Creature Comforts at Disney's Animal Kingdom to become Starbucks

djkidkaz

I like the old color scheme. This looks like any building in Adventureland or something at the Polynesian. The bright colors from before made it really stand out and apparent you were somewhere different. The bright colors also contrasted very well with the amount of lush greenery at AK.

RandySavage

I think if they re-do all of Discovery Island with this new color & pattern scheme it could make for an interesting reboot of this original land.

However, I would hope they keep/return all the carved Balinese animal motifs (e.g. giraffe heads, a few of which have been painted brown here) that have been removed from the beams. Those are just cool artistic details that enhance the park.

Last edited:

lnsemsf

Today's refurbishment list now lists Creature Comforts as closed through April 22nd. Could the 23rd be the opening date for Starbucks?

lnsemsf

It seemed odd and it's the exact same date range as flame tree so it could just be an editing error. Still, thought Id pass on the info.

Next Big Thing

It will be open for summer. I do wonder if Starbucks has looked into maybe adding a walkup window at the Boardwalk. Don't think the Boardwalk could support a full store, but definitely a walkup window with the amount of onsite guests at the surrounding hotels and people that come to the area.

NMBC1993

It will be open for summer. I do wonder if Starbucks has looked into maybe adding a walkup window at the Boardwalk. Don't think the Boardwalk could support a full store, but definitely a walkup window with the amount of onsite guests at the surrounding hotels and people that come to the area.

That's a great idea. The more people in line at Starbucks means less of a line for me when grabbing a mug full of Boardwalk Blend coffee at the bakery:)

note2001

That's a great idea. The more people in line at Starbucks means less of a line for me when grabbing a mug full of Boardwalk Blend coffee at the bakery:)
One problem with that: Starbucks does not do competition.

I can see them swapping the Bakery coffee out for Starbucks brand, but not making it a full service location. Example: my company has a Starbucks kiosk in the food court. It is serve self coffees and syrups we add on our own. No lattes, no frozen mochi-blah-di-da-blahs, just coffee.

I can see them changing out the Pizza window for a full service Starbucks Window ... providing the Bakery is not completing in any aspect of sales.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Feb 21. New construction walls have appeared at the back of the new Starbucks near the entrance to the Baby Care Center and First Aid station.

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom