Custodial Careerstart Cast Member here!

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
Well, I just got my letter yesterday afternoon, and I made it!! My check in date is August 14, and I will be delving into the lovely world of custodial work. It wasn't my 1st choice, of course, but not everyone can get attractions, at least their first try. I'm happy to help keep my favorite place in the world clean :wave:

Elenadc

Congrats! I just got my letter as well, and I'm going down on the 14th too! Too bad you didn't get your first choice, I'm very surprised that I did. PM or email me, maybe we can talk. liz@no-destiny.net

Looking forward to seeing you down there!

MommytoMJM

Congratulations! Some of our favorite CM's are cutodial! What you do is so important! Hope to meet you wheile you are down here...

joanna71985

wdw535 said:
Congratulations Taryn!!

I had my interview last Tuesday, and I'm hoping I hear something soon. Wish me luck!!

Good luck! Hope you hear soon. What roles did you select, and which one do you want?

spectro0294

I'll be arriving on the 14th as well. Quick Service Food and Beverage here. I also put down Operations as my 1st choice but oh well. I'm just happy to be able to work there.

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
joanna71985 said:
Yeah! It is going to be so much fun! I am having trouble waiting to leave!:sohappy:

Says the girl who's leaving in like a WEEK! We poor CareerStarters have to wait 88 DAYS :brick:

wdw535 said:
Congratulations Taryn!!

I had my interview last Tuesday, and I'm hoping I hear something soon. Wish me luck!!

Good luck!! Hoping to see ya in Florida :D

MommytoMJM said:
Congratulations! Some of our favorite CM's are cutodial! What you do is so important! Hope to meet you wheile you are down here...

Oh good :) I'm actually reeaaally warming up to the idea of Custodial; I think I'm going to have a blast! I have to say, I've looked at your blog, and your daughter is possibly the cutest child on the planet! I hope I'll get to meet you guys as well :D

spectro0294 said:
I'll be arriving on the 14th as well. Quick Service Food and Beverage here. I also put down Operations as my 1st choice but oh well. I'm just happy to be able to work there.

Not to mention the $.50 premium :animwink: Can't wait to see you in Florida!

wdw535

joanna71985 said:
Good luck! Hope you hear soon. What roles did you select, and which one do you want?

My first choice was Merchandise, then Quick Service Food & Beverage was 2nd, and Operations 3rd. I'm really hoping I get Merchandise or Operations though (I should've switched QSF&B & Operations) - but me getting accepted is all that matters, and I'll take anything I can get ;)

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
wdw535 said:
My first choice was Merchandise, then Quick Service Food & Beverage was 2nd, and Operations 3rd. I'm really hoping I get Merchandise or Operations though (I should've switched QSF&B & Operations) - but me getting accepted is all that matters, and I'll take anything I can get ;)

Wait, are you saying you got to rank your choices? Because the form I sent in just had a checklist sheet, and I checked everything that I was willing to do (everything except for Costuming and Lifegaurding), with no ranking involved.....:confused:

Darwin

Hey Taryn, I did custodial when I was on the CP. Let me assure you that it is one of the better jobs by far. I was a little disappointed at first but after I was there for a while, I learned that there were worse jobs. Most want attractions, but that means you could get a pretty silly suit listening to "It's a Small World After All" for hours upon end for months. I'm sure you can understand that kind of torture. :lol: I wanted to do the Kilamanjaro Safari rides, but my roommate did that and said he got so sick of saying the same thing over and over again, driving around in circles.

As custodial, sure we empty trash cans, clean up protein spill, and clean bathrooms, but not very many cast members get the opportunity to walk around and talk to people normally and not say all day, "Please keep your hand and arms inside the ride at all times." (Which reminds me, don't raise your arms on Space Mountain if they are long. I did that and hit a cross beam. Thank goodnes I still have my fingers.) My advice is, you take out of Disney what you take in. Go in with a good attitude and you'll love working with the guests and your coworkers. I wish I could go back again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom