CP-August

Magicmyway

Hey guys.... Im almost at the end of my program and just wanted to tell everyone congrats and good luck. It is fun but can get tiring...just don't give up and have fun with it!!! :D

c-nyce

Magicmyway said:
Hey guys.... Im almost at the end of my program and just wanted to tell everyone congrats and good luck. It is fun but can get tiring...just don't give up and have fun with it!!! :D[/quote

:wave: Magic,

I am really excited...I will be arriving Aug 14th. Can you give me (if you remember) and idea as to what day one will be like? As I may arrive a day later...

I know so many questions...

Is it necessary for us to open an account (checking or saving) there? Are the payroll checks direct deposted? One more question...

What are the hotels for family members? My mother will be drving me down and would need a place to stay overnight.....

Ok two more questions

When she makes her hotel reservations is there a discount? And do we need ot give them our applicant number in order to get a discounted room?

No more questions....

Thanks kindly.

typhoonguy

Answers are inserted to your questions

:wave: Magic,

I am really excited...I will be arriving Aug 14th. Can you give me (if you remember) and idea as to what day one will be like? As I may arrive a day later...

Day one is usually check in and paperwork, then moving into your apartment. Some people will have a few afternoon sessions such as a vista presentation and/or a presentation from Price Management (rules and such).

I know so many questions...

Is it necessary for us to open an account (checking or saving) there? Are the payroll checks direct deposted? One more question...

Not necessary to open an account with Vista, but you can if you like. You have an option of having your pay check direct deposited to any bank with a valid routing number and account number or you can pick up a paper check on Thursdays.

What are the hotels for family members? My mother will be drving me down and would need a place to stay overnight.....

All Disney hotels are available to cast members and their families. Other local hotels also offer discounts for Cast Members, such as the Celebration Hotel and most Good Neighbor Hotels.

Ok two more questions

When she makes her hotel reservations is there a discount? And do we need ot give them our applicant number in order to get a discounted room?

You need to have a valid Cast Member ID with a PA number on it to receive your discount. You will book the reservation online through the Cast Portal once you have access.

No more questions....

Thanks kindly.[/quote]

Magicmyway

Hey!!! Sorry I didn't get to it sooner but I think the answers have been pretty well covered.... just don't get too overwhelmed and have fun with it...

P.S. Get to Wal-Mart ASAP... things sell out quickly throughout check in time:lol:

c-nyce

[/quote]

Thanks Typhoon,

More questions...Will be a tv in every apartments or just one for eveyone to share? Are the apartment typical apartments? two bed room has 1.5 bath...

I was told we can have little refrig in our apartment,,,is that correct? Kitchen,,is that one in each apartments? I know I have so many questions..

Thanks you for answering them...I just need to make sure I have everything I need before arriving....

c-nyce

Magicmyway said:
Hey!!! Sorry I didn't get to it sooner but I think the answers have been pretty well covered.... just don't get too overwhelmed and have fun with it...

P.S. Get to Wal-Mart ASAP... things sell out quickly throughout check in time:lol:

Thanks Magic,

Sorry, I am going to miss you...I will be arrving Aug 21st, rather then Aug 14th. We all would appreicate any suggestions you can give....I for one...will appreciate it....

This will be my very first time leaving home....I've read were some girls left after their first week..I hope...it doesnt happen to me...

Until, next time....

One last question...Do you recommend me bringing my laptop? OK, another question... ..I read that we can chose how many room mate...Is that correct?

Thanks

From what I've heard, their actually is NO TV with the apartment, you and your roommates have to provide one. I bet if you all pooled 20-40$, you could get a cheap one at Walmart. Also, you say how many roommates you would prefer to have, and they try to accommodate you.

typhoonguy

c-nyce said:
Thanks Magic,

Sorry, I am going to miss you...I will be arrving Aug 21st, rather then Aug 14th. We all would appreicate any suggestions you can give....I for one...will appreciate it....

This will be my very first time leaving home....I've read were some girls left after their first week..I hope...it doesnt happen to me...

Until, next time....

One last question...Do you recommend me bringing my laptop? OK, another question... ..I read that we can chose how many room mate...Is that correct?

Yes, bring a computer, the ones in the labs suck

You can choose a roomate if you both sign-in together and have both agreed to it, though it's not guarunteed.

typhoonguy

See answers below

Thanks Typhoon,

More questions...Will be a tv in every apartments or just one for eveyone to share? Are the apartment typical apartments? two bed room has 1.5 bath...

Bring your own TV or buy one from the cast portal for less than dirt. Bathrooms are as such. 1 bedroom 1bathroom 2 CMs. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom 4 CMs. 3 Bedroom 3 bathroom 6 CMs. 4 bedroom 2 showers and 2 toilets, 4 sinks 8CMs.

I was told we can have little refrig in our apartment,,,is that correct? Kitchen,,is that one in each apartments? I know I have so many questions..

Full kitchen with full size refrig is in every apartment. All pots and pans and such too.

Thanks you for answering them...I just need to make sure I have everything I need before arriving....[/quote]

c-nyce

Thanks for the answers. I received my welcome email on friday...paid my asessement fee by email..All set and ready to go..

My only concern is that ...we will be there during hurricane seasons...but i heard that orlando...doesn't really get it to bad..because they are far off th coast...Little nervous about that....:(

Aladdin?

c-nyce, Im a florida resident thats arriving on august 14th...

I've been through a few hurricanes, tropical depressions, what-not.

The thing about hurricanes is that they can mostly be predicted. So if there is one, we will have enough time to prepare for it. Im sure witha big corporation like Disney, they will have some plan for us if one comes at us.

:drevil: <-Turn that frown upside down?

Goofy7654

Im goin to do my phone interview tommorow, but i dont kno if its to late.. I realy wana start in august with the other Career Start students... Let me know if anyone knows if its to late or if I still have time.. My girlfriend wants to go will we be able to live in the same complex??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom