Crowded

first day of honeymoon Monday. MK was packed! 50 min or more waits for splash, space, big thunder and fantasyland rides. Tons of internationals. Anyone know if it will be like this all week and next week? Sept 20th 2007 was empty, nothing like what I saw today. Still great to be back!

Go Phills!

Austin1

first day of honeymoon Monday. MK was packed! 50 min or more waits for splash, space, big thunder and fantasyland rides. Tons of internationals. Anyone know if it will be like this all week and next week? Sept 20th 2007 was empty, nothing like what I saw today. Still great to be back!

Go Phills!

I don't know about future weeks, but I was there all last week and it was the same. Like you, I was very surprised to see such long lines and so many internationals. Saturday we actually ended up leaving DHS and going to epcot because the waits were up to 90 mins for RNR and over 100 for TSM.

Disney05

Was there 10/7-10/15, same thing, tons of people and lots of Europeans. They're getting better deals than we do here in the States. Not to mention the currency exchange rate.

It's also because the schools are all on holiday this week and the past two weeks in the UK.

We went from the 28th of Sept, till the 15th of Oct. Up until about the 11th, line waits for things like Splash and Thunder were about 5-10 mins. Then all of a sudden, from the 12th on wards it was like 30-40 mins wait on something.

philipneil

It's also because the schools are all on holiday this week and the past two weeks in the UK.

We went from the 28th of Sept, till the 15th of Oct. Up until about the 11th, line waits for things like Splash and Thunder were about 5-10 mins. Then all of a sudden, from the 12th on wards it was like 30-40 mins wait on something.

I experienced the same thing. From October 6th to the 10th, crowds steadily increased. I was wondering about the "Fall Breaks" more and more schoolboards are implementing.

vegasbnd

I noticed that last week also but on Saturday while at downtown Disney we did notice lots of white tents up and some sort of boat races going on. There were many flags from other countries on these tents.

PhilharMagician

Wow I hope the crowds die down, because I will be there starting tomorrow. According to Touring Plans, Monday is one of the busiest days for MK. I hope that is the reason for the heavy crowds.

ljs1691

This all started as more schools throughout the southeast have adopted a modified year round schedule. Lots of schools are out the week before Columbus Day and/or the week of. We were there in Oct 2004 and it was much busier than expected. Not unbearable, but busy. I know there are more counties around me that are switching to this next year too. I'd say you can count on this being a busier "value" time in the future as well.

As far as internationals, we were surrounded by them mid-Sept too. Gotta love how cheap it is for them to come right now.

I would expect the crowds to start to thin later in the week but since value season is unpredicable, who really knows.

rudyjr13

Original Poster
thanks all. I def. Noticed more accents then last year so maybe it is their school vacations. Many school age children as well. I will update later in the week thanks to my iPhone

wdwmomof3

My sister was there last week and she said that it was packed. She said that they had to stand up on the bus everyday because they were packed. They were there for Fall Break from an Alabama school.

I am having a hard time deciding when to go next year. As much as I would love to go in Oct, I am leaning toward Sept, due to the crowds. :confused:

PhilharMagician

The £-$ exchange rate has dropped tremendously over the last 4 or so weeks due to the economic crisis. It was around £1 = $2 which was great value, right now you're only getting around $1.6 for your £1

The same for the Canadians. They have dropped 20% against the US dollar in the past month.

As of 2:41 PM EST:

1.31 EUR to $1.00 USD

.78 CAD to $1.00 USD This was basically 1 for 1 about 5 weeks ago.

This will really hurt the travel industry in the US.

Jeff456

Go Phills!
Start of the UK half term on friday the 24th so thats probabaly why your hitting the crowds people may have taken their kids off school for a week or so, thats the time of year that my family normally go because of the half term, so I imagine its just many of them went to MK on their first day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom