Creating New Viewing Stands for MK's Fireworks

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
You're missing my point. You're adding 14,000 seats for what is essentially overflow seating watching projections on a screen with an alternative view for a 17 minute fireworks show. If all of those seats end up being filled...the only route you have is to be filed back towards the park itself. My suggestion was perhaps moving the location of the theater(s) to somewhere that provides alternative routes to leave the park while also providing an authentic view of the projections, rather than a large movie screen?

Do you have suggested location?

Don't forget that 14,000 are divided in two. And by the time they reach the hub, the hub will have mostly exited. And if the two overflow paths on either side of Main St. are open, then each group has their own corridor.

spacemt354

Chili's
Do you have suggested location?

Don't forget that 14,000 are divided in two. And by the time they reach the hub, the hub will have mostly exited. And if the two overflow paths on either side of Main St. are open, then each group has their own corridor.
I already mentioned the Adventureland expansion pad -- but even better than that would be using the Main Street theater expansion pad. Have it themed to an old fashioned ballpark stadium seating, to blend in with Main Street, and while it provides a 15-20 degree angular view of the castle, it's much better than watching it on a screen, imho.

I also think 14,000 is excessive for overflow seating, Main Street can be crowded, it's just when it gets extremely overcrowded that it becomes an issue. I don't think it's overcrowded by 14,000 total guests. So it doesn't have to be two 7,000 seat outdoor stadium to be effective 1,000-2,000 could do the job well. Which leaves 12,000 ish 'people-eating' capacity for other expansions (hopefully indoor a/c expansions);)

Monorail_Red_77

Talk about a mess. I was at MK on Sunday Sep 2nd. We were leaving a little after HEA. We chose to eat at Peco's and watch some of the fireworks there. AS we were exiting. They had large path exiting on the SW side of the hub. I was thinking, ok We'll exit through the West Mainstreet Bypass. boy was I wrong. Before I realized it they had all of us exiting into Casey's SW Entrance then into the Emporium and then out on to Mainstreet mid-way. Yuck. I'll never do that again. Not fun having exiting crowds mixing with crowds strolling through Emporium trying to purchase. I don't mind using Emporium as an exit sometimes, but this was crazy.

Skipper2

I think I will add the Lilly Belle as premium desert and fireworks viewing event from the newly expanded RoA that will accompany the stadium installation. Along with a few other things. :)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think I will add the Lilly Belle as premium desert and fireworks viewing event from the newly expanded RoA that will accompany the stadium installation. Along with a few other things. :)

Has Planet Coaster added a pyramid of water skiers yet?

Andrew25

Just discovered this post after trying to find something similar to address this issue.

The Tomorrowland Terrace is prime real estate for a dedicated "multi-level" building that can provide firework viewing. I also think, and I hate saying this, expanding the turf grass they created a few years back a bit more should help with the crowding just a bit.

MickeyMouse10

Disney should look into this.

Because they could easily put resorts where the best viewing areas are. Which would have their own park entrances as well. Talk about a moneymaker.

My vote is for a Wild West Resort and a Fantasyland themed Resort.

Frankenstein79

Sounds delightful, maybe they can also hide the ugly things like the Tron Box building. It totally takes me out of the Storybook Circus theming.

sy278

Further back on this thread there was discussion of roof over the seating. None needed. The Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre in DHS for Fantasmic has no roof. And as the fireworks shows ar at night, theres no sun to cook folk, which is why HHA doesn't have one either.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Further back on this thread there was discussion of roof over the seating. None needed. The Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre in DHS for Fantasmic has no roof. And as the fireworks shows ar at night, theres no sun to cook folk, which is why HHA doesn't have one either.
I was thinking it would allow shade for day-shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom