Cupcakes & Margaritas.A Disney Vacation With Magical Moments.

Once upon a time,in a land far far away,lived a dreamer. He dreamt of a land where people of many nations got on with each other,where nothing was a problem.Infact it was like Utopia. After travelling millions of miles,he at last found this place.And Altho it took him 52 years to find it,he was finally at peace,oh the place! WDW. This trip report starts soon,so look out for " Cupcakes & Margaritas " coming to your screens soon.:)

DisneyDebNJ

Day 5....Once again it was 6.30 am this time for the rope drop at MK. We got there in plenty of time for the opening ceremony.Another breakfast at Main St bakery with coffee & buns,the weather was again very hot & humid so we just done our own things,jungle cruise,pirates,haunted mansion,small world,and one of my favs,Mickeys philamagic.Then as we turned a corner between fantasyland & tomorrow there she stood,all 5 foot of her Princess Merida.So after a 10min wait in the queue I got to meet her.And in my broadest Scottish accent I asked her " How's my Bonnie lass this morning?" She smiled and asked what my clan was,to which I replied,Royal Stewart of course,anyway she was very pleasant.For lunch we ate at CHH.And at noon we headed back to PORS for our swim & chill out period.We had our first ADR at T-Rex that night,8.00pm and were sitted in the ice blue cave room.We shared the Artifact stack of onion rings,yummy,DS opted for the New York Strip,DW had a combo of surf & turf,which was steak & shrimp,and I had the T - Bone.The only thing none of us liked was the waffle fries,ugh.We had a couple of beers and finished with cocktails.They were very strong,and they gave you 2 cocktail glasses in boxes as Souviners.All in all,the meal was very enjoyable,not fine dining by any means,but we already knew that.The theme of Dino's everywhere had the kids bouncing but hey,that's a part of the magic of Disney.A nice boat ride up the sassagoula river to our resort winded up a good if not hectic day.
Hatter, I can almost hear your accent through your report. My grandfather was Scottish so I know the accent LOL. Loving the report and so glad youre back!!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 8...Well today was our first ly-in.Up at 9.00am and we headed to downtown for breakfast at WPE. Wow,DS had a omelette with mushrooms,spinach,cheese,DW had Belgian waffles with fresh fruit & cream,and I opted for the breakfast pocket which had way too much for me,there was eggs,Ham,peppers,mushrooms,mozzarella and cheddar cheese,oh and onions,folded into what looked like a calzone pizza.Talk about a calorie killer.Still this is a great place for QS dining plan,even better when it's free.After that we went shopping,got our bath bombs from Basins,got some more beer from Hess supermarket,used our discount voucher for World of Disney for T-Shirts,then later on we got the boat back up the sassagoula river to our resort for a swim & chill out.We had a late lunch at our food court before heading out to MK.Todays weather again was hot & humid but we managed to miss a thunderstorm around 6.00pm,our night at the kingdom was just popping on whatever took our fancy,from "It's a small world" to "Transit" then " Carousel of progress " onto " Buzz" then "Stitch" and "Monstors Inc" watching the parade from the castle ( I do miss Spectro ) then dogs & fries at Caseys,before "Wishes" . Oh we did eat at Pecos tonight and awesome fixing bar.So around 10.30 pm we headed for our riverside bus for a good nights sleep.

ppodangel

Sounds like you had a ball :) I am hoping Merida is still there when we go in October, just wondering how good the accent will be! :)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Sounds like you had a ball :) I am hoping Merida is still there when we go in October, just wondering how good the accent will be! :)
Yeh,I thought her accent was quite good and she was well liked by the children who posed for photos,I reckon she will still be there in October.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hatter! Sounds totally magaicl! I am so happy you had a great time. Did you book your return trip yet?
Not yet,we are off to Dubai next year to visit DW younger brother who is project manager of a well known oil company,and who is mega rich.Hoping he can sponsor us to stay in a deluxe resort in WDW. Then in 2014 it's back to Disney.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 9.....Another ly-in getting up at 08.45 am with breakfast at the food court then off to HS and the usual rides,tho we did like Lightning McQueen in the " Lights,Motors,Action" show,we like the fact that Star Tours has many different rides and done this three times today.After our usual noon chill out & swim at riverside we done Epcot that night and dined at TC at Morocco,we tried the combos and DS had a wrap,unfortunately none of us really enjoyed any of these dishes,pity as I was looking forward to them,anyway after a lovely stroll around the world we had a cool beer at Canada and took in " Off Kilter "tho the line up was completely different than 2010. Our biggest laugh that day was whilst filming Pixars parade at HS,one of the characters from Monstors Inc started to dance with " Boo" and a young CM tried to break them apart to which the fur faced character whacked the young boy ( CM ) on his lower part of his body to which he fell to the floor with lots of laughter from a girl CM behind him.Never mess with a fur faced character.Anyway day 9 came and went so we knew we had a early start for MK as early hours were on for tomorrow.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 10...I promise photos will follow..Anyway our 10th day started with a 7.30am wake up call and we headed for our favourite park MK. We had our breakfast at Main St bakery,with cinnamon rolls,another 300 calories,and strong coffee.This was going to be another hot & humid day.At this point I should report on our " cooling bandanas " that we had soaked in water and left in our fridge overnight.They worked a treat and kept us cool for most part of the morning.We done our usual rides,Pirates,buzz,haunted mansion etc,then we done the liberty boat ride and were treated to a very large turtle swimming along side the boat.The funniest thing I saw today was a Rabbi in full costume on his mobile,no he wasn't a CM,so there you go,you can now contact the big man in the sky via cell net.Anyway,at dinner time it was back to our resort for lunch and swim & chill period.Later on that night we headed out for Epcot.We done the 3 caballeros at Mexico and had the tequila flight,and just strolled around the world taking it all in,tho at this stage our 14 yr old son was getting fed up with our strolls around Epcot.We decided to head back to our resort where I had the beef and sweetbread & sweetcorn at the carving station,and DW had the pasta,and DS opted for chicken nuggets & fries.We called it a night about 11.00pm as we were planning for Typhoon Lagoon in the morning.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
i am so glad to hear about your wicked trip. it brightened my day :) also how did the drinks and cupcake shindigs go :)
We paced them out to be honest.We had a couple of cocktails,quite a few margaritas,a couple of tequila flights,several types of beer,a few bottles of vino with our ADRS. As far as cupcakes go,they were harder to get down than the drinks.:)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 11... Well today we hit Typhoon Lagoon from 08.30 till 12.00.It was very hot and with no shade,we were in & out of the water like demented penguins,TL is our favourite WP,and it was very busy as we were leaving.We then headed back to RS for lunch then grabbed the boat to downtown for some more shopping.Later on that night we headed off to MK and had diner at CHH,we done our usual rides and just soaked in all the magic atmosphere and of course took in "Wishes" I could never get fed up of that firework display and watching other people with their 1st visit pins on,taking it all in,the look on some of the children's faces were priceless.Anyway after that it was back to our bus depot and PORS.:)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 12...Our last few days we were looking forward to as we had 2 ADRS including priority illuminations viewing.So this morning we got up at 06.30am and made the rope drop at MK. Love the opening ceremony,then it was breakfast at Main St bakery,followed by seeing the Trolley Parade,great little show,caught it on video,then it was off to do our favs.Our usual routine had us back at riverside at noon for our swim & chill out.We had a 2.00pm lunch as the big one was waiting,and it came at 7.50pm when we ventured to Contempory resort and were taken up from floor 2 to 15 for our ADR.We were seated at the back with awesome views over the water,facing I-Drive.My DS had a Flatbread and DW had the rocky shrimp salad and I opted for the Spicy Kazan Roll Sushi.OMG. I was converted,this was my favourite meal of my vacation yet,even the salmon marinated in ginger blew me away.My DS had the children's steak,DW had the Alaskan Halibut and Altho the Bison wasn't on that night,boo,I had the fillet steak.we had beers and a bottle of Chenin Blanc.Overall I could not fault the Cali Grill and the Sushi will linger on in my memory.We timed it perfect for "Wishes" viewing out on the platform.This indeed was a great night.So we hopped on the monorail and transferred to our bus back to PORS to dream.:)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 13...6.30am up,up,and away.Epcot for the magic hour and SS for our breakfast and FP for Soarin,we decided to do Nemo,tho I've always found it wee bit boring but it gets you out of the heat,so after SE and the usual attractions,come noon,the pool and lunch at PORS was the norm.That night we headed back to MK our favourite park and had early dinner at Caseys.The Chicago slaw dog,chilli dog,plain dog,fries,and three large cokes,oh and three bags of cotton candy,went down a treat.Tonight tho was a first for me,I actually beat my DS on Buzz,Whoo Hoo! So with a big grin on my face,at 11.00pm we headed back to riverside and had a takeaway pizza for the room.As tomorrow was our last full day and our ADR in epcot,it was lights out for a good nights sleep.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 14...Well it had to come to an end I suppose.All in all,we had a great time.The weather was kind to us,only getting soaked once in a thunderstorm,the food was awesome,and the parks went as busy in July as our previous visits.So today was our last 6.30am rise,and we made it for rope drop at HS.We said our farewells to Toy story mania and Star tours and the rest of our favourite attractions.And later on at midday we headed for last minute shopping at downtown,this is when we tried out " Cookes of Dublin" OMG. This was our hidden gem as far as counter service goes.The home made pies were awesome as was my DS fish & chips,then after our late lunch we headed back for our swim & chill out time.So come 4.30pm we made our way to Epcot for our 6.00pm ADR at " Via Napoli " And it was packed. We decided to split a "Mezzo Metro" pizza. between three of us and asked our server for half pepperoni and half with spicy Italian sausage & chillies.Now it was big,half a metre in size,that's 18" to you & me.We also got a lovely bottle of Pinot Grigo for $25.00 which went down a treat.After our meal we strolled around the world till we got to UK for our priority fireworks viewing.Here at the right side of Rose & Crown the CM

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Sorry,hit the post button.So the CM didn't know anything about our priority viewing,I gave her the 12 digit reference and she came back with 3 plastic cards which we used to get into this seating area.Apart from the three of us,there was just one other family of four from Alabama,who were in this area.Anyway the position was perfect and I filmed the Illuminations.So with a tear in my eye we bade a farewell and left Epcot for PORS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom