Current crowd levels

Schneewittchen

Agreed.

Sunday was a $#!t show. Waited 40 minutes for a bus from Contemporary to AK.

And yesterday was just as ridiculous. In the morning, around 10:45 am at MK - 65 min for Aladdin, 85 for PoTC. Basically you could go to Country Bears, Hall of Presidents and any of the shows, not much else unless you had FPs.

We're going again in April, but not planning to renew APs or go back for at least a year.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Agreed.

Sunday was a $#!t show. Waited 40 minutes for a bus from Contemporary to AK.

And yesterday was just as ridiculous. In the morning, around 10:45 am at MK - 65 min for Aladdin, 85 for PoTC. Basically you could go to Country Bears, Hall of Presidents and any of the shows, not much else unless you had FPs.

We're going again in April, but not planning to renew APs or go back for at least a year.

Meh I waited that long for the AK bus from Contemporary in late July so really that's just a Contemporary problem.
Also yesterday was a holiday and all this week is a holiday week off for many schools.
Its the big break between NYE and Easter so its not surprising that its busy.

Last edited:

Schneewittchen

Meh I waited that long for the AK bus from Contemporary in late July so really that's just a Contemporary problem.
Also yesterday was a holiday and all this week is a holiday week off for many schools.
Its the big break between NYE and Easter so its not surprising that its busy.
I don't know. I was in the parks for Christmas this year and I usually go during Easter, and it never feels this bad.

I blame star wars and the internet. The kids want to go to Universal and DH wants to go to Hawaii...

bryanfze55

Is today a holiday weekend?

Because right now, at the Magic Kingdom, here are some wait times:

Space Mountain - 120 minutes
Haunted Mansion - 110 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight - 105 minutes
Jungle Cruise - 100 minutes ()
Pirates of the Caribbean - 95 minutes (also )
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - 90 minutes (triple )
Magic Carpets of Aladdin - 80 minutes (ok, this is just depressing)

I love WDW as much as the next person, but on our Florida trip later this year, my family is going to Universal. I'm not even a huge fan of Universal, but I can't deny that among the Florida parks right now it has the best balance of theming/entertainment AND a pleasant experience. WDW is no longer a pleasant experience :(

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Is today a holiday weekend?

Because right now, at the Magic Kingdom, here are some wait times:

Space Mountain - 120 minutes
Haunted Mansion - 110 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight - 105 minutes
Jungle Cruise - 100 minutes (***)
Pirates of the Caribbean - 95 minutes (also ***)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - 90 minutes (triple ***)
Magic Carpets of Aladdin - 80 minutes (ok, this is just depressing)

I love WDW as much as the next person, but on our Florida trip later this year, my family is going to Universal. I'm not even a huge fan of Universal, but I can't deny that among the Florida parks right now it has the best balance of theming/entertainment AND a pleasant experience. WDW is no longer a pleasant experience :(
It's a holiday week for many schools.

Sonconato

Yikes, that is all scary! We leave for WDW in a week. If things are like this, then it's time for something else for us.
We wish you luck! We've been local annual passholders for the past 11 years and we have visited the Parks at least twice a week since the first day we had them. This is the first year we dropped two tiers down on our passes due to the reduction in offerings, increased pricing and excessive crowds. We now go only once a week at best and we haven't been to AK since October and it's our favorite Park. We used to vacation at WDW when we lived out of state but if things we're like they are now, we wouldn't bother. It's no longer relaxing...it's kind of stressful to be honest.

hopemax

I feel the same. Unfortunately, we can only book FP 7 days in advance, and there are no decent ones, during daytime, all week at Animal Kingdom. Refreshing got me a Kilimanjaro Safaris FP at 2PM on Monday. But I'm nervous about doing anything else because it's EMH in the morning. But I've never had trouble getting an Everest or a Dinosaur FP at 7 days. We were just here for Christmas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom