Current crowd levels

awoogala

I feel the same. Unfortunately, we can only book FP 7 days in advance, and there are no decent ones, during daytime, all week at Animal Kingdom. Refreshing got me a Kilimanjaro Safaris FP at 2PM on Monday. But I'm nervous about doing anything else because it's EMH in the morning. But I've never had trouble getting an Everest or a Dinosaur FP at 7 days. We were just here for Christmas!
Why only 7 days?

jloucks

Is today a holiday weekend?

Because right now, at the Magic Kingdom, here are some wait times:

Space Mountain - 120 minutes
Haunted Mansion - 110 minutes
Peter Pan's Flight - 105 minutes
Jungle Cruise - 100 minutes (***)
Pirates of the Caribbean - 95 minutes (also ***)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - 90 minutes (triple ***)
Magic Carpets of Aladdin - 80 minutes (ok, this is just depressing)

I love WDW as much as the next person, but on our Florida trip later this year, my family is going to Universal. I'm not even a huge fan of Universal, but I can't deny that among the Florida parks right now it has the best balance of theming/entertainment AND a pleasant experience. WDW is no longer a pleasant experience :(

I hear you. This is the main reason we have not been back in years and with no plan to return. Universal is a superior park if you dislike overcrowding and stupid long lines.

cheezbat

Attachments

• CB80F8E5-296D-417B-8199-97F6140CE76A.png
    CB80F8E5-296D-417B-8199-97F6140CE76A.png
    406.5 KB · Views: 26

bryanfze55

Whats hagrids queue currently 3/4 hours ?

Hagrid’s is a brand new state of the art ride. I personally would not wait 2 hours for anything. But I checked both Disney and Universal apps yesterday just for fun and let’s be real: Jungle Cruise, a 50-year-old ride, had a longer wait than the brand new E-Ticket Hagrid’s.

And even if the most popular rides at Universal (basically Harry Potter rides) have a long queue, you can still almost always get on Spider-Man, Transformers, Men in Black, Jurassic Park, ET, Cat in the Hat, etc. in 30-45 minutes or less. I’m sorry, but I’m going to take that over the possibility of waiting an hour and a half for the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.

I love WDW, but the unknown is scary. You just never know when wait times are going to peak. You could get lucky and have normal wait times, or you could go at a time when Disney is planning for a slow day and thus, run everything at reduced capacity yet the crowds still come. Crowd calendars are unreliable at this point. Summer is probably the best bet, but I’m not going to Orlando in summer.

Elfinko

I have to admit that I'm concerned about our trip in April. Yesterday was our 60 notice to start planning fast passes. As of last night, a lot of time slots for popular rides were already gone. This is my 4th time doing this and I've never seen slots disappear that fast on day one. FoP for 4/22 is completely gone already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom