Cruise - before or after WDW?

worldfanatic

I'm doing a 6 nights at AKL followed by a 7 night cruise in september.
I think I screwed up.
All I can think about is the WDW part of it, maybe I should have saved it for after the cruise. Make it the finale of my vacation.
Or maybe it's a good thing. I won't have that depression I normally have when leaving Disney property? Knowing I have more vacation ahead.
Don't know. Does before or after matter make a difference?

Disneyfalcon

I'm doing a 6 nights at AKL followed by a 7 night cruise in september.
I think I screwed up.
All I can think about is the WDW part of it, maybe I should have saved it for after the cruise. Make it the finale of my vacation.
Or maybe it's a good thing. I won't have that depression I normally have when leaving Disney property? Knowing I have more vacation ahead.
Don't know. Does before or after matter make a difference?

A lot of people recommend doing it exactly the way you're doing it. A WDW is not restful for most people. Great fun, but not restful. On a 7 night cruise, there's time to relax and rest before you head back to work.

Although, I'm always so sad when I get off a cruise, I'd be thrilled to have the AKL to look forward too!

I'm not sure you'll escape the post Disney blues either way, so I think I'd go with the schedule you have planned.:)

Upvote 0

PrincessBitty

Last year we did 4 days @ WDW / cruise / 4 days @ WDW and it was really hard to get into the swing of the go-go-go mentality of the parks again after the relaxation of the cruise. I would definitely do the parks first and then the cruise.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

In January, I am doing my cruise 1st to relax then Disneyworld. My reason is because of cost, I am going to disney after January 10th (value season). If I went before, it would be during the holidays - NO. For me, Disney will be the finale with the fireworks!!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I am doing 6 days at WDW, 4 night cruise, and then 1 day WDW in August

I like the "sandwitch" plan

You should not arrive on the day your cruise departs, just asking for trouble if your flight is delayed.

I also don't like to go from ship to shuttle to plane to car to home. I like at least a day in there to break it up

So, if I am going to be spending at least a day before and after in Florida, why not spend them in WDW :)

-dave

Upvote 0

happymom52003

I actually feel the opposite of most. We are planning a 4 night cruise and a few days at WDW next spring, and we will be doing the cruise first. Like phonedave, I do not like the idea of going from the ship to the airport. For me, the shorter the travel day home is, the better. I have a horrible fear of flying that makes me physically sick just about the entire day, so travel days are very stressful and difficult for me! I'd much rather depart from our WDW hotel for the airport.

But that is not my only reason. I'm not really sure what the other reasons are...it just sounds more appealing to me and my husband to do the cruise first.

We just did a trip to Disney's Vero Beach Resort followed by a trip to WDW. Everyone...family, friends, and people on this message board told me I should do WDW first and then the beach. However, we really thought we'd like doing the opposite way better, and as it turns out we were very happy with our choice.

I'm not trying to make a case for doing it my way, just letting you know what worked best for my family. Just picture both ways in your head, and see which one seems more appeling to you. Honestly though, if you already have your reservations, you might want to just keep them. It is so close to your trip time, it might be a hassle to change all of your plans.

Have fun! Sounds like a great trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom