Curious, what do people who have only been to Disneyland think of Disney World?

tink81

I really liked DLR, inlcuding DCA. I have also been to DLP and although the Disney Studios needs more landscaping and heavy theming, I enjoyed myself. I don't think they are bad parks, just that they are at the bottom of the list of Disney parks. I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather go to DCA or Disney Studios Paris over Hersheypark or Six Flags any day.

I have to stand up for poor DCA. How can you talk about poor theming,when every section in the park has some sort of relationship with California? Please name for me one thing in that park that has absolutely nothing to do with CA.?Granted I'll agree that it is a half day park,but it is still wonderful to know that I can walk in to DCA in the morning and hop over to DL at night.
Now I've been going to WDW since I was 8,and I honestly do not remember my initial reaction to it. But I do remember hearing the "grown-ups" around me bashing whichever park we were in,whether it be Epcot,MGM, or AK,for not being Disney enough. I love both DL and WDW equally. Simply said I'm happiest when I'm at Disney,whichever state or country or park I am in.

ZapperZ

I have to stand up for poor DCA. How can you talk about poor theming,when every section in the park has some sort of relationship with California? Please name for me one thing in that park that has absolutely nothing to do with CA.?

Er... Monsters Inc?

:)

Now I've been going to WDW since I was 8,and I honestly do not remember my initial reaction to it. But I do remember hearing the "grown-ups" around me bashing whichever park we were in,whether it be Epcot,MGM, or AK,for not being Disney enough. I love both DL and WDW equally. Simply said I'm happiest when I'm at Disney,whichever state or country or park I am in.

I love both DL Resort and WDW. And unlike others, I happen to also enjoy DCA. Like I said in my trip report, you forget all the themes (or lack thereof) when you're screaming your head off being shot up the first hill on California Screaming.

Zz.

I was wrong, Muppets 3-d has only a little connection to CA. ,and that is Jim Henson has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Other than that everything,has something to do with CA. Yes including Monsters Inc. It was made by Pixar,which has it's studio's out here in CA.:)

isitingood

He didn't say it was a financial failure, just a joke.
Its a commonly held consensus that it's the 2nd lamest Disney park ever built (it held that bottom spot until Disney Studios Paris was opened).
It brings in people who are going to Disneyland anyway, but its a half-day park at most with weak theming.
No you're wrong, he also said that DCA is a flop:p The place does need some work but it's target is for older kids, California Screamin is way better then Expedition Everest. Now don't get me wrong I go every year to both WDW and DL. I like WDW more because there is so much more to do but like I said in my other posts it's because of DL success that WDW exits today. There is no room to expand DL, DCA was built on DL's parking lot because if you walk across Harbor Blvd you run into a bunch of Hotels,Motels and fast food res:wave:

isitingood

I have to stand up for poor DCA. How can you talk about poor theming,when every section in the park has some sort of relationship with California? Please name for me one thing in that park that has absolutely nothing to do with CA.?Granted I'll agree that it is a half day park,but it is still wonderful to know that I can walk in to DCA in the morning and hop over to DL at night.
You're correct the park is about California and if you ask most Californian's they will tell they like DCA

isitingood

He didn't say it was a financial failure, just a joke.
Its a commonly held consensus that it's the 2nd lamest Disney park ever built (it held that bottom spot until Disney Studios Paris was opened).
It brings in people who are going to Disneyland anyway, but its a half-day park at most with weak theming.
No you're wrong, he also said that DCA is a flop:p The place does need some work but it's target is for older kids, California Screamin is way better then Expedition Everest. Now don't get me wrong I go every year to both WDW and DL. I like WDW more because there is so much more to do but like I said in my other posts it's because of DL success that WDW exits today. There is no room to expand DL, DCA was built on DL's parking lot because if you walk across Harbor Blvd you run into a bunch of Hotels,Motels and fast food res:wave:

kachow

I'm an East Coaster who had been to WDW multiple times growing up, and a few more times in recent years as an adult with my wife. We went to Disney Land last September for a few days while we were touring the West Coast, figuring the 50th anniversary would be cool, and I was suprised how depressing I found it. First off, coming from WDW, when you see the castle at DL you can't help but be underwhelmed. Overall, I just felt like it was stuck in the '70's, although DCA was definitely worse overall. We stayed at one of the hotels there, and it was just had a very un-Disney feel to it. It honestly felt like they were cutting corners in terms of general cleanliness and groundskeeping. And the staff just didn't seem to be "drinking the Kool Ade" the way they seem to in Florida. I think part of it was I got myself psyched up because of how much I like WDW, and hearing about the Matterhorn all these years, and it just didn't live up to the hype.

Erika

My FIL hasn't been to either one in decades, but his main observation was the lack of attention to detail at MK vs DL.

CoffeeJedi

My FIL hasn't been to either one in decades, but his main observation was the lact of detention to detail at MK vs DL.
hehe, malapropism much? ;)
I've heard the same thing though, DL is more detailed.

And its not about DCA not sticking to its theming... its just that its got a lame theme to begin with IMHO. Instead of taking us to far away lands or times of old, it takes us to.... an airfield! Or... a boardwalk!
They just didn't try very hard (or didn't have the budget).

William Marsden

I grew up in California and I have a soft spot in my heart for Disneyland. There are some aspects of DL that I think far surpass WDW. Pirates is far more elaborate at DL. The outside of Small World is much better at DL and there are some things that can only be experienced at DL like Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, Storybookland Canal Boats, Roger Rabbit and Alice in Wonderland. Now while these attractions aren't the most amazing experiences to be had, I like all of them. That said, what I like most about WDW is the fact that you really are in your own little world. You eat, sleep and live in the magic and the outside world is really outside.
There's no escaping the outside world at DL. We could still see other outside motels and restaurants from our room at the Grand Californian. Another thing, I liked California Adventure but I didn't feel the strong themeing that I feel at the other parks in WDW. I mean what does Bugs Life, Twilight Zone T of T or Muppets really have to do with California? It just seems as though Disney needed more space to put in some of thier better attractions. Just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom