Crocs

DisneyMarg

I keep seeing them everywhere at work... all my nurse friends love em. even had one girl ask for my size as she wanted to buy me some. I've been wanting some for such a long long time but I have a family curse! I am a 5'9'' girl who has a size 12 foot!!! I guess it could be worse I have an aunt with a size 14 womens. I just wish crocs would make them that big for me so I don't have to wear the bulky mens styles.

:cry:

Most of the styles are unisex. You can order XL Women's (size 12-13) on the Crocs website (crocs.com) . I have the opposite problem - same size foot as the next woman - so I have a hard time finding size 8's. I now just order what I need from the website.

Peaches Magee

ok so I have kinda made fun of these in the past, but now that I plan on doind Disney very often I need a very comfy pair of shoes. I dont like wearing sneakers cause my feet get hot and uncomfortable, when I went 2 weeks ago I just wore my basic flip flips from old navy but that night and the next couple days my legs were killing me!
So I looked on crocs.com and just wondering, have any of you gotten the flip flop or sandal style ones they have in their spring collection? They look really cute. Thinking of getting some...hmmm

Alztybrn

Just a word of caution. were extremely slippery when wet. .

This is very true. It is only on the painted concrete surfaces when they are wet. You have to walk very carefully or you will be on your hind end :ROFLOL:

Last year I bought a pair of the flip flops. My first ever pair. I can not wear normal flip flops at all. They just make my feet hurt. I figured I would get the Crocs, give them a try in the parks. I brought my sneakers with me, becasue I knew I would be changing by noon on the first day, but never changed over 7 days! All day and night, and my feet never hurt. They were awesome!

Cole'sMom

I don't find them to be slippery at all when walking on wet surfaces. I work in a field where I walk through mopped areas quite often during the day and I also wore them at WDW and walked through wet spots. I thought they were designed to be used on wet surfaces-that's one of their selling points that they are non-slip.

Alztybrn

It is only certain surfaces that are slippery. The majority of WDW is fine...it is just areas of very smooth, painted concrete. I promise you, when it is wet, you might as well have ice skates. They are THAT slippery. Again...that is with the flip flops...I am not familiar with the other versions of Crocs.

cmally1

I have never worn crocs before but after visiting the website am very interested in the capri style (flip flop) ones. I am not a clog kind of girl and I was wondering if the flip flop ones are as comfy as the original. Last year I had a severe break in my foot and my upcoming trip to WDW will be my first big walking experience since. Do you think they would be a good way to go?

JikoMarie

I'm one of those people who thinks that Crocs should only be worn in the garden or paddling a canoe and sort of cringe when I see people walk by with them on in movie theatres or shopping malls. That being said, I think I might have to give in and buy myself and my fiance a pair for our trip to WDW. We are really concerned about doing so much walking and the shape of our feet. I feel like such a hypocrite. Of course, we are going to buy Holey Soles instead. 1. Because that way I don't have to admit to owning ultra trendy Crocs, 2. Because I do believe they are the pre-decessors of Crocs; and 3. They are a Canadian company.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A bit of sage advice...

Crocs and mechanical people movement devices don't mix well. This includes escalators, moving sidewalks, and the load/unload belts of many attractions at WDW.

Their structure has a tendancy to get stuck and eaten up by the end of the walkway/stair/etc as it returns to the system. You can find many horror stories all over the net.

Most people don't wear their Crocs to the mall or anything so they never really have encountered using them with such devices. WDW has tons of such devices. Just be careful, and be sure to step off such devices rather then letting your feet glide...

I have 2 pairs of crocs never ever had a problem with them. I have one set for going out and one for the boat. Have never ever slipped in them. He is a little history about them. Make sure you get the real ones and not the walmart knock off im sure they will be slippery.

It all started when three Boulder, Colorado based founders decided to develop and market an innovative type of footware called Crocs™ shoes

Originally intended as a boating/outdoor shoe because of its slip-resistant, non-marking sole. By 2003 Crocs had become a bona-fide phenomenon, universally accepted as an all purpose shoe for comfort and fashion.

JikoMarie

Just a bit of trivia - Not that it really matters I guess but these shoes were actually first developed by Foam Creations, Inc. and not Crocs, according to Wikipedia.

Also, TurnipHead, I sort of decided against flip flops just because I'm afraid of blisters. I love flip flops though, but just not for this trip.

DisneyChik17

DO NOT GET CROC FLOPS FOR WDW!

I had some that I wore very regularly and they were quite broken in. I wore them one day in WDW and I had blisters in between my toes. Not little "just work through them" type blisters, but big, puffy ones. I would not wear croc flops in the parks.

If you want the free feeling of flip flops wear Reefs. They are very comfortable and don't rub blisters.

SewIn2Disney

I sock my crocs and you should be fine doing the same in WDW. I bought my first pair in Jan (the black Mickey ones) while in WDW, and now a day hasn't gone by since when I haven't worn a pair of crocs. I went to crocs.com, and have them in two other styles now too. I swear, these shoes are a godsend. Anyone who makes fun of them is just stupid for not trying them.

I wear them 8+ hours on my feet at work every day and dont have any foot problems any more. In the winter, like the sub zero temps lately, I wear two pairs of socks and I'm set. I'm a true croc owner and wore them in 4 inches of snow the other day!

ErickainPA

I just ordered a pair of Cayman's in cotton candy. Was looking at the Disney ones, but I am a kid at heart and want to get an Eeyore and Mater jibbitz for my crocs. I got them for $16.99 from D__k's sporting goods. (29.99 - 10% = 26.99, Google check-out -$10)

I know th Disney ones can't hold the jibbitz (according to one of the sites I looked at)

I would never be able to wear thong flip-flops in the parks, my feet would be killing me within a few feet of being on Main Street. I will take my crocs and my sneakers just in case I can't stand wearing them all the time. Hubby even wants a pair of crocs for our April trip. He wants a Donald and Mater jibbitz too. :)

Kadee

I LOVE my crocs and croc flops.......I wear them all the time. HOWEVER!!! Just as DisneyChik17 said, the croc flops rubbed blisters between my toes! I had worn them many times before, but that didn't matter. Of course, it could be because I have very thin feet and they moved around much more than they would on regular width feet. Whatever the reason, I would not wear croc flops, if I were you. Regular crocs are fine.....more than fine..... better than tennis shoes.

Peaches Magee

DO NOT GET CROC FLOPS FOR WDW!

I had some that I wore very regularly and they were quite broken in. I wore them one day in WDW and I had blisters in between my toes. Not little "just work through them" type blisters, but big, puffy ones. I would not wear croc flops in the parks.

If you want the free feeling of flip flops wear Reefs. They are very comfortable and don't rub blisters.

darn I was gonna go buy the thong time flip flops today for our trip next month, heck no after hearing that! Blisters will ruin an entire day!
How about the sandal style ones? The ones without the thong inside the toe...the ones with just the one or two sandal straps on top, anyone have these and walk WDW no prob? I am in dire need of a good supportive shoe for park visits... and as I said, my flip flops... didnt give me any blisters, but make my feet and legs sore because of lack of arch support most likely...

DisneyChik17

darn I was gonna go buy the thong time flip flops today for our trip next month, heck no after hearing that! Blisters will ruin an entire day!
How about the sandal style ones? The ones without the thong inside the toe...the ones with just the one or two sandal straps on top, anyone have these and walk WDW no prob? I am in dire need of a good supportive shoe for park visits... and as I said, my flip flops... didnt give me any blisters, but make my feet and legs sore because of lack of arch support most likely...

I have never worn the slides so I don't know about those. I would try Reefs. They are just as cushy as Crocs and don't rub blisters.

joelleharbert

Socks w/ Crocs? *shudders*

Oh, I was so like you up until a month ago when my family went to Key West for a few days. Everyone there had them and I decided, what the heck, I'll give them a try. This was after two years of my closest friend swearing by them and me making fun of her. I told her she looked ridiculous and should be out gardening and whatnot. Anyway, went to a store that sold Crocs and got my first pair. Let me tell you, hypocrite or not, I LOVED them! I've worn them everyday since (including in 13 inches of snow when we returned back to Ohio). They make look horrible, socks or no socks, but they feel like a little bit of heaven on your feet. I have yet to hear of anyone who hates their Crocs. So, anyway, my point is you may look like a dork, but you'll feel like a million bucks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom