crazy idea? - Disney transportation

tracyandalex

Original Poster
We have never used Disney transportation so, hopefully I can word this as least confusing as possible. We came up with a crazy idea and want to know if it's possible.

We want to rent a car and drive to WDW, stay in WDW hotel for the night before our cruise then use the DCL bus to get to the port. After the cruise use the DCL bus to go to the airport and fly to destination #2. We will not be booking the hotel and cruise as a package, does that matter? Also, I think I heard we can return the rental car on property?

Any help or idea are very much appreciated.

Phonedave

National & Alamo are on property and have desks at the Dolphin, with limited hours. You can drop off there, and then either take a cab back to your resort, or play the Disney Bus Transportation Adventure game (the best way in my opinion - without requiring park admission, would be to walk down to DHS - or take a Friendship - and catch a bus to your resort from there)

Every rental car company that I can think of has a location near WDW and offers free shuttle service between WDW and the location. I have also had people come in a car to pick me up (as opposed to waiting for a shuttle van).

-dave

Phonedave

Just thought of something. If you are not flying into Orlando, and only staying the night before at WDW, why would you not just drive to the Port and stay there ?

You can find a hotel in Coco Beach for the same price as a WDW resort (or much cheaper), and then you don't have to buy DCL transfers to the port, saving you $70.

Fly into Tampa (or wherever), rent your car, drive to Coco Beach, stay overnight in Coco Beach, return the car in the AM, take the rental car shuttle to the port (they all have shuttles).

Advantages:
Cheaper Hotel
No DCL transfer fees
You will be at the Port (and on the ship) MUCH earlier.

tracyandalex

Original Poster
Just thought of something. If you are not flying into Orlando, and only staying the night before at WDW, why would you not just drive to the Port and stay there ?

You can find a hotel in Coco Beach for the same price as a WDW resort (or much cheaper), and then you don't have to buy DCL transfers to the port, saving you $70.

Fly into Tampa (or wherever), rent your car, drive to Coco Beach, stay overnight in Coco Beach, return the car in the AM, take the rental car shuttle to the port (they all have shuttles).

Advantages:
Cheaper Hotel
No DCL transfer fees
You will be at the Port (and on the ship) MUCH earlier.

We live in florida so we are only flying after the cruise and trying to figure out how to get to the airport from the port.
We were not aware of the DCL transfer fees. How much are those?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom