Crowds in June

SAMANTHA

I have always visited the world in October or November. But my husband decided to take advantage of the buy 4 get 3 free deal. So we are now going June 20th - 27th. Does anyone know what the crowds are like during this time?

ToTBellHop

that close to the 4th of July? It'll be very busy--substantially busier than October/November (unless you are talking Thanksgiving week).

Upvote 0

SAV

We were down in mid June of 2008 and it was a moderately heavy crowd. The A- ticket rides had long waits, but it isn't completely jam packed. But the more into summer you go, the heavier the crowd will be.

I would follow the touring plans list which shows which parks are historically most crowded on a given day. It rang 100% true this trip. They called for light crowds at MK on the specific Saturday we went and it was. The next day called for a very heavy crowd at MK and it was. Same for Epcot.

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

The crowds will be building for the holiday weekend. We visited at this time last year and were able to see the holiday fireworks show. It is busy, but I did not think it was terrible - I've seen terrible :eek: - although there was a pretty healthy number of folks at the MK on the extra hours night. We were there until 2:00 a.m.

To be honest, we prefer to go a week or two earlier. We just could not do that last year. The closer you get to a holiday (let alone a holiday weekend), the busier it is. But we found it manageable.

Upvote 0

Rob562

The rule of thumb is that when kids are out of school (or times when parents can extend a long holiday weekend into a vacation), you want to avoid the parks.
By late June, pretty much all kids are out of school for the summer, so your crowds will be noticably higher than if you were to go in early June.

-Rob

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

We usually check in on the day you are checking out and stay till July 5th every year. Its hot usually rains around 1:30 just enough to cool it off then will stop, So that usually clears out a few ppl we always put on a puncho or just do a sit down lunch till it stops then carry on. Rides are a little longer but we use fast pass and EMH to our advantage.
ALSO very very IMPORTANT remember June 1st is the historical start day of Hurricane season so plan for that as well, Dennis ran us off in 2005.

Upvote 0

scrapperbelle

We have travelled for several years during the last week of May/first week of June. We are always back home by June 10th. I can honestly say that over that 2 week time period, the crowds build continually. Even in that time frame, we have had a few really crowded days at the parks.

But...we never found it unmanageable. If you have a plan, it's very doable. I would consider ADRs and a nap/pool break necessities that time of year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom