Crystal Palace Question

HouCuseChickie

Yea...this is a view from our table the one time we were facing Adventureland. You can see enough to know we're facing that way, but also enough to confirm @Tuvalu 's description.

15825757122_2c7afa00aa.jpg

15639026997_db16d38ff9.jpg

buckeyegator

2 questions on the family style menu. is it all you can eat of the entree you choose, like liberty tree tavern, and can you, if it is all you can eat change entree's for your 2nd or 3rd portion? price seems high for just 1 serving of your entree.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
2 questions on the family style menu. is it all you can eat of the entree you choose, like liberty tree tavern, and can you, if it is all you can eat change entree's for your 2nd or 3rd portion? price seems high for just 1 serving of your entree.
It is not all you can eat. You get one entree.

buckeyegator

hardly seems worth it, you know the price will be way to high unless you get huge,and i mean huge, portions.hollywood and vine charges 55.00 for the same type dinning.

DisAl

In my opinion it is not worth it unless it returns to buffet (or cafeteria type serving done by CMs) and characters for the grandkids. So far as "all you can eat" it's not that I eat a lot but I really enjoy getting small portions of a number of different items rather than having to choose just one thing.
The same thing goes for other locations like Hollywood and Vine and Tusker House, Akershus, and Biergarten. They are simply not worth the prices they charge for what you get at this time.
Our next trip is scheduled for May 2021. If the restaurant situation is the same as it is now we will just be doing counter service meals out of pocket rather than the Disney Dining Plan we have done for years.

Last edited:

Bliss_Carolina

I have been looking for the price. How much is it? I am hoping for some flexibility since it’s family style of letting you do that

buckeyegator

now i am confused. saw on another disney site, i know there are really no other disney sites that you are allowed seconds on your entree and dessert plus unlimited bread and salad.if this is true, and the prime rib is a decent sized portion and good, it is almost reasonable.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have been looking for the price. How much is it? I am hoping for some flexibility since it’s family style of letting you do that
35 to 60 per adult
now i am confused. saw on another disney site, i know there are really no other disney sites that you are allowed seconds on your entree and dessert plus unlimited bread and salad.if this is true, and the prime rib is a decent sized portion and good, it is almost reasonable.
From a recent review on TripAdvisor:
"As a former chef I know how to slice Prime Rib and I have never seen such a poorly sliced piece of meat. It was diagonal so extra thin and tiny."

Chef Mickey

I ate here toward the end of December and experienced the new menu.

I think one word sums it up pretty well. Disappointing.

I had the fried chicken, Mac and cheese, and greens.

First, I asked if it was possible to do white meat only. I like it more, sue me. 😂

Anyway, they said no problem. Great...they bring it out and confirmed white only. I said, that is a thigh. He said it wasn’t. I said, it’s definitely a thigh...see how there is no wing and it’s much smaller than the breast? He agreed, apologized and brought me a breast.

The chicken itself was poorly battered...like it almost had no coating bc it all fell off. What was there was not crispy, AT ALL...definitely had sat around with other pieces, steaming.

The flavor was very average and the thyme they used was overwhelming. It was not like a southern, salty, crispy fried chicken. It’s like they tried too hard to make it fancier and it backfired. Salt and pepper with a nice crunch is all you need!

The Mac and cheese was that very generic, probably not homemade type with a few soggy breadcrumbs on top.

The greens were actually pretty good, but these were too bitter for me.

The salad was limp, but the candied walnuts were nice and I thought the dressing was quite good.

The bread was not very hot and forgettable.

I actually really enjoyed the old buffet, but this was quite bad for the $38/person. It was order an entree, so it was not all you can eat for the lunch I had. Will not be back in its current form.

Last edited:

JohnD

I ate here toward the end of December and experienced the new menu.

I think one word sums it up pretty well. Disappointing.

I had the fried chicken, Mac and cheese, and greens.

First, I asked if it was possible to do white meat only. I like it more, sue me. 😂

Anyway, they said no problem. Great...they bring it out and confirmed white only. I said, that is a thigh. He said it wasn’t. I said, it’s definitely a thigh...see how there is no wing and it’s much smaller than the breast? He agreed, apologized and brought me a breast.

The chicken itself was poorly battered...like it almost had no coating bc it all fell off. What was there was not crispy, AT ALL...definitely had sat around with other pieces, steaming.

The flavor was very average and the thyme they used was overwhelming. It was not like a southern, salty, crispy fried chicken. It’s like they tried too hard to make it fancier and it backfired. Salt and pepper with a nice crunch is all you need!

The Mac and cheese was that very generic, probably not homemade type with a few soggy breadcrumbs on top.

The greens were actually pretty good, but these were too bitter for me.

The salad was limp, but the candied walnuts were nice and I thought the dressing was quite good.

The bread was not very hot and forgettable.

I actually really enjoyed the old buffet, but this was quite bad for the $38/person. It was order an entree, so it was not all you can eat for the lunch I had. Will not be back in its current form.

Just made a reservation there for March because I've never been. I may just go back to Skipper Canteen. I've never been disappointed there even during the limited menu when I last dined there in October.

medic2kw

At there on January 1 for dinner. Our experience (three of us):
Reservations were for 6:30pm, we check in online at either 610 or 615 (whenever you can). At 645, went to the desk to inquire and the hostess stated they were running 20 to 30 minutes behind scheduled. She offered no additional explanation and stated she was sorry for the delay. We were finally called at 7:01pm and led to our table.

Asked our waiter about the delay and he mentioned that each plate is made to order and it takes time to prepare the food; all while I could see the already prepared food on the buffet stands.

The salad was nice. I think it has 4 slices of tomato and eight small chunks of watermelon. It was tasty.

I got the pork chop which was ok, thick, but could barely taste the maple glaze. Comes with the standard al dente green beans but did include a small pot of mashed sweet potatoes with a marshmallow topping.

Friend got the prime rib and said it was very good. Other friend got the fried chicken - 4 pieces. Stated the mac and cheese had no cheese taste and it looked like the cheese had dissipated.

Spoke to the manager during the dinner and he apologized for the delay in seating and stated they have been receiving complaints about it. They expected most diners to sit for 80 minutes but they were seeing diners sit for upwards of 100 to 120 minutes instead which made for back ups. He offered us drinks to make up for the wait and did state they are taking a hard look at operations to see where improvements could be made. Asked if maybe they could do a push notification on the app about dining delays and he stated that IT was working on that as well.

The dessert plate was brought out the waiter identified the banana creme pie as a cheesecake. The cupcake was very good.

We were in an out within an hour. Its not on our list to go back to anytime soon.

Chef Mickey

At there on January 1 for dinner. Our experience (three of us):
Reservations were for 6:30pm, we check in online at either 610 or 615 (whenever you can). At 645, went to the desk to inquire and the hostess stated they were running 20 to 30 minutes behind scheduled. She offered no additional explanation and stated she was sorry for the delay. We were finally called at 7:01pm and led to our table.

Asked our waiter about the delay and he mentioned that each plate is made to order and it takes time to prepare the food; all while I could see the already prepared food on the buffet stands.

The salad was nice. I think it has 4 slices of tomato and eight small chunks of watermelon. It was tasty.

I got the pork chop which was ok, thick, but could barely taste the maple glaze. Comes with the standard al dente green beans but did include a small pot of mashed sweet potatoes with a marshmallow topping.

Friend got the prime rib and said it was very good. Other friend got the fried chicken - 4 pieces. Stated the mac and cheese had no cheese taste and it looked like the cheese had dissipated.

Spoke to the manager during the dinner and he apologized for the delay in seating and stated they have been receiving complaints about it. They expected most diners to sit for 80 minutes but they were seeing diners sit for upwards of 100 to 120 minutes instead which made for back ups. He offered us drinks to make up for the wait and did state they are taking a hard look at operations to see where improvements could be made. Asked if maybe they could do a push notification on the app about dining delays and he stated that IT was working on that as well.

The dessert plate was brought out the waiter identified the banana creme pie as a cheesecake. The cupcake was very good.

We were in an out within an hour. Its not on our list to go back to anytime soon.
Did the friend also not rave about the fried chicken? It was not crispy and poorly Coated when I had it. Clearly sat out too long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom