Crying at Disney!

yoav_ko

JFK

I always cry 2 times on disney,

the first is when I reach MCO on my way to Alamo rentals.

the second is always in JFK when I fly home (I come from Israel)

I really hope WDW will stay forever

Gucci65

The first time I took my daughter to WDW, she was about 22 months old. She still had her pacifier. We keep asking her if she would give it to Mickey. When she finally saw Mickey she ran to him (which was a shock, she screamed when Barney got to close) and gave him her paci and said now don't drop it or Mommy will have to drive all the way back to wash it. That was it, I lost it. I believe it was a combo of her falling in love with Mickey AND getting rid of the pacifier!:lol:

SewIn2Disney

I cry a lot when I hear music from Disney's parade's, shows, etc. It's just so powerful and moving. (that's why sunglasses are a must...so no one knows.) It's more of tears of joy though.

I also get choked up when I read "pixie dust" stories in the Disney Magazine (like the part where readers write in and tell what magical things cast members did to make their vacation memorable)

sniff sniff:cry: I'm crying now b/c i'm not in disney right now (and my friend is) :cry:

crazygirley

I cried at WDW once, but not because of the magic. I cried because a rowdy Brazilian bumped into me and crushed my brand new Ray-Ban sunglasses that I had just bought for myself for my birthday. He bumped into me, laughed, and carried on in Portugese with his friends for like, 10 minutes. I left the line I was in and went to a bench and cried for about 5 minutes. He never did say he was sorry, he just laughed at me...him and his group and their stupid yellow flag...I'm still not over it, and it was three years ago. And it was my birthday, too.

GoCamels

This past July, first visit for my wife anmd our two sons. We turn the corner from under Main Street train station, and there's Cinderellas Castle.

I deliberately walked behind them to get a shot of them seeing it for Main Street for the first time. That got me becuase of the joy I know they were in at that moment.

But the personal "magic moment" for me was that night during ALL OF SPECTROMAGIC. I literally felt like my throat was going to squeeze shut, what a night!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy:

aj_macack

I've never actually cried at Disney.. but it made me think of a funny story. Last time we were there we saw this little girl crying because she wanted a toy or something, and my mom kinda laughed and told the mom that if she saw a 19yr old crying a little later because of the same reason... it was her daughter.(me) It's actually kinda true, mom knows how much i love the disney "magic".....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sora

I visited Walt Disney World for the first time on March 11 of this year. For 25 years I have dreamed of the moment when I would step onto Main Street and gaze down the street at the Most Photographed structure today, Cinderella's Castle. My Grandfather, who was my best friend for twelve years of my life until he passed away shortly before I turned thirteen, had always talked about someday taking me there. My Mom and Dad had gone shortly after the park opened, and she had told him all about it. My Grandfather was a big kid like myself, he loved Mickey and all of Uncle Walt's great creations, and he very badly wanted to see the park with his own eye's. But that never came to be.

As I stood in front of the castle, just as the park had opened, I looked to the sky and I shed a tear. Never in my life had I been so happy, but at the same time so sad. I was there, bringing a promise a young boy and his Grandfather had made with one another a reality, but the biggest part of that promise was missing. But I knew he was standing there, next to me, smiling at the amazing sites and sounds of that day, and that, my friends, is magic at it's best!

disney2b

Welcome Sora:wave:

I dont remember if i cried. But when i saw the Main Street Electircal for it's last time before it left. I grew up on that parade so it was sad to see it go.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Tears at WDW

No tears - but my eyes tend to "fill up" when Fantasmic gets towards the end and Mickey appears at the top of the mountain

RU42

Originally posted by Sora
I visited Walt Disney World for the first time on March 11 of this year. For 25 years I have dreamed of the moment when I would step onto Main Street and gaze down the street at the Most Photographed structure today, Cinderella's Castle. My Grandfather, who was my best friend for twelve years of my life until he passed away shortly before I turned thirteen, had always talked about someday taking me there. My Mom and Dad had gone shortly after the park opened, and she had told him all about it. My Grandfather was a big kid like myself, he loved Mickey and all of Uncle Walt's great creations, and he very badly wanted to see the park with his own eye's. But that never came to be.

As I stood in front of the castle, just as the park had opened, I looked to the sky and I shed a tear. Never in my life had I been so happy, but at the same time so sad. I was there, bringing a promise a young boy and his Grandfather had made with one another a reality, but the biggest part of that promise was missing. But I knew he was standing there, next to me, smiling at the amazing sites and sounds of that day, and that, my friends, is magic at it's best!

Welcome to the group!

All I can say about this is wow.

RU

feenie

Well, the last time we went It sure LOOKED like I was crying!!!
There were some swamp fires burning and the wind was blowing the smoke to the POFQ.... My eyes teared right up.... Then I got sun block in them... It was a mess....
But I do get choked up when I walk through the gates and onto main street and the MK!

Dwarful

Well, I lost it at the Flag Ceremony. My dad was a Korean War Vet, and he had passed away 3 months before our trip. When he died the men from the VFW handed me the flag from his casket at the graveside service, well, anyway, there we are watching this splendid ceremony and I start remembering that day ( I was 28) and can just about here the bagpipes and Taps being played. I just lost it, people were looking, my husband is trying to explain to our children that mom really is alright, I wouldn't excuse myself til it was over but I had to go to the restroom to regain my composure. I sure felt like an idiot though, I mean people were looking at me like I was some 5 armed alien or something, of course only my husband knew what I was thinking!

moonchild

OK, this is not even funny...Im crying just reading all of the crying stories!
Of course I tear up as soon as I see the Castle. I remember leaving on my 1st trip, got on the bus at All Star Music...we sat up front and I was crying because I didnt want to leave. The bus driver saw me and started to tell really-really bad jokes to cheer me up. I could'nt help but laugh at his jokes, and smile from his kindness.

DCL

I must admit, that I do get teary eyed everytime I walk into the Magic Kingdom, and get my first look at Cinderella's Castle from the end of Main Street! Every time... that's the power of Disney. That's how I know that I will never out grow Disney Magic!

belara

my teary eyed experiences at Disney

I have actually had a couple of teary moments at Disney. The two that I remember most took place last year. The first one was last June when my boyfriend (now fiance) and I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for my birthday. It was our first time at the Lodge and we had the best room and just the best time even though it rained almost the whole time we were there. I remember that we went to Downtown Disney for some dinner and shopping before leaving and when we got on the bus to get back to our car I started tearing up. The weekend had just been that perfect and special.

The other time I teared up was last Nov. This time we stayed at the Polynesian (something I had always dreamed of) and after we checked in we had dinner and took the 5 year old to Boardwalk and downtown. Well right after we got back and DS passed out, my boyfriend proposed. I still get misty eyed thinking back to that night.

And now we are planning to get married at Disney next March so I get all teary thinking about planning the wedding with him. Fortunately the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings people are really helpful so I know everything will be perfect.

Scooter

My wife and I get somewhat teary-eyed alot at WDW.

But our first and best real cry was during a parade at The Magic Kingdom.

My wife and I had stood on the curb for a long while to get a good view of the Main Street Electrical Parade. The closer it got to parade time the more crowded it got.

As the parade began I looked behind me and there was a British woman with her two small children trying to get a peek at the parade.

My wife and I asked the children if they would like to come up front for a better view.

As the little boy and little girl watched the parade, my eyes made contact with the Mothers eyes. The childrens Mother was crying...which in turn made my wife cry...which made ME cry.

I guess we were crying because we realized that only the Magic of Disney could bring strangers from two countries together to become friends, if only for a little while...but the happiness and memories of those childrens faces will last forever.

DisneyWonders07

I cry all the time thinking about Walt Disney World, I'm not afraid to admit it. The music from all the parades and shows is really what touches me, it's just so triumphant.

A lot of my friends say that Disney is for babies, but it's not. They tell me that going there is stupid, and I reply that they are just blinded from the magic of Disney.

Walt Disney World is the most cleanest and friendliest place on Earth.

Whenever you walk down Main Street U.S.A., or down the Boardwalk, or wherever, you don't see a speck of garbage. Everything is spick and span, everything gleams like brand new. Where ever you go, you have the friendliest Cast Members, and other park guests. There are sometimes the occasional "meanies", but every park gets those. Once someone has been to Disney, they just can't resist the temptation of going back again and again. Everything is picture-perfect, just like Disney should be.

An ordinary person sees brick and mortar, but the only thing I see is a picture perfect entryway to the magic we all call Disney.:)

Cheryl

Originally posted by minniemouseuk
On the subject of crying...

If I'm in a sort-of sensitive mood, I only have to hear the last part of my "Fantasmic" CD and I blubber like a baby! It just takes me back to the best 25 minutes I have ever spent.]

Funny that you should mention this. I usually well up right as the boat with all the characters starts coming out! I don't know if it's the music, the excitement or the astonished face of my 4 year old but it always happens!

I usually well up at the end of Illuminations as well. Maybe it's all that smoke, huh?:lol:

Really though, I think Disney does a fantastic job with their shows and the music really adds to excitement. I swear I can feel my heart pounding to the beat of the music by the end of each finale!:D :cool:

noname70

I get choked up by the commercials. Does this happen to anyone?
Not really when I'm actually there-it seems that I'm on such a mission to get my trip plan accomplished that it doesn't hit me. I do get this overwhelming feeling of accomlishment and satisfaction though towards the end of the day-I mean I spend months planning and I love that pay-off..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom