Crying at Disney!

disneyfan123

I have been to WDW six times now and every time I have cried!!! I cry every time at the open sequence to the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks! and at Fantasmic :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sheer overwhelming joy and happiness!

df123
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dreamer

I get choked up at times when I'm there because of so many memories of being there with my family and now both my parents have passed away.

It seems Disney will always be bittersweet for me from now on.

AddyL

This trip I lost it in the Animation Tour, believe it or not! :rolleyes: At the end, they have the "Disney classics" section, and they show clips from virtually every Disney movie ever made. They had Bambi's mother, Simba's father, and the Beast dying, right in a row. That was it for me!:cry: I had to put my sunglasses on in the theatre so my dad wouldn't see me crying! (I'm 19, have to keep up that 'tough girl' image! :animwink: )

Count me in as one of those who also tears up during Fantasmic! I don't know why; but even the music from the finale can bring a tear or two to my eyes.

meeko_33785

Not really crying, but I do usually get a lump in my throught during the film at the end of the animation tour, especially the scene with Bambi's mother, the one where Belle tells the Beast "I love you", and during the "Baby Mine" segment when Ariel's eyes start to fill with tears.

BigNorm

The only time I ever really cried is when I heard a bartender at the watering hole I was patronizing say there was something wrong w/ the kegs. :lol: Only kidding. I don't think I can ever remember crying, but I welled up real big when I finally saw Fantasmic this past year. I also get chills whenever I walk into the Magic Kingdom park. There's just something about seeing that castle @ the end of Main Street.

MinnieFan

I always get a bit emotional when we first get there. I can't help it, I'm just so darn HAPPY!

I used to cry when we had to leave, but since we bought DVC, we always have a vacationed planned. So now I just say, bye bye Minnie, I will see you in __ months! It is much easier.:sohappy: :sohappy:

RU42

Wel,, we had a thread about being surprised (or surprising others) in another thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21093

I can't say I cried, but did get over whelmed.

Several weeks before the trip, the anticiaption was huge. One major point was 10 years between trips. Also, everything was magical about going. We got a deal on a room ($99/night Polynesian.) The flight to FL (from CA) was first class. Surprised the wife with a Towncar (she thought it would be a bus.)

Just everything was perfect. Then the drive in. Each minute the intensity increases - then you finally see it. Trees part and boom, the purple glowing Geosphere. Talk about overwhelming!

The after check in, we go for a stroll - and there is the castle across the lagoon. Pure magic at it's best.

On a sentimental side, Hall of Presidents and American Adventure get to me.

RU

MicBat

Not really full out crying, but the little tear ball in your throat... I used to cry when we had to leave when I was little (10 <)

EthylCooper

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
We can all have a good cry together if we can all get together at the Meet this Dec.

Pam

I'm crying because I can't go! :cry: :lol:

Seriously, though.....Just like CymbalDiva, I've never made it through FitS without that misty feeling, and the spot meeko mentioned always gets me too (the animation finale). I've teared up a few times at the fantasmic finale, but not every time, and at the music that plays right after Illuminations ends. At work I sometimes play songs from a Disney CD and occasionally the MSEP parade music will get me. My coworkers always make fun of how I keep that giant smile through the whole song!

rokcandy

I've cried true Disney tears when leaving, but I'm currently focused on trying to hold them back - I'm 18 now! lol Though I'll never be able to keep my eyes dry when hearing any version of SpectroMagic music...it's just too special to me.

DarkImage4

Ok...if this goes long, I apologize...:(

I was never really "into" the Disney Magic for most of my life. I could appreciate Disney films as great works of art, but never really connect to them. I had been to WDW on 4 seperate occasions and never really "felt" any special feelings, 3 times with a drum corps for a day, and the 4th with the narching band I teach. But, on the last of those 4 trips, I began to want to "learn", so to speak. My wife (fiancee at the time) is a HUGE Disney fanatic, and would cry at the movies and in the parks, and I never really got it.

It was on that last trip that I decided that I needed to learn, I needed to understand, and that we would have to go to WDW for our honeymoon.

I told my wife this and she was shocked. I said that the only way I'd ever get it, would be if I went to the parks with her alone, not with a band or drum corps.

The date was set for 11 nights starting on July 4th 2002.

We spend the better part of our time from January until July planning for the trip, and I spent even more time, researching, learning, reading websites like this one, etc. I read about Walt, and everything that I could possibly find that was out there.

I began to feel such an amount of anticipation, something I had never had felt before.

I had prepared, and I was ready.....

As we neared the property, I felt myself getting younger. At the main gate that you pass through, I felt the first tear, and had a huge smile roll across my face. As my wife took picture of everthing, I just sat there with that grin on my face.

We checked in, and went through the whole "move in" process and we decided to exprolre our resorrt (The Contemporary).

We started looking through the gift store (BVG I think?), and that's when it happened...my eyes began to tear up. I don't know what did it, but I had to hug my wife and thank her. She hadn't seen my face, and was a little confused until she saw for herself, and she began to cry too. We both choked it back and finished our tour.

It was at that moment that I realized I was a convert, for good.

The rest of our trip was amazing....

So, in short, YES, I cry at WDW, I'm a 27-year-old male (look at my avatar) and I admit, I cry. Spectromagic, FitS, or just walking under the train station into the "MAGIC", I cry. And now, because I don't know when I'm going next, I cry.

"For those who know, no explaination is necessary....For those who don't no explaination is possible..."

I'm just grateful that I've moved into the "understanding" group.

Sorry about the ramble, but the story seemed appropriate.

jenjie

"As we neared the property, I felt myself getting younger."

Gotta love that!

I agree with you also, you are much better able to anticipate things when you do your homework. The fun starts before you ever get there. When we went before, we went with someone who loves Disney. He did all the planning and we basically attacked the parks, Commando style. I didn't get a whole lot of enjoyment out of it.

This time we went, we knew it was going to be for our two preschoolers. I researched on stuff that I knew they would like, found stuff that would make their time a little more special, and which would in turn make it more special for us too. DH in the meantime gave me a hard time for overplanning, etc. He then commented that he was going in with absolutely no expectations, so anything enjoyable would be a bonus. :brick: I wasn't happy with that, he was starting to drag me down with him. He did have alot of concerns, mostly flying out right before the war started, so I can understand him having reservations. So what happened?

We had such a good time. We had something special happen each day for our kids, CM's coming out from nowhere to do something nice for them. Special experiences brought on because of the kids and their reactions to WDW. Some extra special because of the planning I had done. When it was all said and done, dh thanked me for planning the way I had, for making it more special, etc. And he agreed that it was a magical time. :D

tigsmom

the first time I cried was when I saw a pic of my oldest (then 4) with Belle. I had been sick that day and unable to go to the park. I don't think her smile could have been any bigger!!

The next time was when my little one (then 3) got to meet her idol Minnie. Again a priceless picture. The best cry I had was when my husband's brother and his family (with 3 little kids) left WDW after their first trip. It had been a birthday suprise for the kids from us. Mom was sooo overwhelmed she burst out crying and I just joined right in. Everyone was laughing at us, but it really didn't matter. I just love to spread the magic!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom