CTX vs. Dinosaur

muse1983

Original Poster
I never had the opportunity to ride CTX before it was transformed into Dinosaur. I have read a few reports of how it was rougher(pertaining to the jeeps sloshing all over the place) and scarier. Could someone give a very specific account on what made it a scarier ride? Were they completely different Dinosaur AA's? Were they placed in different areas? What were some of the encounters like? Thanks!

Biff215

To be honest, I've ridden both versions and didn't notice many of the changes, although I'm sure I may have just forgotten. As far as I know, none of the dinosaurs or scenes were really changed, just the overall programming of the ride vehicle that made for a smoother, possibly slower ride. Of course there are effects that no longer work, but most of those had nothing to do with the changeover. The name change was primarily an attempt at a movie tie-in as far as I can tell.

I'm sure someone can share more specifics of the actual changes made.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It looked exactly the same apart from more effects actually working.

Follow the link in my sig for my recent CTX/Dinosaur edit showing the original effects :wave:

muse1983

Original Poster
It looked exactly the same apart from more effects actually working.

Follow the link in my sig for my recent CTX/Dinosaur edit showing the original effects :wave:

Brilliant video! Probably one of the most fluent/informative vids I have seen concerning a single ride.

muse1983

Original Poster
It's kind of depressing to see what the Animal Kingdom could have been... in my opinion the best thing it has going for it right now is the Tough to be a Bug, Finding Nemo and Safari attractions. Everest is a fantastic coaster with effects that are constantly down and Dinosaur is a shell of it's former self.

I can only hope that Beastly Kingdom will be officially announced in the next 2-3 years, it would be a massive blow towards Wizarding World...not that I have anything against Wizarding World...I would love to be walking towards the Forbidden Journey que with a butterbeer in hand right now...sigh....anyways BRING ON BEASTLY KINGDOM!!

Horizonstta

I never had the opportunity to ride CTX before it was transformed into Dinosaur. I have read a few reports of how it was rougher(pertaining to the jeeps sloshing all over the place) and scarier. Could someone give a very specific account on what made it a scarier ride? Were they completely different Dinosaur AA's? Were they placed in different areas? What were some of the encounters like? Thanks!

For a brief time when the attraction opened, there was also a completely different audio track. Not as good as the current version (imo).

Rob562

For a brief time when the attraction opened, there was also a completely different audio track. Not as good as the current version (imo).

Yeah, I've heard a recording of the original audio track. Seeker was just plain *annoying* in the original version.

Not sure if it ever made it out of previews before the change, though.

-Rob

Horizonstta

Yeah, I've heard a recording of the original audio track. Seeker was just plain *annoying* in the original version.

Not sure if it ever made it out of previews before the change, though.

-Rob

It only played for a short time, a month or so. There was also a lot more annoying dialog/sfx that didn't make it to the version used.

the_princess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIwvhaHLYes

It has really bad visuals, as is typical I find with in the dark rides, but its from the opening and has amazing audio. I actually enjoyed seeker more in CTX then Dino...

I have a question though in relation to this... In CTX didnt the long neck (sorry having a Land Before Time moment and cant remember the name...)when it "sneezed" actually spray you with water or was I imagioning things??

Alektronic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIwvhaHLYes

It has really bad visuals, as is typical I find with in the dark rides, but its from the opening and has amazing audio. I actually enjoyed seeker more in CTX then Dino...

I have a question though in relation to this... In CTX didnt the long neck (sorry having a Land Before Time moment and cant remember the name...)when it "sneezed" actually spray you with water or was I imagioning things??

The Saltasaurus (long neck) actually burped and let out an air blast and a pretty rotten smell. The 1st Carno originally had a hot spit which sprayed water and the Mother Ceradactylus also sprayed water from above like she was drooling over you and the fans were like she was flapping her wings by you. Both water effects were turned off early on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom