CP Audtion-- is this good?

should-be-BELLE

Original Poster
So i recently attended a character audition for the CP. i felt ok, but after reading lots of posts on different boards, the fact that the characters are looking full really worries me.

We learned the animation movement with a dance that was put together. I saw a few dancers staying behind after we all auditioned which I was assuming was for the advance dance audition. (I'm a little discouraged because I have technical dance training and wasn't asked to stay. Should this worry me?) I felt that I did well at the audition. We went in groups of 4 and the recruiter took an extra picture of myself and another girl after our audition. I hope that's a good thing! I was measured at 5'3".

Should I be worried about not making the final audition? Or the pool perhaps?

I also heard people heard back within a few days that they were in the pool, or that they were in. We were told 2 weeks. What is the more likely?

thanks ahead of time!

joanna71985

When I auditioned for the CP (back in 2006), I got an email telling me I didn't get performer 5 days later. My acceptance letter (for character attendant) came about 2 1/2 weeks after the audition.

Good luck!!

should-be-BELLE

Original Poster
After reading other posts..I just realized that our audition started immediately in the intermediate dance rather than the beginning. Why would they do that? They said they were expecting 40 some and got 80 some. Would they do that to narrow it down faster?

joanna71985

After reading other posts..I just realized that our audition started immediately in the intermediate dance rather than the beginning. Why would they do that? They said they were expecting 40 some and got 80 some. Would they do that to narrow it down faster?

Did they do an initial cut?

I was hired into entertainment without being pulled to the advanced dance so you shouldn't worry about that part. The part about them taking an extra picture of you sounds like they're considering you for face which you're in the height range for at 5'3. The only thing you should worry about is that 5'3 is a very common height range.
You never can tell with Disney when they're going to call you. They told me they'd call everyone within two weeks regardless of whether they got it or not. They never called me. At all. Months went by and I just thought I hadn't gotten it until they sent me an email saying it was a shame I missed the auditions and would I like another role? I was confused so I sent them something saying I'd been there and then they looked it up and sent me a new email saying I'd gotten a character role. No apology, nothing. So I'd give it a week or so but then if you don't hear anything, call or email yourself.

should-be-BELLE

Original Poster
Well I heard back the other day. I didn't get selected. It was a major bummer. I don't want to sound cocky but rather confident as I know I did very well. I've had plenty of dance training before and I went right through the routine with no problems. I thought maybe it had something to do with my height range being common since the recruiter told us they were very stacked on characters currently, however I wasn't placed in the pool. Maybe I did a lot worse than I thought? :shrug:

Anywho, the spring CP is going to work out much better on my life so I'l be reapplying for that instead. Should I try out for character performer again? If it is perhaps the number of characters being stacked, would it even be worth it to try again?

It was probably all about your height and nothing to do with how well you did. 5'3 is a really common height with not so many characters in the range. It's always worth it to try again but choosing to take another role is worth it as well.

should-be-BELLE

Original Poster
I'll probably do it in the spring of 09 regardless of if i get character performer or not either way...but is there ever a time where there's a shortage of characters? Or are they planning on being stacked for a whiles to come?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom