Crocs

Nicole220

darn I was gonna go buy the thong time flip flops today for our trip next month, heck no after hearing that! Blisters will ruin an entire day!
How about the sandal style ones? The ones without the thong inside the toe...the ones with just the one or two sandal straps on top, anyone have these and walk WDW no prob? I am in dire need of a good supportive shoe for park visits... and as I said, my flip flops... didnt give me any blisters, but make my feet and legs sore because of lack of arch support most likely...
You could buy a pair of Rainbow sandals. They are very popular here and are very comfortable! They also last a long time. I've had mine for 3 years, and they still look and feel great! They have single or double arches that give great support. http://www.rainbowsandals.com/Leathers.asp

Clotho

If you really want to wear the flops, then just put a band-aid between your toes when you start the day, and pack a stack of spares in your pocket/bag. I tend to get blisters from long days in flops, so that is what I do. I keep bandaids with me everywhere in the park no matter what I am wearing, though. Even the most broken-in shoes can create blisters when your feet swell and get sweatier than you may be used to, from the Florida heat and humidity. So having some band-aids to come to the rescue is a smart move in any case.

Kadee

If you really want to wear the flops, then just put a band-aid between your toes when you start the day, and pack a stack of spares in your pocket/bag. I tend to get blisters from long days in flops, so that is what I do. I keep bandaids with me everywhere in the park no matter what I am wearing, though. Even the most broken-in shoes can create blisters when your feet swell and get sweatier than you may be used to, from the Florida heat and humidity. So having some band-aids to come to the rescue is a smart move in any case.

I did that, but AFTER I had gotten the blisters..... guess it would have worked better before, huh? LOL This IS a great idea and I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten blisters if I had thought to do this before. Those spongy band-aids....I think they are the Nexcare brand (NOT "Bandaid" brand) work the best, and they stay on better than any I have ever tried.

Another idea: You can also put the bandaid around the part on the flip flop. That helps a lot, too.

Clotho

Another idea: You can also put the bandaid around the part on the flip flop. That helps a lot, too.

It can help some, but friction is friction, whether it is the strap or a band-aid covered strap. It will take it's toll at the end of the day. But putting it on the skin make a barrier to the friction, and works better. But can rub away as the day goes on, so back-ups are important!!

And besides...when it moves around, someone might SEE my UNSIGHTLY bandaid on the OH SO FASHIONABLE CROC, and I would be MORTIFIED.:eek:
*teehee*:p

And I totally agree about the brand. The "cloth" type band-aids work way better than the plastic-y original Band-Aids.

Kadee

It can help some, but friction is friction, whether it is the strap or a band-aid covered strap. It will take it's toll at the end of the day. But putting it on the skin make a barrier to the friction, and works better. But can rub away as the day goes on, so back-ups are important!!

And besides...when it moves around, someone might SEE my UNSIGHTLY bandaid on the OH SO FASHIONABLE CROC, and I would be MORTIFIED.:eek:
*teehee*:p

And I totally agree about the brand. The "cloth" type band-aids work way better than the plastic-y original Band-Aids.

I think my problem with the croc flops was the plastic seam-like line that ran down the part between your toes. That was what was irritating me and causing the blister. Having something smooth there helped quite a bit. For my next trip, I am taking regular crocs....NOTHING between the toes.

ErickainPA

Best bandages for blisters are special blister band-aids. They are great. You put them on and don't take it off for like 3 days or so (it will start to peel off on it's own. Your blister will be gone. We discovered these after walking in Chicago all day long back in 2005. We walked to the store and got a box of these (we were looking for just fabric band-aids) and they are what we use for blisters all the time now.

PyxiiDustt

If you want to wear flip flops in Disney, you should try Teva's. They're comfortable and they're fashionable, and I've never gotten Blisters with them, and I've got really sensitive skin. They're cheaper than croc flip flops anyway, and totally comfortable. Just my two cents =]

frazierle

Only shoe for me.... :)

My family and I wear Crocs always......my kids love em wet or dry. I wear em everyday and now have them in all colors and designs. I even have my L.S.U. Crocs for game day. We are all waiting for our Disney :p crocs to wear in :sohappy: 73 more days.:sohappy:
Crocs Rock:ROFLOL:

BRER STITCH

I'm truly surprised to see so many fans of the Crocs! :confused:

I think CROCS are seriously ugly and was sure they were a joke. I REALLY can't believe I'm reading about folks wearing them with socks! :eek:

I'm all for everyone doing their own thing and being comfortable, whether I understand it or not, but CROCS should come with a warning:

Attention Trendy People: Immediately make room in your closets next your old
Moon Boots, Clogs, Platforms, Earth Shoes, and Disco Heels
to put your crocks in a year or so. Thank You.​

P.S. Count me among the ones pointing and laughing...but rest assured I would never do it in front of you! :lol:

frazierle

Wow we are talking about shoes right:confused:
Trendy people come and go.......:rolleyes:
Sounds like somebody secretly :cool: wants a pair of Crocs

LoL....I won't point and stare:wave:

Just got my Black Mickey Crocs today:lol:

HMfreak

I was lured by the Mickey crocs. Although I swore that I would never wear and/or purchase them, I just couldn't resist the ones with Mickey instead of the round holes. They are now my official park shoes. I don't think I will be wearing them anywhere else, though...

The first time I wore them, they did give me blisters. I do find them to be more comfortable with socks, but can wear them either way. The are the perfect shoes for the park- good for water rides and really take a way the fatigue that I sometimes feel at the end of the day.

Clotho

I am mostly surprised that so many people are so "disgusted" by the style that they won't consider them at all for the practicality of it.

I remember thinking Birkenstocks were the scourge of Seattle--and I was in college, living near the main store at the time! EVERYONE was wearing them, and I thought they were so ugly!! I tried some on, and realized how comfy they were, and that people wearing them were not about to deny themselves something comfy just because it wasn't "de rigeur" in the style department. I finally got myself some and wore them all the time. Still swore they were as ugly as sin (still do), but I loved wearing them.

My thoughts on Crocs are the same. If I find they are as comfy as everyone seems to say, fashion be darned!

And besides, some of the styles look really cute. The Nile look nice, and there is a whole line of kinda fashion-forward ones that I am interested in looking into for the future. I think of all the times I like to dress up a little at the parks, but how sore my feet can feel after just a little walking in any kind of cute shoes to match my outfit. If they end up making some of the nicer styles in black or colors I would wear (right now they are NOT colors I wear AT ALL), then I would consider them!

MomofKatie

darn I was gonna go buy the thong time flip flops today for our trip next month, heck no after hearing that! Blisters will ruin an entire day!
How about the sandal style ones? The ones without the thong inside the toe...the ones with just the one or two sandal straps on top, anyone have these and walk WDW no prob? I am in dire need of a good supportive shoe for park visits... and as I said, my flip flops... didnt give me any blisters, but make my feet and legs sore because of lack of arch support most likely...
I got a pair of Cleo style Crocs at ________'s Sporting Goods a few weeks ago- they are really comfy. I haven't worn them at WDW yet, but plan to bring them when we go in October.

MAF

I'm truly surprised to see so many fans of the Crocs! :confused:

I think CROCS are seriously ugly and was sure they were a joke. I REALLY can't believe I'm reading about folks wearing them with socks! :eek:

I'm all for everyone doing their own thing and being comfortable, whether I understand it or not, but CROCS should come with a warning:

Attention Trendy People: Immediately make room in your closets next your old
Moon Boots, Clogs, Platforms, Earth Shoes, and Disco Heels
to put your crocks in a year or so. Thank You.

P.S. Count me among the ones pointing and laughing...but rest assured I would never do it in front of you! :lol:
Wow you have expressed every feeling that I was too afraid to say! Bravo! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom