News Crane for Castle Christmas Lights in place

SpectroBro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It’s baaaaaack.
8B87588A-39BD-4894-8C73-AF344685029A.jpeg

cjkeating

I saw this earlier and thought it was for the castle lights but then I noticed that Tinkerbells wire is back so thought it had been used for that.

Is early September about the right time for the castle lights?

Goofyernmost

I saw this earlier and thought it was for the castle lights but then I noticed that Tinkerbells wire is back so thought it had been used for that.

Not to light them, but there is a lot of area to cover on that castle. It isn't like decorating one's Christmas tree at home. September isn't out of the range of possibility. But, that said, it might be there for something else as well. I guess we will see. In the meantime, it is out of general sight so let's not whine before anything really happens.
try and remember that that particular castle is only made out of plastic there to feed our fantasies and since pixie dust can only do so much, some ugly has to happen to make a worthwhile beautiful appear.

SpectroBro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Actually, They can access the zip line without a crane. The dreamlights will have to be done in September so overnight rehearsals for shows can happen in October...

rsm

Would it really be impossible to design one of the permanent structures adjacent to the castle in such a way to conceal a permanent crane? Skyscrapers dont have cranes parked beside them for 25% of the year... they DESIGN window washing rigs into the structure.

Goofyernmost

Would it really be impossible to design one of the permanent structures adjacent to the castle in such a way to conceal a permanent crane? Skyscrapers dont have cranes parked beside them for 25% of the year... they DESIGN window washing rigs into the structure.
When they are building Skyscrapers they are present 100% of the time. If Skyscrapers decided that that public wanted to see a light show at Christmas and they decided to decorate it.. there would be a crane there 25% of the time.

rsm

I don't follow. Most skyscrapers only wash their windows every 1-2 years. The rig is there all the time as the unsightliness / logistical problems of a temp setup outweigh the cost of the investment.

ToTBellHop

I don't follow. Most skyscrapers only wash their windows every 1-2 years. The rig is there all the time as the unsightliness / logistical problems of a temp setup outweigh the cost of the investment.
This is only a "problem" for about 4 people who happen to post here. Not worth the investment. Every day of the year, there is visible construction going on in the parks.

rsm

Yeah not being able to walk around one side of the castle is a huge logistical nightmare :eek::eek:

Was referring more to the operational gymnastics than guest inconvenience. Again - obviously not the end of the world (or they would've done it already). But this to me falls in line with using the bypass each night after fireworks. Construction walls are a temporary necessity. But once something becomes constant, regular, or even seasonal it would seem that good show should EVENTUALLY be considered over an acceptance of perpetual temporary measures.

ToTBellHop

Was referring more to the operational gymnastics than guest inconvenience. Again - obviously not the end of the world (or they would've done it already). But this to me falls in line with using the bypass each night after fireworks. Construction walls are a temporary necessity. But once something becomes constant, regular, or even seasonal it would seem that good show should EVENTUALLY be considered over an acceptance of perpetual temporary measures.
I'd rather the $50,000,000 they'd inevitably spend researching such a device (necessitating 3 research trips to the Moon) be spent developing a second drinking fountain with an alien in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom