Crowded with free dinning?

animay

Well, clearly everyone is going the last weekend in September. Good thing I booked our trip for the next to last weekend. Woohoo! The free food will all be mine! :sohappy:

Computer Magic

I have always considered the middle of Sept the best time to go. Now the added free dinning makes it that much better.

I remember last year it was hard to eat at the popular places if you didn't have Advance Reservations. You can get around this by eating at a less popular time or place.

Sept 20 - 26 here I come :sohappy:

GoofyMom2

We made our ADRs for the free dining at least a few weeks ago. We wanted all "later" seating and didn't have a problem. But, Coral Reef gave me a time of 7:40 (table for 2) and I asked if there was anything a little earlier (maybe around 7) and she told me all she had besides that was 5:00, which was too early. So, some are starting to fill up.....

So, if you want to eat at the more popular places (Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Sci Fi etc) better get yor ADRs as soon as you can for the free dining period. I remember a lot of upset people last year as their date approached.....they were calling for ADRs and couldn't get in where they wanted when they wanted. So don't wait till the last minute!

Here's our plan: Le Cellier, O'Hana (dinner), Whispering Canyon Carfe, Coral Reef.

WhooHoo! Can't wait!! :sohappy:

Vernonpush

When we ate at the Yachtsmay Steak House last Friday, we mentioned to our waitress how shocked we were to be able to get a reservation the Tuesday before. She said that alot of people make reservations for two or three places for each meal then decide which one to keep based on where they are going to be that day. If you don't get the reservation you want, keep checking back to see if someone cancels.

yazmin182

Hey,
Thanks for the answers AEfx. I'm kinda scared about this hurrican season, anything to be worried about?
And thanks for letting me know about how you can book the dining plan last day and it will still be included, that's pretty sweet!

I booked our adrs for 10 days in late Sep/early Oct and didn't have any problems except we couldn't get into Ohana Saturday Sept 30 for supper, at least any earlier than 8:55. I suppose it could be booked up for a convention or wedding reception, but we got the next night instead. It's looking like some good eating for me in 135 days!

Tink

CoffeeJedi

i'm trying to plan a large~ish trip for some friends around that time to take advantage of the free dining, but we only have a few more weeks to book it (the promo ends after June 4)
last year, i vaguely recall that the booking deadline was extended, or a second booking period was added, does anyone remember? and is there a possibility that they'll do that again this year? most of us are trying to save up money for the trip now, so there's no way we'd able to book at the moment

shopgirl

Something to keep in mind-- I was there last year mid sept-- it is still hot-- it rained almost everyday (not all day--but still it rained) and yes there are kids there-- a lot of little ones and their parents take them into every nice restaurant! We could not get reservations at Le Cellier but otherwise we were fine. Something else we noticed-- the menus were different during that time frame (free dining offer)-- just keep that in mind. Otherwise, it was nice-- we didn't have to wait for too many rides! So not too bad.

Richie248

shopgirl said:
Something else we noticed-- the menus were different during that time frame (free dining offer)-- just keep that in mind.

How were they different? Were many of the high ticket items taken off?

yazmin182

Hey Richie, I was also thinking about that. I did call Disney and I was talking to a pretty nice guy and he said they didn't change the menu. He said "it's exactly the same" and then after he said, they do change menus from time to time, but they might have added some stuff. He said they didn't change it cuz there's free dining. I hope that's true! I guess we'll find out

Figments Friend

CoffeeJedi said:
last year, i vaguely recall that the booking deadline was extended, or a second booking period was added, does anyone remember?

Yeah...i remember somewhat.....

I am pretty sure they DID offer a second chance offering on the Free Dining Plan. If i remember right, their was a early Summer offering ( late May/ early June was it?) and a couple of months later another offer was made for late August thru September. I know last years September offer well, as i also went down to enjoy that fantastic free bonus. It was GREAT to finally be able to eat at all the neat places at World Showcase i have always wanted to visit but never had the courage to try them. I was always concerned that i may not like the more exotic options and would then be pained to pay the high price for something i did'nt like on the menu once i tried it! Seems silly now....as everything i tried last year was WONDERFUL and i would have no problem paying for in the future.

I myself will be going down again this September. This is just too good of a deal to pass up...hurricane season of not! :slurp:

RedGear

I don't care if it's packed, I am excited to just be going back, and the free food was one of the major factors for us going back so soon! I don't think it's going to affect that many people to go, but it might because it changed our minds to go back! But at the end of sept I think you should be ok, because thats sorta weird time for people to vaction but thats just me. . .

who cares. . . FREE FOOD!!! :sohappy:

AEfx

yazmin182 said:
Hey,
Thanks for the answers AEfx. I'm kinda scared about this hurrican season, anything to be worried about?
And thanks for letting me know about how you can book the dining plan last day and it will still be included, that's pretty sweet!

NP. Glad I could help. Sorry, but no one knows what this hurricane season will bring - but I wouldn't worry about it. The chances of one happening while you are there are pretty slim just in terms of statistics, and don't forget that WDW is quite far in-land so even if there was one you really aren't going to be in physical danger. Worst case scenario you miss a day in the parks.

Again, however, don't stress about it because it likely isn't going to happen to you, and if it does - Disney knows how to take care of it. I went last year right after Katrina and people were so worried about it - but one needs to remember that much of the devestation in NO was caused by the flooding of the levees AFTER the hurricane, not the hurricane itself. WDW does not have that issue.

Have a great trip!

AEfx

Richie248

yazmin182 said:
Hey Richie, I was also thinking about that. I did call Disney and I was talking to a pretty nice guy and he said they didn't change the menu. He said "it's exactly the same" and then after he said, they do change menus from time to time, but they might have added some stuff. He said they didn't change it cuz there's free dining. I hope that's true! I guess we'll find out

Good to know!! We'll have to hope for the best!!! I'm hungry...

SewIn2Disney

Figments Friend said:
Yeah...i remember somewhat.....

I am pretty sure they DID offer a second chance offering on the Free Dining Plan. If i remember right, their was a early Summer offering ( late May/ early June was it?) and a couple of months later another offer was made for late August thru September. I know last years September offer well, as i also went down to enjoy that fantastic free bonus. It was GREAT to finally be able to eat at all the neat places at World Showcase i have always wanted to visit but never had the courage to try them. I was always concerned that i may not like the more exotic options and would then be pained to pay the high price for something i did'nt like on the menu once i tried it! Seems silly now....as everything i tried last year was WONDERFUL and i would have no problem paying for in the future.

I myself will be going down again this September. This is just too good of a deal to pass up...hurricane season of not! :slurp:
Now that I think about it, I wonder if that's partly why Disney does the Free Dining. They get people to come in and eat for free, then they get hooked, and then they want to come back and eat there again.
Once people see how wonderful the Free Dining is, they'll always book the Dining Plan option in the future.
It seems like a great marketing ploy if you ask me.

GoofyMom2

RedGear said:
I don't care if it's packed, I am excited to just be going back, and the free food was one of the major factors for us going back so soon! I don't think it's going to affect that many people to go, but it might because it changed our minds to go back! But at the end of sept I think you should be ok, because thats sorta weird time for people to vaction but thats just me. . .

who cares. . . FREE FOOD!!! :sohappy:

My DH and I are going in Sept for a little anniversary trip and the free DDP was a major factor that convinced him we could do it. Whoohoo!

Thanks, Disney!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom