Crowds for the 13 - 19 December

jrmacias

Hello all!! I´m taking my parents up to WDW from the 13 to 19 of December
they chose this time of year beacause it is supposed not to be very crowded.

I know that the people that really know about all things Disney, visit this excelent site, and I was hoping to get your opinions and knowledge on this issue.

So here is the question: Will it be very crowded from the 13 to the 19 of December?

Thanks so much for your help!

Nicole0992

I am anxious about this too

We will be there 12/14 to 12/22 and am so curious to see how the crowds are. I am just going to anticipate larger crowds and plan accordingly.

Have fun! Where are you staying?
Nicole

Upvote 0

Christi22222

Traditionally, this is a very quiet time of year. However, there appear to be two reasons that attendance may be higher than usual: (1) travel to Disney is up in general, making all times of year busier than they have been the last many years, and (2) boards like this and travel books have really gotten the word out that early December is a beautiful, yet economical and quiet time of year to go to Disney with reasonably good weather.

For more scientific info, visit "The Unofficial Guide...'s" site, touringplans.com, for an extrememly helpful rating of crowd levels every single day of the year. They update it regularly with their most recent data. If I haven't got the address exactly right, just search "touring plans" or "The Unofficial Guide to WDW" and it should do the trick.

Either way, I guarantee you will have a magical vacation. And the crowds will most definitely not be as bad as the week between Christmas and New Year! Relax and enjoy!

Upvote 0

rjwalter

I have been there twice during this time of the year. It was pretty quiet both times I went. However, the first time was 5 years ago and the second time was 4 years ago. I would say it still should be pretty quiet relatively speaking. Definately a great time to go the holiday decor makes it very special.:xmas:

Upvote 0

drp4video

We always go the week between christmas and new years. This year we leave December 19, but only stay till the 27th. My DD started college this year, and want's to be home New Years with her friends. The sad thing is, she doesn't start her second semester till January 8, so I wanted to go around December 30 and stay till Jan 6....that first week in January would have been sweet.

Upvote 0

Debbie

While my previous early December trips experienced VERY light crowds; word has gotten out about this time. It is my understanding that most rooms are sold out. One way to find out:
Pam or Marie, what's the availability looking like for next week?
(If most resorts are sold out; you know what that tells you?)

Upvote 0

Christi22222

I'm sure Pam can help us out, but Marie is at Disney as we speak! She's getting a firsthand look at those crowds! :)

(I'd also like to stick in a shameless plug for Pam and Marie. They are really awesome. I'm a type A control freak trip planner, but got a much better deal by finally letting go and using Kingdom Konsultants! Also, they are invaluable sources of info for EVERYTHING WDW!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom