Crystal Bowersox from American Idol @ HS Today

jjharvpro

huh, that's strange I thought Lee was the only one there. It's probably not coincidence but it's strange that they didn't announce that like they did for Lee

JeffH

Big Mike was there too!!!

Big Mike made an appearance at the 2nd Idol show on Monday (Lee showed up at the 1st show)...

jjharvpro

Idol party. That's really cool! I think that the American Idol Experience has great hype and is a cool set-up with a realistic stage and all, but I thought that the overall show was just ok.

PurpleDragon

Gawd I can't wait for American Idol to die a slow painful death, I can't stand that show or any of the talentless kids they have on it. :mad:

I have to leave the room when my wife watches that show because it is literally painful to listen to, its like nails on a chalkboard for me. :brick::hurl:

jjharvpro

ok, ok. That's your opinion and I've sure met people with that opinion too:). And I do think that the show will go downhill in the next couple of years, if not the next, but I don't think that the show is that bad. There have been some great people come out as great artists from AI. I stopped watching the full season this year, but came in the last couple of weeks. It's not as good, yes it is cheesy, but it reaches out to millions.

PurpleDragon

ok, ok. That's your opinion and I've sure met people with that opinion too:). And I do think that the show will go downhill in the next couple of years, if not the next, but I don't think that the show is that bad. There have been some great people come out as great artists from AI. I stopped watching the full season this year, but came in the last couple of weeks. It's not as good, yes it is cheesy, but it reaches out to millions.

Actually if I'm not mistaken their ratings numbers dropped significantly this year in comparison to years past. I was rather excited to hear that, the sooner that show gets off the air the better. I'm a musician and have a pretty well trained ear, and I have to say that even the winners of that show are awful in most of their performances. :hurl:

sorcerergoofy

Gawd I can't wait for American Idol to die a slow painful death, I can't stand that show or any of the talentless kids they have on it. :mad:

I have to leave the room when my wife watches that show because it is literally painful to listen to, its like nails on a chalkboard for me. :brick::hurl:

I'll try to keep this from becoming another insane argument over the show...but.....:lol:.....

I have to disagree with you 100%. Yes, the ratings have slightly dropped, but it is still one of the number one shows on TV. Also, the singers that they have on that show are far from talentless. Kelly, Carrie, Fantasia....the list goes on.

Also, I don't understand why someone would WISH that a show that millions love would come to an end. If you don't like it, simply don't watch. Don't take the enjoyment out of it for those who do enjoy the show.

I guess we just agree to disagree lol. :wave:

jjharvpro

Now I agree with you in some instances-ratings HAVE dropped. SOME Idols' performances have been bad. And I'm a musician too. The show probably should go in the coming years, but many people still watch. Some Idols did not deserve to win because they are not good. I have a pretty good musical ear and can hear a good singer from auto-tune, true vocal power, or terrible pitch. But SOME Idols have been legit vocalists

PurpleDragon

Now I agree with you in some instances-ratings HAVE dropped. SOME Idols' performances have been bad. And I'm a musician too. The show probably should go in the coming years, but many people still watch. Some Idols did not deserve to win because they are not good. I have a pretty good musical ear and can hear a good singer from auto-tune, true vocal power, or terrible pitch. But SOME Idols have been legit vocalists

I won't argue that there have been a couple of winners who were good in the past. I was a fan of Ruben Studdard, too bad they destroyed his career before it even started. But in recent years the winners have been horrible to the point where I have to cover my ears if my wife is watching it in the other room.

Also there are multiple reasons I want the show to die. Mainly its because is no escaping it. Its plastered all over magazines, even my local news channels will often do a recap of the winners for the evening. I saw yesterday in the grocery store that there is even an AI magazine. :brick: But also the show is nothing but a circus side show for the record companies. They destroy these peoples careers by locking them into crappy contracts and make them sing a certain style to fit the music genre the record company needs on their roster not based on the singers talents. Its nothing but a joke and of the winners, only a few of them have actually had enough talent to survive beyond the initial terrible contract they get forced into.

majortom1981

Yesterday

Crystal was in the magic kingdom yesterday. I didnt say hi because there was no crowd around her and i didnt want one to form . She was with her son and one cast member

Frontierland CM

hate to break it to ya, but Ryan Seacrest signed a deal for 3 more years a couple months ago

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom