CP Courses: how many?

*disneymagic*

Original Poster
How many courses did you guys take at the CP? Just wondering b/c I decided to apply for the CP for either the Fall or Spring of my Senior Year (2008-2009) but I love to plan ahead haha.

sum41914

Classes

Im currently taking a Marketing You Class im probably going to take Human Resource Management next semester. (Fall Advantage)

typhoonguy

Cp

sum41914 said:
Im currently taking a Marketing You Class im probably going to take Human Resource Management next semester. (Fall Advantage)
I was told by my RGSM on my first CP that my time would be better spent networking and having one on ones than taking one of the classes, and she was right. My networking during that time i would have been in classes landed me the job I have now.

Now, this isn't the case for everyone, but know that the classes are designed for people that are in school and have not had real-world experience. It's a great way to blend what you have learned at college into work-life. That being said on my second college program I took Marketing U and was extremely disappointed. I felt I didn't learn a darn thing. My roomates all had mixed reviews and I found that the ones that had already been introduced to corporate America didn't learn much, and those with no job-related experience learned a lot.

Aladdin?

Guys,forgive me for my ignorance..but your all on the internships,right?

i was under the impression that you could only do the program once...So whats the deal? if you attend college here you can stay on career start for awhile , for multiple semesters?

Aladdin? said:
Guys,forgive me for my ignorance..but your all on the internships,right?

i was under the impression that you could only do the program once...So whats the deal? if you attend college here you can stay on career start for awhile , for multiple semesters?

Well, for one thing, they're talking about the College Program, not CareerStart. With the College Program, you can come back for more CP's, or else they can extend your current CP for (I believe) up to a year. It doesn't really matter how many of them you do, as long as you are still in College. However with the CareerStart, since you have to do it within 18 months of graduation, it would be pretty tricky to work in 2. You can extend it for up to a year, though.

Darwin

typhoonguy said:
I was told by my RGSM on my first CP that my time would be better spent networking and having one on ones than taking one of the classes, and she was right. My networking during that time i would have been in classes landed me the job I have now.
I agree with Typhoonguy about networking. It's TOTALLY about WHO you know NOT WHAT you know. Once you know someone on the inside, they throw in a good word for you and their managers trust their decisions and references. They won't look at your Disney transcript and say, "Oh, you didn't have Marketing so you can't take this job." HOWEVER, I don't discredit the classes, because they are great classes. I loved my Communications class. But if you wanna stick with Disney for a while, it is (almost) totally the networking. (Is almost totally and oxy moron? :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom