CP Auditon!!

danzingcutie12

Original Poster
Hi everyone!! Just wanted to post and say that I am leaving tommorow for my CP audition!! I am really nervous, but I know I will do fine because I have been a dancer for many many many years. And last minute tips or helpful hints????

Mecha Figment

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to post and say that I am leaving tommorow for my CP audition!! I am really nervous, but I know I will do fine because I have been a dancer for many many many years. And last minute tips or helpful hints????

just remember its not all about dancing. and if you do get dancing your required to do furr to.

joanna71985

The audition is pretty basic. There are 2 parts to it. The first part is animating something, and the second part is dancing. Good luck!

danzingcutie12

Original Poster
Well I just got home and it did go pretty well at least for me!! But after a 6 hour car ride and a 5 hour audition I am heading to bed...I will post more info tommorow afternoon!!! : )

sandybobandy

Well I just got home and it did go pretty well at least for me!! But after a 6 hour car ride and a 5 hour audition I am heading to bed...I will post more info tommorow afternoon!!! : )

I'm looking forward to your report! :) I'd love to know what type of dancing you did. Was it simple kick ball changes? :) Any leaps or turns involved? :)

danzingcutie12

Original Poster
Hello everyone here is my report: Hi everyone!!! Just wanted to post a recap of my audition yesterday...it went really well...at least for me!! : ) So it started at 11 and everyone had trouble finding to place so we started a little late. We had to wait in a line a fill out some forms and get an audition number, then the took your height and picture for the file. I brought my headshot and resume with me which I recommend especially if you have had MANY years of dance or acting training. There were about 6 people there from Disney; 2 people from the makeup and cosmetology dept. looking for face characters, 2 people from Entertainment casting who actually ran the audtion, 1 person from regular casting who was handling most of the paperwork, and Gene who was the choregrapher and was so so nice.

The started off telling us basically how things would work for the day and they told us to have fun and stuff. Everyone was really excited to get started. They said we would be learning a movement and animation exercise and then they would be making some cuts (except in true Disney fashion the didn't use the word "cut" , instead they said if you weren't asked to say that it didn't mean Yes or No or anything, just that they had seen enough from you for the day).So the split us into two groups....1-45 and 46-95. I was in the second group so I basically just waited around for 45 minutes stretching and stuff before the called us in. We did the animation exercise first...which was 1. Pretend you have just seen you favorite disney character at the park and 2. pretend you are eating your favorite disney snack. Then we learned the dance which started off simple but got harder. It was corny, but easy for me, and it was neat to see all the different steps and combinations the pulled together from across property to make one big combination that didnt really make much sense. Then we put the animation exercise together with the dance to create one whole big routine. We rehearsed a couple of times and then they said they would be bringing us in 5 at a time.

This was the first point where some people were asked not to stay. But for me it was just more waiting around. Everyong practiced a bit, but being a trained dancer for so many years I had the combination down pretty good and didn't want to concetrate on it for too long. When the finally called my number, my group went in and did the combination twice in front of the two entertainment ladies. When we were done we were told to go into another studio to wait. We waited and waited and finally the casting lady came in and gave a bunch a people the okay to go. Still more waiting, and then after the last group was done Gene, the choregrapher came in and said whoever numbers he called were to come with him for the advance dance audition. AND I WAS ONE OF THEM!! 13 girls and 1 guy total. About 9 of us were probably CP and the rest were regular part time or full time applicants. We were all really nervous, but we're ready to work. So we learned the combination which was to an actually jazz song and the combination was a bit more challenging and danciable. So we did it many many times and then we performed it in front of the Entertainment Casting ladies 3 at a time and the videotaped us too!! Everyone did really well! The Disney people that was the end of the audtion and we had to go wait to get our next step paperwork, which basically said we would hear something in about two weeks.

So overall it went really well for me! I was really nervous going into it, but after a saw the talent pool it calmed my nerves and I am so happy I made it till the end. Gene was great and I loved just dancing with everyone. Everyone else was also just so nice and I had a chance to talk to many different people, my only regret is that I should have gotten some of the other dancers contact info for when I go down there. So I am happily awaiting my results!!!!

If ya guys have any questions I'd be happy to answer them...like face character stuff and puppetry, (which I didn't do, but I could tell ya how it went!!!

<3

To answer your question Sandy in the first combo the hardest thing was a grapevine, jazz square, and a channe turn, and a step passe jump. In the advanced combination the hardest steps were a pencil turn in plie, a hitch kick, and a battement in second. Which if you are a dancer is really hard at all especially compared to the crazy auditions I have gone to for my school faculty concerts!!

sandybobandy

Oh my goodness! What a day! I'm so excited for you and I don't even know you! lol I'm going to PM you in a bit with some other questions if you don't mind.

Again, congrats! Sounds like you did awesome.

danzingcutie12

Original Poster
Yea i totally loved Gene. Have you worked with him before? For puppetry they just had the two Entertainment CM with the main one being Sonyayra, but I dont think i spelled that right.

danzingcutie12

Original Poster
oh yea and I should also mention that I was there from 11-4....5 hours!!! So please pack a lunch...all us dancer girls were craving food by the end...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom