Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heppenheimer

Lilofan

Covid vaccine promotions

Krispy Kreme- show CDC card of proof at stores and receive a free glazed donut everyday in 2021!

New Jersey - Governor Murphy announced residents who get vaccinated in May can take their CDC card to participating bars and receive a free beer!

Seattle Mariners baseball - attend a home game and receive a covid vaccine shot inside the stadium ! ( while supplies last )

donaldtoo

Everyone in our architectural firm of 30+ are fully vaccinated, except 3, and they’re all scheduled for their second dose next week.
During this whole damn-demic, 2 coworkers got the virus. One (no longer employed by the firm for other reasons) worked right next to me and went somewhere he shouldn’t have. He was 25 at the time, I was 57. The firm spent 10K to deep clean the office, and the partners were torqued.
The other coworker attended a wedding, but, she felt bad very quickly, and knew what it was, so rode it out, never came back to the office, and was workin’ remotely for 3 weeks until she tested negative for the third time.
One of the 4 partners at the firm told me today that we’re very close to losing the masks soon, but, for now, all office protocols are still in place.

ToTBellHop

The New York Yankees and Mets are offering free game tickets to people who show up and get the JnJ vaccine. I’ve previously (half-) joked that Disney should seize this moment, but they really should consider it. It would be a powerful statement, and likely impactful, for them to offer shots coupled with a freebie (free dining for a day? Free, non-upgradable 1-day park hopper?). We shouldn’t have much trouble vaccinating ~70% of Americans. Offers like these from business may increase us another 10%. Well worth it for businesses (increase capacity faster) and all of us.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just reading the text of the current version of Michigan's anti vaccine passport bill. It's interesting that theirs doesn't mention entry into or service from a business, but instead simply says you can't offer "incentive" for showing proof of vaccination. So this would prevent any kind of free things for vaccinated people.

The bill is pretty sloppily written at this point in that it could also be interpreted to mean that you can't be given a CDC vaccination card.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Vaccines for Children

Pfizer testing for children as young as 6 months.

Pfizer and Moderna already applied for EUA for ages 12-15 y.o.​
Pfizer and Moderna got approval for their vaccines to go to 12-15 y.o. in Canada​

Increase in Production

Moderna:
.8 to 1.0 Billion doses in 2021 to be produced. 3B doses in 2022.​
Moderna can be refrigerated for a month, or kept in normal freezer for 7 months. Looking to make it 3 months just refrigerated.​
Nations are saying the mRNA is the future of vaccines because of quick development.​

Pfizer:
Likely to produce 2.5B doses in 2021/​

Approvals

AstraZeneca: Questioning of company's plan to get approval in the U.S. -- why bother? Fauci said probably would get approval, but not use.​
Moderna working on boosters that target the newer variants.​
Novavax is gearing up to produce over a billion doses.​

Worldwide Distribution

U.S. Pfizer plants now shipping to outside the U.S. (at least 10M to Mexico), which was banned in the previous administration.​
U.S. Pfizer plants now shipping to outside the U.S. (to Canada, too), which was banned in the previous administration.​

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Vaccines for Children

Pfizer testing for children as young as 6 months.

Pfizer and Moderna already applied for EUA for ages 12-15 y.o.​
Pfizer and Moderna got approval for their vaccines to go to 12-15 y.o. in Canada​

Increase in Production

Moderna:
.8 to 1.0 Billion doses in 2021 to be produced. 3B doses in 2022.​
Moderna can be refrigerated for a month, or kept in normal freezer for 7 months. Looking to make it 3 months just refrigerated.​
Nations are saying the mRNA is the future of vaccines because of quick development.​

Pfizer:
Likely to produce 2.5B doses in 2021/​

Approvals

AstraZeneca: Questioning of company's plan to get approval in the U.S. -- why bother? Fauci said probably would get approval, but not use.​
Moderna working on boosters that target the newer variants.​
Novavax is gearing up to produce over a billion doses.​

Worldwide Distribution

U.S. Pfizer plants now shipping to outside the U.S. (at least 10M to Mexico), which was banned in the previous administration.​
U.S. Pfizer plants now shipping to outside the U.S. (to Canada, too), which was banned in the previous administration.​

Wasn't export also banned under the current administration until the agreement ran out? So we just "loaned" doses to Canada and Mexico?

ToTBellHop

MD and DC have joined the 50%+ club. 12 states plus DC have reached 50% or more of the total population receiving at least 1 dose. Two New England states have already met the President’s July 4, 70% of adults goal (with 3 more at 69%, anticipated to get to 70 this weekend). All of New England has vaccinated at least 90% of 65+.

Be more like New England.

ToTBellHop

NY, VA, and WA have joined the 50%+ club. 15 states plus DC have reached 50% or more of the total population receiving at least 1 dose. A further 7 states should get there this week (all above 47%).

CT became 3rd state to vaccinate 70% of adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom