Crying in Disney parks

Mr Toad

Never gotten teary eyed at WDW...only place I've done that is at the National Archives in DC...saw the Declaration of Independence.

Chrononymous

Glad I'm not alone!

As soon as I hear "America, spread your golden wings..." I am a goner.

Also Wishes. Every. Single. Time. Sometimes even watching it again on video makes me tear up.

The one time I was at MK early enough to see the opening welcome show, with all the characters and the train...I was crying like a baby.

And I cry at parades too. Or at least I used to, when the parades were good...

Electrical Light Parade made me cry, while Spectromagic does not.
The last parade I cried at was during the Pirate/Princess party.

And once, I cried getting off the plane and being in the Orlando airport, and seeing the big Disney store. Yep. I am that pathetic....

Figment73

On Main street. Everytime i say no i'm not gonna have tears but it never fails. Standing on Main street looking at the Castle. Also looking at pictures from Disney World when my kids were younger:cry: and just how everything in their eyes was so lifelike and real. We have such GREAT family memories from all the vacations we have taken.

jennc2001

Illuminations doesn't do it to me, but wishes does and then the afternoon parade when the song says something about "in disney dreams come true" or something like that LOL....gets me every time! :)

jennc2001

I know I've written this before under another topic, but it's perfect here!

We went for the first time to WDW when my son was 7. It was me, my son, my dad, and a sister. We started off the week with dinner at Chef Mickey's with a birthday cake for my son. Then we hopped on the monorail to go to MK for the fireworks and parade. We got there in time for the fireworks, but we were toward the entrance of the park, in front of the train depot. My dad put my son on his shoulders so he could see. The crowd was massive. I looked up at my son during the fireworks show and he had tears in his eyes. I thought maybe the noise or the crowd had him scared. I asked him what was wrong and he replied, "I'm just so happy to finally be here!"

Every year since then, we start off with Chef Mickeys, then to MK for the fireworks and parade. I never fail to remember that one moment when the fireworks start and I tear up as well!!!

Ok....i don't know if it's bc i'm pregnant and extra emotional right now, but your story totally made me cry!!! LOL! that is one of the sweetest things i've heard!!!

Ancalimei

Are you crying? Are you crying?
There's no crying in Disney World.

:)

Win for a league of their own reference!

Anyway, I went to disney world for the first time ever last year.. I was 25. That's a long time to wait! My parents took my older brother and sister when I was younger but sadly I was left behind in the care of my grandmother.

My whole life I had dreamed of going, to the point where when I finally DID go, I was an emotional wreck the whole week, but kind of in a good way. The very first day we went to epcot, and I cried when I saw the epcot center itself, then we went on the monorail and over to the MK for dinner at Tony's, but I cried when I saw the castle! [we were sitting right up with the driver too o_o]

And then I remember bawling my eyes out at wishes. To this day I still cry when I see wishes, I cant sing to the music cause I get so choked up.

Illuminations gets me as well, and the goodbye video on the magical express? I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Maybe I'm just overemotional.

I hope I can find the money to go back again. I miss coronado springs! [Mmmm.. Quesadillas..]

jennc2001

Win for a league of their own reference!

Anyway, I went to disney world for the first time ever last year.. I was 25. That's a long time to wait! My parents took my older brother and sister when I was younger but sadly I was left behind in the care of my grandmother.

My whole life I had dreamed of going, to the point where when I finally DID go, I was an emotional wreck the whole week, but kind of in a good way. The very first day we went to epcot, and I cried when I saw the epcot center itself, then we went on the monorail and over to the MK for dinner at Tony's, but I cried when I saw the castle! [we were sitting right up with the driver too o_o]

And then I remember bawling my eyes out at wishes. To this day I still cry when I see wishes, I cant sing to the music cause I get so choked up.

Illuminations gets me as well, and the goodbye video on the magical express? I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Maybe I'm just overemotional.

I hope I can find the money to go back again. I miss coronado springs! [Mmmm.. Quesadillas..]

We make sure to keep our bills up and when tax money comes in, that's when we book our next trip! and we pay it all at once so it's out of the way, that way we can save up our spending money and don't have to worry about making sure to have the trip paid for 45 days in advance! just a little advice if you wanted to go again in the near future :)

nepalostparks

I notice ... people cry at the end. I have also seen it on some rides like it's a small world.

I've seen some people cry that they have to go ON small world :ROFLOL:

But like some other posters, although I've never fully cried, I do get choked up and teary eyes ALOT when I'm in Disney.

Driving under the sign coming on property, riding the monorail the first time of the trip from the TTC to MK, seeing the castle for the first time of the trip on Main Street, anytime I see Wishes or Illuminations, sometimes in HoP or Amer Adv.... sometimes on my last ride on Soarin for the trip, and usually on the last night of the trip knowing its over.

Ancalimei

You know.. I forgot to mention. last year's Dreams come true parade really got the waterworks going. I miss that parade.

Also, I cried when I finally got to see Fantasmic!. I missed three opportunities, one due to weather prior to that time.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Wishes - makes me cry
Cirque - makes me cry
Spectro - makes me cry
On the monorail, seeing the castle for the 1st time - makes me cry
Hearing the recording "If this concludes your visit to Walt Disney World..." on my last monorail trip - makes me cry

markw51

I got a little weepy one day at the weirdest place - at one of the bus stops at Downtown Disney.

I was alone, waiting for a bus, when "When You Wish Upon a Star" started playing.

I began to think about all the Disney visits we had as a family when our boys were very young.

MrsToad71

I cry at the parks all the time- just out of pure joy and love for Disney. Wishes really gets me and I usually get teary eyed in IASM.

Another thing that may sound silly is Thunder Mountain, but it's because that's one of the first rides I remember riding with my parents on my first trip to WDW and now that I'm grown and married, moments like that with them mean alot. :)

Dizzy Whirled

The older I get, the more I cry about ... EVERYthing

No one mentioned the Nemo show at DAK, did they? Tears streamed down my face from beginning to end. I'd heard good things, but was unprepared for how incredibly well done ... how unbeilevably sweet ...

I'd better think about something else or I'll short out my keyboard.

The Voices of Liberty slay me. Takes me several minutes to recover.

AND Cirque! Nice to see I'm not the only one!

Tinkrbell

I have cried occasionally at WDW.

The last time I saw Wishes, I was a mess. I knew before the fireworks even started I was going to be because it was the night before I was leaving after finishing my cp. I had to say good bye to one of my best friends right after they were over, so that didnt help.

It wasnt while I was watching Fantasmic, but one of the last times I was working there I started to get choked up, but not crying. Once the finale started & I heard the words "Dreams are make believe, but can they all come true?" of the song, I was trying so hard not to lose it. Luckily, I was in a spot where only a tech & one performer might have been able to see me, but it was dark & they were both doing they're job, I was pretty much done doing stuff till after the show was over.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
Oh yeah spectro and wishes and entering epcot with the music I totally forgot those ones. You never get to old for disney but you pay in other ways. I saw this huge dad towering over his kids crying like a baby. This guy was scarey. It made me look good. I designed a disney ride that will do that. I dont want to give away any ideas but maby you will see it in tomorowland or epcot someday. lets just say its an extenchion on to mission space and is just as good as horizons, or dreamfinder.

picarello0823

I tend to tear up at the shows with happy endings....Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid. BUT the real tears come when we arrive on property and leave. It is an overwhelming happy feeling.....I get all choked up and am so excited when arriving and do not want the feeling to end when leaving. Ther is just something about the Mickey ears telephone poles on the highway that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :cry:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Adding Finding Nemo: The Musical to the list. "In the Big Blue World" gets me EVERY time. I have the soundtrack at home and get choked up listening to it - i'm a sap!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom