Cute book--about Disney after dark

Tidbit

Original Poster
Ok so this is my first post here, and it's about this very cute book about Disney after dark....what happens when the MK-park closes. The name is Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson. If there are any Disney fans that have read this book let me know what you think about it & is it worth getting the 2nd one?:wave:

NiarrNDisney

Yep read # 1 & 2 both geat books! Deffinetley middle school reading but good none the less. Waiting for the 3rd instalment to come out especially since it deals with Epcot...

raven

Yep read # 1 & 2 both geat books! Deffinetley middle school reading but good none the less. Waiting for the 3rd instalment to come out especially since it deals with Epcot...

What do you want to know about Epcot after dark? I'm there all night, 5 nights a week. :wave:

Cmdr_Crimson

What do you want to know about Epcot after dark? I'm there all night, 5 nights a week. :wave:

The next book is going to be called Disney In Shadow and revolves around Epcot as the Overtakers & Villians once again try to take over WDW...The only thing right now is the sketch of the front cover. It has Finn being attacked on the grassy hill by UoE & WoL by HISTA's Giant Python Gigabyte.
KK3-sketch-3-best-704025.jpg

Ridley did say in his blog if the 3rd book does well..You might be seeing a Kingdom Keepers film in the works...I would be so stoked for that one!!:D:sohappy:

Tinkrbell

I love these books. I agree that they are written at a middle school level so they are very easy reads for adults. They're an interesting take on the parks.

djpoore94

I am an avid reader (so much that my boss told me yesterday as I was reading on my lunch break he's amazed at how fast I go through books) and I loved these books. Yes, they are written for middle school age children, but that does not deter from the entertainment value of them. I'm eagerly awaiting the Amazon email telling me that the third installment has shipped (currently estimated for an early May delivery)!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
YES YES YES...very good writer and any disney geek will love all the details paid attention to...the plus of knowing exactly where the plot is unfolding completes the adventures....we were bummed that #3 did not come out in September as promised earlier this year!! Great Disney Fantasy....Ridley did his research... #3 is supposed to be out in April....:king:. We also enjoyed his book Steel Trapp The challenge...second book coming in January middle school and up. First book had a bit of crime solving by child with ter r orist interplay.

Note to parents....if googling your bookstore for these be advised most of Mr. Ridleys tales are for adults and most feature KILLER this and that in titles...fyi in case of searching for his books with smaller children about....

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Would make awesome film...Disney could actually film AFTER DARK!!:animwink:
Already have many of the "sets" in place...:lookaroun

bgraham34

I have a friend who loved the book but I never got into it. I am a slow reader. It takes me a year to read a book. I will read 20-40 pages at a time and then nothing for weeks.

Shadowdawn

I have #1 and thought it was good read even though it is a middle school read.

I would also recommend Fairest of All by Serena Valentino. It's in the same vein as Wicked where it tells the story on how the Wicked Queen became the Wicked Queen. It's a quick read but it seems much more "grown up" then Kingdom Keepers.

NiarrNDisney

I have #1 and thought it was good read even though it is a middle school read.

I would also recommend Fairest of All by Serena Valentino. It's in the same vein as Wicked where it tells the story on how the Wicked Queen became the Wicked Queen. It's a quick read but it seems much more "grown up" then Kingdom Keepers.

Umm :veryconfu are you talking about the book Wicked by Gregory Maguire, which tells the story of Elphaba the women who eventually became known as the Wicked Witch of the West? Then later inspired Gregory to write two sequels and help create the very popular Broadway show. If so I would hardly call it a quick read, nor classify it as middle school reading, since some of the subject matter is questionable.

lilclerk

Umm :veryconfu are you talking about the book Wicked by Gregory Maguire, which tells the story of Elphaba the women who eventually became known as the Wicked Witch of the West? Then later inspired Gregory to write two sequels and help create the very popular Broadway show. If so I would hardly call it a quick read, nor classify it as middle school reading, since some of the subject matter is questionable.

Nope, the book that person mentioned is this http://www.amazon.com/Fairest-All-Tale-Wicked-Queen/dp/1423106296

That said, I loved Kingdom Keepers, can't wait for number 3!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom