Cross Stitch

AliciaLuvzDizne

Original Poster
OK i have taken up cross stitching (again) but
its been a really long time and im a little confused
maybe someone else on here cross stitches?
what does it mean when a box is half one symbol half another?

i dunno
thanks

Coree

Yep, that's exactly it--half stitch of each color. It usually means there's a backstitch line that will go over that square eventually to divide two different elements. So, the square needs to have the colors for each of those two elements.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Original Poster
thank you so much
i think i messed it up because i made an entire cross of one color but we'll see when i get back to that part with the other color
lol
owell
thanks again!!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
thank you so much
i think i messed it up because i made an entire cross of one color but we'll see when i get back to that part with the other color
lol
owell
thanks again!!
it's not a true cross-stitch masterpiece unless you mess it up at least once in the design!!

SpongeScott

and the "beauty" in that is that you are the only one who knows where the goof-up is and you can see it while no one else even knows it's there! I've stitched for a store before and had stuff sold that was messed up--but I'm only talking like one stitch.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Reviving a two year old thread! Yeah!!
Anyway, I am looking for two things, and where else to get ideas where to look for them than the ol' wdwmagic? I have a Disney freak friend that is getting married soon, and I would like to cross stitch something for the wedding present, so I'm looking for an appropriate pattern. Donald and Daisy would be perfect, but Mickey and Minnie would work too. The other thing is anything Nightmare Before Christmas cross stitch. Anything!! Does anyone have any ideas where to get patterns? I've checked my local craft stores, no luck. And of course there are a few patterns available at WDW, but those don't really fit what I'm looking for. Any information would be appreciated!!

Coree

There's a pattern you can get at the parks called Puppy Love. It's a Norman Rockwell style with Mickey and Minnie sitting on a log looking at the moon and Pluto laying on the ground behind them. It's really cute. I'll see if I can find a link to it anywhere. If not, I have it at home so I can take a picture and maybe pull the number off it. I'm sure you can get it through the WDW merchandise order line. It isn't exactly wedding, but it's the closest one I can think of.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Original Poster
lol i saw this thread and then i saw that i started it and i was like hmm?? lol

walmart has disney designs im pretty sure... other than that, try google-ing disney cross stitch. and maybe if you have a michaels craft store try there. ive been wanting to get into it again because its so relaxing and believe me i need some relaxing.
i've been google-ing it for you but i think im searching too specifically
good luck :)

Stitch79

Thats a nice pattern, but all of those Stoney Creek kits are pretty big. I have the Cinderella Castle one and had to put it down for awhile to stitch on something different. :)

Its nice to know that there are other people here who enjoy cross stitching as well. :wave:

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Thanks for all the input. I've tried googleing it too and haven't had much luck. I've gotten a few from Michael's and Wal-Mart, but none really fit the profile of what I'm looking for. I've seen Puppy Love too, but I was really hoping for something with Donald and Daisy instead (that's their favorite characters). Thanks again!

Coree

Stitch79 said:
Thats a nice pattern, but all of those Stoney Creek kits are pretty big. I have the Cinderella Castle one and had to put it down for awhile to stitch on something different. :)

I'm with you here. I've done the Mickey's Self portrait one and just finished the Barbershop Quartet. I'm taking a bit of a break before starting on the next one (I have all them except the most recent one). They do take tons of time, but they're worth it in the end.

AMH97 said:
Thanks for all the input. I've tried googleing it too and haven't had much luck. I've gotten a few from Michael's and Wal-Mart, but none really fit the profile of what I'm looking for. I've seen Puppy Love too, but I was really hoping for something with Donald and Daisy instead (that's their favorite characters). Thanks again!

I'll take a look when I get home tonight. I THINK I may have a Donald and Daisy pattern with the two of them in a row boat. Have you seen that one? It's cute, but Donald and Daisy aren't my favorite characters and I'm not likely to ever do that one. If I have it and you want it you can have it.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I recently ordered that one and I think it is the one that I am going to use, just adding their names and the date to the bottom to make it more like a wedding gift. Thanks for the offer though!

tigger248

I'm not sure what kind of computer software you have, but they also make a computer program that lets you scan any picture into your pc to create a cross stitch pattern. I don't have one, but I plan to get one semi soon. My best friend's also getting married next summer, and they want an Ariel and Eric theme, so I want to scan a picture and make them a cross stitch for their wedding present. Just another suggestion on a way to create a pattern for your friends, plus think how unique it'd be!

Tigggrl

Hi Y'all!
So glad to see there are other Cross Stitchers on the boards! I have been stitching since I was 8, And I have quite a few Disney pattens, along with all kinds of stuff.In the last 6 months I have been doing T-shirts, and a few smaller designs. I will try to put them in photo albums... :cool:

mrsatta

Hi There, I also like cross stitching. I did a search and found this web site
www.leisurearts.com. I entered the word Disney and a gave me a list of Disney patterns including cross stitch and crochet. I am sure you can enter character names and hopefully find what you are looking for. It will even tell what store you can find it at. I hope this helps. Oh by the way they had a cute mickey,minnie crochet blanket that you go back and cross stitch mickey or minnie on the blanket it was very cute. Good luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom