Current DLR Rides and Attractions You Haven't Experienced

Stevek

I got inspiration for this after seeing that someone had never done Grizzly River Run at DCA (a fun ride, by the way). What current rides and attractions haven't you done yet?

Disneyland

-Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes: My mom is terrified of water and can't swim, so she never took us on the Canoes as kids. I'm not sure why I haven't done it now. One day I will though.

-Nemo Subs: I literally have zero desire to ride this.

-Smuggler's Run: Same with this one, I have no desire.

California Adventure

-I have yet to do Incredicoaster and Jessie's Critter Carousel. I'll count Incredicoaster, since the actual ride is the same but now there are show scenes. I won't count Jessie's because nothing too significant to the experience has changed.
Disneyland:
Smugglers Run
Rise of the Resistance

DCA:
Critter Carousel
Emotional Whirlwind
Silly Symphony Swings

Of those 5, it's unlikely I will ride Smuggler's Run or SSS as I would likely get sick.

waltography

DL
Astro Orbitor
Great Moments
Main Street Vehicles
Sailing Ship Columbia (and Pirates' Lair in general)
Davy Crockett

DCA
Most Pier flats (Golden Zephyr, Silly Symphony Swings, Emotional Whirlwind, Jessie's Critter Carousel)

George Lucas on a Bench

I should note I only went on Jumping Jellyfish because I was with a baby. Even considering it's a baby's ride, it was awful. It's not that I was expecting a baby drop ride to be thrilling, but the frappin' ride was over before you know it. You'd think they could just program it to do a few more drops, extend the length beyond 20 seconds. What a gyp!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Looks scary. Love the theme though.
If you just sit still in the seat, it’s a lot of fun. I know some people like to hold their arms out like they’re flying, but I don’t enjoy doing that. Also keep your face forward and don’t look around. You might feel sick doing that.

It’s a nice circular trip, but I understand why some may find it scary looking.

Nirya

For Disneyland, the only thing I really haven't done is the Main Street Vehicles, unless you want to count the new Snow White on this list. Was able to get Rise of the Resistance in before the shutdown a few times, and have gone so often over the years that I've hit up everything from original Toon Town to the former Rocket Rods.

At DCA, only a couple newer things are on the list: Philharmagic, Jesse's, and the Whirlwind. Everything else (including the Frozen play, which was pretty good!) I've done.

BasiltheBatLord

A couple years ago I gave myself a challenge of riding everything in Disneyland park in one day.

What I learned was: the big boats and the canoes are nice. Autopia and the Subs suck.

SuddenStorm

Autopia is another favorite of mine.

People only call for it's removal online because Disney hasn't done the best job keeping it modern. That, and they forget how dang awesome that ride is for kids.

It doesn't need to be removed. Update the fleet of vehicles to be more fun to drive, spruce up the landscaping and track, and get rid of the Honda Asimo nonsense they plastered all over it.

I hope that ride sticks around in some form forever.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
People only call for it's removal online because Disney hasn't done the best job keeping it modern. That, and they forget how dang awesome that ride is for kids.

It doesn't need to be removed. Update the fleet of vehicles to be more fun to drive, spruce up the landscaping and track, and get rid of the Honda Asimo nonsense they plastered all over it.

I hope that ride sticks around in some form forever.
Agreed, especially the Honda Asimo bit. It doesn’t completely ruin the ride for me, but it adds nothing. I hope it goes as soon as possible. It was much more charming and just overall better before.

The ride just needs an update and needs to be modernized. My favorite time to ride is nighttime during the fireworks. A quintessential Disneyland experience.

Practical Pig

Autopia is another favorite of mine.
I have an indelible memory of riding along on Autopia while our youngest was behind the wheel for the first time of him driving anything anywhere. I remember his concentration on trying to master the clumsy controls while ensuring that he didn't bump into the car in front. Most of all, I remember his broad, beaming smile when I reported to our family group how admirably and responsibly he had performed on that milestone.

I hope that some version of Autopia is always part of the Disneyland experience however the park evolves.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I have an indelible memory of riding along on Autopia while our youngest was behind the wheel for the first time of him driving anything anywhere. I remember his concentration on trying to master the clumsy controls while ensuring that he didn't bump into the car in front. Most of all, I remember his broad, beaming smile when I reported to our family group how admirably and responsibly he had performed on that milestone.

I hope that some version of Autopia is always part of the Disneyland experience however the park evolves.
What a nice memory. There really is something special for a child to "drive" an Autopia car. I can relate to the attempts to keep the car in a straight line to avoid bumping into the side. Getting the driver's license was great. It's rewarding.

Why get rid of that experience?

DLR92

A couple years ago I gave myself a challenge of riding everything in Disneyland park in one day.

What I learned was: the big boats and the canoes are nice. Autopia and the Subs suck.
I never got to aboard on the Columbia or Mark Twain. I would love to try someday.

But I have NO desires to do the canoes. I found myself extremely tired to paddle the river! I can't do Autopia or the submarine either. Autopia is insanely slow and gotten me lower back pain. I had countless of terrible experience of smelling people bad body odor in the submarine. Never again!

CaptinEO

Disneyland:

Vehicles of Main Street (never been on any of them)
It's funny, I've never been offered to ride these vehicles at Disneyland.

When we went to Magic Kingdom for our honeymoon we were there early for breakfast dining reservations and a vehicle operator says "you two look like you're ready to be the first to go on a ride at the park!".

We then got driven down main street and it was so memorable, since it was the first time we saw it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom