Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

A new poll suggests the United States could be on track to vaccinate at least 70 percent of the adult population against Covid-19 by this summer.
In the latest survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation, 62 percent of respondents said they had received at least one dose of a vaccine, up from 56 percent in April. At the same time, about a third of those categorized as “wait and see” reported that they had already made vaccine appointments or planned to do so imminently....
The two demographic groups reporting the greatest increase in vaccination rates from April to May were Latino adults (from 47 percent to 57 percent) and adults without college degrees (from 48 percent to 55 percent).

SteveBrickNJ

I am a NJ resident who is fully vaccinated. I have been frustrated that in NJ my fully vaccinated status did not afford me any ability to ditch the mask. Yet today I am in a large popular mall in Roanoke Virginia and many fully vaccinated people ARE walking around the mall with no masks. Great! I am joining them. What good is getting two Pfizer vaccines and then you still live in fear? No need for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask.20210529_151627_HDR.jpg

Lilofan

I am a NJ resident who is fully vaccinated. I have been frustrated that in NJ my fully vaccinated status did not afford me any ability to ditch the mask. Yet today I am in a large popular mall in Roanoke Virginia and many fully vaccinated people ARE walking around the mall with no masks. Great! I am joining them. What good is getting two Pfizer vaccines and then you still live in fear? No need for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask.View attachment 560682
I'm confused. Your NJ Governor ended the mask mandate on May 28 however private businesses can also decide to enforce customers to wear masks on their private property if they so choose.

SteveBrickNJ

I'm confused. Your NJ Governor ended the mask mandate on May 28 however private businesses can also decide to enforce customers to wear masks on their private property if they so choose.
I've been in VA since last night. Yet it is my impression that most of NJ business establishments WILL put up signs that state: "No mask. No service". Hey, Biden said we don't need a mask.....Governor Murphy said we now don't need a mask...but the supermarket manager or the Wal-Mart manager says you do. Hmm...politicians ....what good are they?😂

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am a NJ resident who is fully vaccinated. I have been frustrated that in NJ my fully vaccinated status did not afford me any ability to ditch the mask. Yet today I am in a large popular mall in Roanoke Virginia and many fully vaccinated people ARE walking around the mall with no masks. Great! I am joining them. What good is getting two Pfizer vaccines and then you still live in fear? No need for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask.View attachment 560682
You can go to any Catholic church in NJ and not wear a mask... and no distancing.

It's up to the proprietors as to what happens in their buildings.

SteveBrickNJ

You can go to any Catholic church in NJ and not wear a mask... and no distancing.

It's up to the proprietors as to what happens in their buildings.
My Baptist Church doesn't ask for masks either.
My point about NJ supermarkets and Walmarts requiring masks still stands though.
Yes....I know...up to them to decide.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Something to keep in mind we took a while to get into this mess, some will take a while to come out of it. Anxieties are hard to control. I am glad to see people trusting the vaccine, but I do have some compassion for those who do still fear.

Lilofan

Something to keep in mind we took a while to get into this mess, some will take a while to come out of it. Anxieties are hard to control. I am glad to see people trusting the vaccine, but I do have some compassion for those who do still fear.
The ones who still are in fear better be wearing masks based on the "honor" system. If they do not or refuse to wear a mask does one still feel compassion towards them? There is always a crowd that also processes information into their brains differently from others .

correcaminos

The ones who still are in fear better be wearing masks based on the "honor" system. If they do not or refuse to wear a mask does one still feel compassion towards them? There is always a crowd that also processes information into their brains differently from others .
Not sure I follow at all. The people in fear in this case (piggybacking on the PP) are fully vaccinated but still too a afraid to ditch the mask. So why had they better be wearing something they're afraid to ditch?

Lilofan

Not sure I follow at all. The people in fear in this case (piggybacking on the PP) are fully vaccinated but still too a afraid to ditch the mask. So why had they better be wearing something they're afraid to ditch?
I know a few. Yes, it does not make sense. Fear of getting the vaccine but these unvaccinated do not wear a mask.

correcaminos

I know a few. Yes, it does not make sense. Fear of getting the vaccine but these unvaccinated do not wear a mask.
Not sure why you are bringing up unvaccinated as nothing in that was about unvaccinated.

If someone is fully vaccinated and still fears catching covid so they wear a mask, who does that hurt? No one. I've had a lousy night of sleep because of a panic attack that still is lingering. So I have a massive amount of compassion for those vaccinated who are not comfortable ditching a mask.

If you do want to talk about fears of vaccines, then we're in the wrong thread to do so.

Lilofan

Not sure why you are bringing up unvaccinated as nothing in that was about unvaccinated.

If someone is fully vaccinated and still fears catching covid so they wear a mask, who does that hurt? No one. I've had a lousy night of sleep because of a panic attack that still is lingering. So I have a massive amount of compassion for those vaccinated who are not comfortable ditching a mask.

If you do want to talk about fears of vaccines, then we're in the wrong thread to do so.
I get what you are saying . You are referring to vaccinated. I am referring to unvaccinated.

correcaminos

I get what you are saying . You are referring to vaccinated. I am referring to unvaccinated.
Just realized this was the general thread and not the masked one (I'm on too many) lol so we can talk that. But yes, you confused me since my comments had zero to do with vaccination fears.

Do I have compassion and understanding for that? Absolutely actually! Not all who fear vaccines are maskholes.

SteveBrickNJ

That's the common theme - their private business, their rules. If one does not agree, spend ones cash somewhere else.
I am not personally passionate about this issue. It is just interesting to post about it but I am not gonna avoid a business because the manager requires a mask. Have a great Sunday everyone 😊

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom