Crowd levels 12/29 - 12/30

TigerBravo1977

Original Poster
Are the crowds for these days as bad as the New Year's Eve crowds? We are going 12/29 - 1/1 and I would like to have a shot at actually seeing some attractions instead of wading through the crowds.

hpyhnt 1000

Are the crowds for these days as bad as the New Year's Eve crowds? We are going 12/29 - 1/1 and I would like to have a shot at actually seeing some attractions instead of wading through the crowds.

I've found the crowds in the days leading up to NYE are not nearly as bad as NYE itself. You'll also be helped by the fact that the 29th and 30th are on a Tuesday and Wednesday, so I would expect it to be moderately busy, but it shouldn't be to the point where you'll constantly be wading through an endless mass of people. :wave:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Yes they're busy - but not half as busy as NYE. Experienced the crowds myself last year and it seems they managed to fit another 50% more people in on NYE compared to the previous days.

Get to your chosen park at rope drop and hit your chosen rides early

raven

Don't let NYE crowds fool you. The week between Christmas and NYE are the busiest all year long. It's not unusual for the parks to stop letting in guests mid morning due to capacity issues. It will be very crowded those days nonetheless.

timeman

I went last year between Christmas & New Year's and the crowd levels were no worse than what I was used to for the first week of August.

New Year's Eve is different and that day the parks are insane and you better get your fastpasses early or you can expect really long wait times for the major rides and I'm not talking 1 to 2 hours I'm talking almost 5 hours wait time.

dani_california

I agree with Raven. I go every year and even although it's not as busy as NYE it has still way surpassed the point of 'okay busy'. I just try to get to the parks as early as possible if I intend to go on something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom