seen Brian Roberts jump stupid high to grab a ball out of the air that was a sure fire single to center? Ever seen Adam Loewen pitch a 7 inning no hitter against the Yankees? Combined, those guys make a fraction of what A-Rod makes. 2 or 3 of them might barely make major league minimum. They arent all well known, but I'd rather watch them play and have a good time than watch the Yankees play for money rather than because they like it.

SpongeScott

See, saying the D-Rays and the Orioles stink are a matter of opinion. Just because they dont have the big names doesnt mean they dont play "good baseball." Have you ever seen Carl Crawford chase a ball to the wall in left Field? Ever seen Scott Kazmir pitch? Ever seen Jonny Gomes hit a ball up into the catwalks for a homerun? Ever seen Brian Roberts jump stupid high to grab a ball out of the air that was a sure fire single to center? Ever seen Adam Loewen pitch a 7 inning no hitter against the Yankees? Combined, those guys make a fraction of what A-Rod makes. 2 or 3 of them might barely make major league minimum. They arent all well known, but I'd rather watch them play and have a good time than watch the Yankees play for money rather than because they like it.
I wish I had a daughter like you. :lol: :kiss: :wave:

Yanks07

Hey, all teams have great players, I'm just talkin record at the end of the year. I wish all teams were as committed as the Yanks to winning, it would make for a much better Oct., it's not opinion, just fact.

Yanks07

Not going to get into a in' contest with ya either, but yeah, we've got a cop who did Stadium duty too...special circumstances...the general public cannot get what you got at The Stadium (or any other one) from the Yankees because they just don't do it...its not their policy. Did you ever notice that they don't even look at the fans nearby on a regular basis?

:wave:
Hey Tig, I'm not sure why no one looks at you during games, my privleges stopped in 1987 when the job took my dad's life.Early 90's We met Rizzuto in the hallway and he invited us all into his office for 1/2 hr talkin baseball.
In 1999, Derek Jeter walked up to the wall where my kids were sitting and gave them a ball. In 2002, Bernie came over and gave my wife a ball. All during batting practice. I just do not like generalizations. Anyway, P.....'
match over as you called it. Have a great Holiday! :xmas:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Sigh... I love the Devil Rays. It's the only way I can see my Red Sox play and still get good seats :lol:

Yanks07

Sigh... I love the Devil Rays. It's the only way I can see my Red Sox play and still get good seats :lol:
I actually saw the D-Rays play At Fenway Park a few years back. If you have not been to Fenway in your lifetime, You Must go. I of course was in full Yankee gear! :eek:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I actually saw the D-Rays play At Fenway Park a few years back. If you have not been to Fenway in your lifetime, You Must go. I of course was in full Yankee gear! :eek:
I've been to Fenway once or twice.... or 10 or more times.. lol

see what all of you dont understand is The Trop. was never suppose to be downtown St Pete in the first place. It was suppose to go just off interstate 275 on the st pete side right as you got past the water. But the morons in charge at the time thought it would be a great idea to put the stadium downtown to boost their image and then they desided to put the TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS (What a gay name should have been something thats native to florida like a sting ray or something not a devilray) in st pete and not in TAMPA where they belong so alot of people in tampa could care less to drive all that way for a game. I know in the Years we have had the team I have yet to waste my money to go see them play and I like Baseball.

Lil'mermaid

Hey, all teams have great players, I'm just talkin record at the end of the year. I wish all teams were as committed as the Yanks to winning, it would make for a much better Oct., it's not opinion, just fact.

So, you ARE aware that the World Champs this season had the least wins of all the teams that made the playoffs, right?

Just because teams dont have a large payroll doesnt mean that they arent committed to winning. Have you looked at the Oakland A's? The Minnesota Twins? Both are small market, small payroll teams, and what do you know? Both made the playoffs, clinching the AL West and Central.

Big money does not equal big winning records. A smart front office and a talented team does.

matt88mph

Like the owners or the state gov't would put up 700 Mil. + for a new retractable roof stadium... let alone one that is "fancy." Especially when one considers how horrible the team and ownership has been over the past several years.

You wanna talk bad? The state gov't is reluctant to put up money for the Florida Marlins to get a new stadium, and they're a better-than-average team! They've been playing in a stadium meant for football for fourteen seasons now, and they're two-time World Series champions. Now other cities are trying to court them, such as Las Vegas, Portland (Oregon), and Norfolk. What is this saying about the state's desire to keep MLB teams?

tigsmom

You wanna talk bad? The state gov't is reluctant to put up money for the Florida Marlins to get a new stadium, and they're a better-than-average team! They've been playing in a stadium meant for football for fourteen seasons now, and they're two-time World Series champions. Now other cities are trying to court them, such as Las Vegas, Portland (Oregon), and Norfolk. What is this saying about the state's desire to keep MLB teams?

I hear ya...the Trop wasn't built for baseball either, its just the latest sport to be played there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom