Crowd expectation for late August?

zachrupertdsn

Me and my girlfriend are returning to Walt Disney World for the second year in a row, last year was my girlfriend's first trip to WDW, and we went the week of the fourth of July, and it was pretty crowded. We are going from August 15-22, so what kinds of crowds should we expect?

Side note question as well
August 15th is my birthday, and I registered my birthday, but we already have our tickets, does anyone have any knowledge about the gift card or the special fastpasses you can get instead?

Thanks kindly for the help!

vilegirl

It will definitely be less crowded than the 4th of July!:lol: We go in mid/late August almost every year and overall, it's not that crowded. We love it.

I'm an AP holder and when I went to celebrate my birthday I took the gift card option. If memory serves, it was around $75. :)

Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

When I think of 'late August' I generally think in terms of August 20th and after.
People start heading back to school so the crowds diminish compare to the previous summer weeks.

If I had to predict I would say that you should see less people on each succeeding day of your trip as it gets later in August, with allowance for weekends.

Good luck
:)

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

I'd recommend the gift card as well as the Fatspasses are only for specific rides and that way you get to buy yourslef a nice birthday treat!

I'm going from Aug 18-25th and also expect the crowds to thin out toward the end of the trip. I always forget how early some schools start, but you'll find that many schools start around the 20th of August...that's about 3 weeks earlier than where I live.

Don't worry too much about the crowds, I like to have 3-5 must see things in each park, I may not get to see them all on one day but I'll get to see them and that way I feel pretty content rather than trying to do everything!

You'll have a great trip and an amazing birthday. :wave:

Upvote 0
Touringplans says that most of the days you will be there will be a 5 or 6 then a 7 on the weekends. That's compared to 9 and 10's over the 4th of July. Sounds like it will be perfect! We have gone the very start of September and we couldn't ask for better weather or crowds! Have fun!

Upvote 0

yeti

As off-topic as this may be, is anyone going to be there for the Wedway reopening? I'm proud to say that by a complete fluke I actually will be. :D

Upvote 0

countrygrl4

Me and my girlfriend are returning to Walt Disney World for the second year in a row, last year was my girlfriend's first trip to WDW, and we went the week of the fourth of July, and it was pretty crowded. We are going from August 15-22, so what kinds of crowds should we expect?

I am so glad you asked this! I am going that same week the 13-20 of August and was worry that there would be A HUGE amount of people of like how it would be in July when no kids are in school and people are taking more vacations. But it seems to me that the crowds will be a little bit less or did I get the wrong impression?

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

As off-topic as this may be, is anyone going to be there for the Wedway reopening? I'm proud to say that by a complete fluke I actually will be. :D

I, as well will be there when it opens (Aug. 24th, right!?!). It's actually the day I arrive!

(I'm assuming you're talking about the TTA!?!)

Upvote 0

yeti

I, as well will be there when it opens (Aug. 24th, right!?!). It's actually the day I arrive!

Sorry, family traditions getting in. Yes, I am referring to the TTA. :)

I'm curious to see what happens when we ride through Space Mountain.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

Hey I'll be there too! I had no idea it was opening then. I just figured I'd miss it. I plan on being at MK that day anyway since it's our last full day there.

and I'm from NS...oh no...a Newf and a Bluenoser loose on the TTA. You bring the screech and I'll bring the Keith's....SOCIABLE!!! :wave::sohappy::D

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Hey I'll be there too! I had no idea it was opening then. I just figured I'd miss it. I plan on being at MK that day anyway since it's our last full day there.

and I'm from NS...oh no...a Newf and a Bluenoser loose on the TTA. You bring the screech and I'll bring the Keith's....SOCIABLE!!! :wave::sohappy::D

You know we're always up for a good time!!!:animwink: :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom