Crowds in October?

veryexcited

Original Poster
My fiance and I want to go for our honeymoon in October. What are the crows like then and what is the weather like? I went last January and the weather was nuts...one day we had on winter hats, gloves and layers upon layers of clothes, the next day we had on shorts and t shirts. LOL

Also, we were thinking of staying at the Vacation Villages @ Parkway. I called MEARS and the shuttle is very reaosnable to WDW and Universal, $13 and $15 respectively, round trip/person.

Any incite would be appreciated on these items.

Thanks,

Heather

Craig747

I have went in October the last twice.

Weather
I am used to Scottish weather (rain, cold & wind) so the height of the summer, for me, is pretty much too hot. October is perfect! It is still roasting but bareable.

Crowds
Not too bad. Sometimes the lines are shorter that the fastpass lines. Other times, you could still be waiting a lengthy time for a ride. All in all its not to bad. I am always having too much fun to notice the crowds :) .

beagle 1

I just went to WDW in mid to late October. To my surprise, the crowds were large but manageable. When I went this October, there was a lot of people from the United Kingdom/Scotland/Ireland area for some reason or another. Of course, the Magic Kingdom was the most crowded in the afternoon and MGM/AK being the least crowded throughout the day. In Epcot, there is the wonderful Food and Wine Festival to experience.

The weather, to my understanding, was unseasonly hot (mid 90 degrees) and very humid (July/August type humidity) when I was there. This was due to the storm coming up through the Gulf of Mexico. Normally, I think the weather is around 70 degrees during the day, which was a reason why I picked October.

As you know, if you utilize the Fast Pass and the extra magic hours for the parks, you should not have a problem.

In addition, in October you may have to deal with a hurricane and/or a tropical storm coming through. I left two days before a hurrican hit Florida (I can't remember the name...all I remember is that Cancun took the brunt of the hurricane).

Go Steelers!

veryexcited

Original Poster
We are going October 8-15 (hopefully). The hurricane thing freaks me out abit, but does Orlando/Kissimmee usually get hit hard or just rain?

Has anyone been to MNSSHP during this week in October?

Craig747

veryexcited said:
We are going October 8-15 (hopefully). The hurricane thing freaks me out abit, but does Orlando/Kissimmee usually get hit hard or just rain?

Has anyone been to MNSSHP during this week in October?

I went a few years ago. I really enjoyed it.

evanssc

My wife and I took our mothers down this past Oct for the Food and Wine Festival and the Halloween festivities. We got there the day before the hurricane and road it out at the WL without any problems. As you would guess, the crowds were minimal the first two days after the hurricane but picked up as the week went on. However, the crowds were still fairly small compared to other times of the year.

If you go in Oct just remember that it is still hurricane season, so be prepared to alter your plans as needed. Also I would highly recommend catching some of the events at the Food and Wine Festival as we all had a wonderful time.

evanssc

Sorry, I also meant to say that after the hurricane went through, we had some of the best weather that I have ever experienced at WDW. Warm during the day with clear skies and cool but not cold at night. The remainder of our time there was wonderful.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

coltow

I honeymooned there too. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and it was great.

We went this past October and it was perfect. The lines averaged about 20 minutes. Of course Soarin was the only major exception. Even Mission Space only had 15 minute wait.

Make sure you go to MNSSHP there are virtually no lines anything. We walked right on to almost everything even Peter Pan.

The weather, well that's tricky. We had a great week, 90 degrees, very humid, almost no rain. Hurricanes are always a possibility, but they change direction and speed so often that you just never know what to expect. They told us on Wednesday there was one coming on Saturday and would hit dead on. It didn't end up coming until Tuesday (I was home already) and it wasn't as bad as they had originally said.

David

We have our 5th October trip booked for this year. We really enjoy going then becuase the weather is USUALLY very nice, plenty warm enough for the water parks. Having said that, in 2004, when Florida was getting hit every other week by hurricanes, we had some time with heavy rains. but we just put on our ponchos and went ahead with our plans for the day. And even then, it never rained all day long, so if you have rain, don't let it bother you. There are plenty of inside shows and attractions, or go to Downtown Disney and visit Disney Quest, take in a movie, etc.

he-guy

I have been to WDW the past 4 Octobers, including for my honeymoon this past Oct. 17-22. In my opinion this is probaly the best time of year to go. The crowds are small compared to how much is going on. September, late January into February are slower, but there are no special events going on. This past year the weather was great with high's around 80, only rained for a bit the last day we were there, but we were done with the parks, and were just poking around DTD at that point. The hurricane that was supposed to come all week was really weak by the time it showed up the following week.

MNSSHP is a can't miss event, short lines, special Halloween parades and a new fireworks show this year, plus you can get some candy and a plenty of character photo ops if you are into that sort of thing.

The same goes for Food & Wine festival, this is something you can get into doing every year. Since it was our honeymoon this year, we used the money from the dollar dance at our reception on eating (and drinking :slurp: ) around the world.

Yanks07

Columbus weekend gets a bit busy, end of the month is great (weather) and crowds are decent. I`ve been the last 5 Oct. and love that time of year.

bayoutinkbelle

I was there late October to welcome Wilma. Crowds were bigger than I expected (this was my first October visit), but not too bad. Lines were longest for Soarin', but even that wasn't too bad. My friend used the wait time to recover from Mission: Space. :D

I was impressed with the huge number of foreign guests; it was cool to be immersed in that and meet new people.

Weather was hot and humid before Wilma. I was cold after Wilma came through, but that's just me. If the temperature is below 80, I'm cold.

We enjoyed ourselves so much that we've made plans to return this October.

I also spent my honeymoon in WDW in October 5 years ago. It was fantastic and we went back again in October of 2002. Try not to miss the Epcot Food and Wine Festival as it is really cool. In '02 it rained really hard while we were in World Showcase, so we took refuge in a Samuel Adams Beer School class that was about to start. I learned alot about beer and drank 5 cups of different beers. :D

Videoteck

You should go in feb maybe not this febuary but maybe next yr theres not many people around in febuary or aug supposingly its hot in aug but i went last yr in aug and it didnt seem much different from febuary crazy enough to say but anyways both months crowds r much smaller. and theres plenty of timeshares in celebration too, in which you could use someones getta way to sty there so it might cost u even less.

I'm 22 now, and my family has gone almost every October since I was seven. We always get 2 1/2 days off for teacher convention the week before Halloween, and we'd take that whole week and go. It's not busy - not dead by any means, but usually Thunder Mt. (for ex.) was only a 20 min wait, and everything else we just got FastPasses for. We have always noticed a lot of people from England there, and we finally asked and they have holiday at this time, so that's why they're all there.

I would recommend staying on-site, personally. I mean, if you're only going to Disney for one or two days, the cost is probably not worth it. But more than that, I think the Disney transportation system makes up for it. We stay at the All Stars, and no matter what anyone has said, we've always had a wonderful time. My parents don't even bother spending extra on the preferred room location - we just ask for the closest buildings to the bus station and we're off. Of course, if you're on our honeymoon, you might like a nicer, calmer, and more relaxing place. I've read and heard amazing things and Port Orleans, and the Caribbean Beach Resort has white sandy beaches, and Coronado Springs is supposed to be gorgeous - their prices aren't too bad either. Just think about - have a great time!

Chape19714

Crowds...In october??? :lol: :lol: you must be joking. Seriously, I've never had a problem with crowds in oct. Pretty much everything is a managable if not very short wait. Many things are actually walk-on's. Just keep in mind the rehab's during this month, there is always a few, as well as shorter park hours than in the summer months.

Firewolfe51

Hello there! October is a great time to visit. We have been two times during this time. We actually got engaged @ the Poly the first time, and stayed with the whole family @ POR the second. The weather was great. Shorts in the day and a light jacket and jeans at night. Try to do the MNSSHP. Great fun. We are planning on going this October 2006. Going to make it any early 1st Anniversary trip. Can't wait!!! BTW the crowds aren't too bad either.:wave:

veryexcited

Original Poster
We are for sure going to do the MNSSHP! We are going to do the Halloween Horror Nights at Universal as well. How and where do you buy tickets for MNSSHP? Also, is it after hours when the parks close? I'm not too sure on the whole concept. Do you need to buy a ticket besides your Disney Hopper day pass?

I was just at Disney January 2005 and it had been 15 years priors since I had been there. We're really looking forward to going again. We stayed at All Star Movies so we have no problem with the value resorts. I cant just decide if its worth using the week's free stay at the off-site property (Vacation Village @ Parkway) or site on site.

HELP! LOL

Chape19714

veryexcited said:
We are for sure going to do the MNSSHP! We are going to do the Halloween Horror Nights at Universal as well. How and where do you buy tickets for MNSSHP? Also, is it after hours when the parks close? I'm not too sure on the whole concept. Do you need to buy a ticket besides your Disney Hopper day pass?

I was just at Disney January 2005 and it had been 15 years priors since I had been there. We're really looking forward to going again. We stayed at All Star Movies so we have no problem with the value resorts. I cant just decide if its worth using the week's free stay at the off-site property (Vacation Village @ Parkway) or site on site.

HELP! LOL
MNSSHP requires seperate admission and is held after park hours. Tickets are available on the disney website www.disneyworld.com when they go on sale. You can, however get ur NSSHP tickets and go into the magic kingdom during the day. I beleve you get a wristband or something and you can stay in the park until the party offically starts, so you don't have to make the treck back to your hotel or wait an hour outside. I believe the park closes at 6:00 and the party starts at 7:00 and lasts till midnight.

I'd Stay on Disney Property. Espically with Magical Express and Complimentary Transportation around the resort. Also Extra Magic Hours are a very good advantage.

David

The tickets for MNSSHP usually go on sale in May. We always go to it--twice in 2004. First first set we bought in advance, the others we bought when we got there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom