Current Policy On Bringing Food In?

awallaceunc

Original Poster
I know that during the summer, Disney was experimenting with a policy of allowing packed food and small coolers into the park. Is this still in effect?

-Aaron

Thrawn

Account Suspended
awallaceunc said:
I know that during the summer, Disney was experimenting with a policy of allowing packed food and small coolers into the park. Is this still in effect?

-Aaron

I thought coolers were only allowed for medical use?

Figment1986

to my knowoledge... coolers are only for medical reasons... though you can smuggle it in at the bottom of a back pack.....they rarely check down there.... at least the ones who i go through....

RebeccaQ

Our experience is that a modest amount of snacks are just fine - even when the bag checkers see them. We have had security pull out a granola bar and joke "did you bring me any?".

My guess would be that Disney's "no food" policy is there to have something on the books to prevent all out "family picnic" type scenarios. With so many children in the parks and with such a large number of people coming in overall you are bound to have tons of different dietary needs / preferences that would cause people to ask for exceptions if there was a strictly enforced no food rule. So I doubt it is intended as such.

DizGuru2004

Contrary to popular opinion, there is no "no food" policy at WDW, other than possibly carrying outside food into a WDW dining location. The cooler policy is that it has to be something that one person can carry, and cannot contain any glass or any alcoholic beverages. They suggest (and prefer) that it be something that could fit in one of the airport-sized lockers lest you want to carry it around all day. There will be no other place to store it. There is no special exception or policy regarding having to have a medical reason to have a cooler. Obviously, all articles such as this are subject to search.

DisneyPhD

DizGuru2004 said:
Contrary to popular opinion, there is no "no food" policy at WDW, other than possibly carrying outside food into a WDW dining location. The cooler policy is that it has to be something that one person can carry, and cannot contain any glass or any alcoholic beverages. They suggest (and prefer) that it be something that could fit in one of the airport-sized lockers lest you want to carry it around all day. There will be no other place to store it. There is no special exception or policy regarding having to have a medical reason to have a cooler. Obviously, all articles such as this are subject to search.

Dizguru2004 is right (Welcome by the way! :wave: )

When we were there last year the lady at the grocery store said "By the way, did you know they let you take soft coolers in all the parks now, not just the water parks.

We have a soft cooler we hand off the back of the stroller and pack daily with water, juice boxes, snacks, fresh fruit, cheese sticks etc.... It comes in real handy. It saves us a ton on snacks, but we still get the good treats there, but we tend to share them and drink things we brought from home.

bgraham34

I have seen many a people bring in small coolers and never get stopped. Or the little collapsible one that fit 6 sodas in it

DisneyPhD said:
Dizguru2004 is right (Welcome by the way! :wave: )

When we were there last year the lady at the grocery store said "By the way, did you know they let you take soft coolers in all the parks now, not just the water parks.

We have a soft cooler we hand off the back of the stroller and pack daily with water, juice boxes, snacks, fresh fruit, cheese sticks etc.... It comes in real handy. It saves us a ton on snacks, but we still get the good treats there, but we tend to share them and drink things we brought from home.
Considering drinks cost 6 bucks a pop >_>;;

Atta83

v_misses_epcot said:
Considering drinks cost 6 bucks a pop >_>;;

Ummm i though they were like 2-2.50 like Gail said. I know while there during the summer they were not 6 bucks. I wouldnt pay that....i mean i did for adult beverages.... :slurp: :lookaroun

PhotoDave219

MK beverages are all down to $2 at the moment, or rather those in plastic bottles.

Fountain beverage prices still remain the same.

I still recommend to anyone with a large family to go to publix, get yourself a case fo water for $5 bucks and make the kids be sherpas....

wannab@dis

PhotoDave219 said:
I still recommend to anyone with a large family to go to publix, get yourself a case fo water for $5 bucks and make the kids be sherpas....
exactly what we do, except with no kids! :)

we figured that this saved us about $120 on our last trip! We both drank 2 or 3 waters a day for a week in the parks. Add in another couple of soft drinks or waters in the room at night and it adds up quickly!

As quoted by someone:
You need to be more factual.
I got that as a private message leading to this certain post. Once again, I didn't read between the lines and thought you all were talking about the huge ones with the animals in animal kingdom with the dinosaur/ gorilla and cheeta toppers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are 6.50 and has 2 dollar refills?

The point is, someone gave me negative points for that and you know what, whatever. The other point I was making was that soft drinks are expenisive in general, so it had nothing to do with me being factual or not considering I was right when it came to the big topper drinks.

Once again, sorry for misreading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom