CP - Disney-Selected Roommate?

toetheline29

Original Poster
I know there are several different ways of finding a roommate for the CP, like rooming with someone you know, finding someone on Facebook, or having Disney match you with your roommate. I haven't been able to find much information about how having Disney select your roommate works, though, and I've been wondering about it. Has anybody used this? How well did it work out for you? Are you matched solely by arrival/departure dates, or do they factor in things like which building you prefer to live in, if you're a morning/night person, if you see yourself hosting a lot of parties, smoking or not, that sort of thing?

I haven't been accepted yet (I had to postpone my phone interview, so now I'm still waiting), and I'm concerned that it's going to be difficult to find a roommate on my own at this point, since (looking at various message boards and on Facebook) it seems like a lot of people applied and were accepted much earlier. So I'm considering using Disney's roommate matcher thing.

Thanks!

joanna71985

If you choose to have Disney pick a roomate for you, it is based on gender, age (either under 21, or 21+), and check in/out dates. Housing is not involved in the decision (that is all taken care of at check-in).

Wilt Dasney

I met and picked my roommate the night I arrived. A bunch of us had set up a meet at DtD the day before check-in, and I met a guy I got along with well enough to live with.

Assuming things still work the same, you could hold off on a decision until you get there and see if you meet someone before check-in that you click with. Just an idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom