Current Studios Map

Doug Means

Original Poster
From Orlando Theme Park News, here is the current map of the park. Sad to see it, but happy it will be growing.
hollywood map.jpg

Acidsplat

So glad to see the map oriented like that. Went last December, and the guide map had the park turned around so the Tower of Terror was at the top. It was awful.

YodaMan

So glad to see the map oriented like that. Went last December, and the guide map had the park turned around so the Tower of Terror was at the top. It was awful.

Sadly it still is. This is just a large map that's posted on a construction wall. All of the paper maps and the apps and things use the north-is-up orientation (which puts Tower at the top).

Herbie

Maybe because I use Google Earth a lot, but I've always preferred that map. Back in the Hat days, I found that artistic depiction map not to size and confusing

Jon81uk

The new look maps with North always at the top are based on Google Maps, so they are more to scale than the old coloured area maps. These were all introduced alongside the smartphone apps so the paper maps match the online map. I prefer the nice clear, to scale mapping. No idea why the map on that fence is the old style, but it doesn't seem clear and easy to navigate from.

Cmdr_Crimson

Still curious as to the little bit of SOA that remains on the map.

It's possible that it might be a part of Muppets Courtyard as 2 parts of the facade cover up the extended queue area that isn't used anymore? But, They also said Writers Stop would close in the forseeable future...

Acidsplat

The new look maps with North always at the top are based on Google Maps, so they are more to scale than the old coloured area maps. These were all introduced alongside the smartphone apps so the paper maps match the online map. I prefer the nice clear, to scale mapping. No idea why the map on that fence is the old style, but it doesn't seem clear and easy to navigate from.
That's understandable, I'm just used to the MGM-era maps. Grandparents used to have a condo so we would go nearly every year from 1999-2006, and I've only returned to DHS this past December so it's hard for me. Just a personal gripe with it.

BrerJon

It looks almost as bare as it's French equivalent

Barer, I'd say.

Paris has RnRC, ToT, Crush, Ratatouille, LMA, Cinemagique, Animagique (or whatever it's replacement is called), Armageddon, Stitch, RC Racer, Parachutes, Slinky, Art of Animation, and a Tram Tour - 4 E-tickets, 3 small rides, a stunt show, five other shows and a tour.

Florida has RnRC, ToT, GMR, Mermaid, BatB, Star Wars Launch Bay, Indy stunt show, OMD, Muppets, Star Tours - 4 E-tickets, a stunt show and four other shows. No kid rides, no tour. It has Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks, but those are really the only things it has over France right now.

cheezbat

Barer, I'd say.

Paris has RnRC, ToT, Crush, Ratatouille, LMA, Cinemagique, Animagique (or whatever it's replacement is called), Armageddon, Stitch, RC Racer, Parachutes, Slinky, Art of Animation, and a Tram Tour - 4 E-tickets, 3 small rides, a stunt show, five other shows and a tour.

Florida has RnRC, ToT, GMR, Mermaid, BatB, Star Wars Launch Bay, Indy stunt show, OMD, Muppets, Star Tours - 4 E-tickets, a stunt show and four other shows. No kid rides, no tour. It has Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks, but those are really the only things it has over France right now.
You forgot Toy Story Mania at DHS(which is rumored to be coming to WDSP in the future too).

Looking at both park's maps, they look very similar. Honestly, right now is easily take WDSP over DHS though. DHS is a disaster.

Never been to Walt Disney world in years and I wanted to see the lights motors action show. Never got to see the American Idol experience either what's that like? How's fantastic show? Haven't been since 97' so I don't know how much I've missed from WDW. Twister was still under construction at USF last time I visited orlando...but from the disney side of things the attractions I just mentioned were they worthy to go see?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom