Crushed penny scavenger hunt

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
Just out of curiosity, I know that when your at AKL you can go on a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt which they give you a hint sheet, but on our last trip we met up with some friends who were staying at BWV they had a list of where all of the crushed penny machines are in WDW. Has anybody else ever done this?

Figment82

You can get a full list at Guest Relations. Its a lot of fun, but the cost can start to get high depending on how into it you are (each one can cost 51 cents - 1 dollar). Sometimes they have special ones, like for the 25th ann each resort had a special quarter (which I collected, but sadly now can't find).

My recommendation is to pick a theme, like attractions or a few specific movies.

Have fun!

RayLaVeau

Me and my daughter did this lastime we were there in 2006, it is a lot of fun but yes a little costly, I made a budget with her, say around $25 (which is a lot for a 5 year old at the time) and This year I am doin the same, you can get a book to hold em in at The rainforest in DtD or AK entrance for about 6 bucks or less and you get a special RF coin with it I believe.
Lots of fun to find rare ones Like baloo and monorail ones, stuff like that.
Have fun!

PotteryGal

We tried this last November, or at least DH did. It could quickly become obsessive, sometimes you really have to hunt for the machines. We just collected pennies from all our extra change and soaked them in vinegar to shine them up. I think it's 50 cents to press a penny and a dollar to press a quarter, so make sure you have rolls of quarters too. DH lost interest after a little while, you could spend your whole day doing this! :lol:

My DD's and I did this on our last trip. I think we spent over $100!!! The most fun ones were the resort machines, because we visited many resorts we had never been to.
It truly would be impossible to find them all without the list, and even then some are a challange. (Disney World MUST be the largest concentration of these machines in the world.) The cast members were always helpful in finding those elusive machines.
I read a tip before that was extemely helpful for us. We used the empty M&M Minis tubes. They are the exact diameter of the quarters, so you can stack 2 quarters and a penny, two quarters and a penny etc, and have the money handy when you reach a machine.

Just another example of how Disney can take the ordinary and make it magic.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom