Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

ImperfectPixie

Can't say my kid is excited or really wants it, but he hates shots. He watched me do the trial and nearly did the 12-15yo trial but we couldn't get it to work. So he knows the importance. Best wishes as you explain to your 10yo. This all has been hard enough as it is without additional struggles you face with them. Hopefully they will get through the younger kids soon, but smaller ones we definitely want the dosage right whereas my 13yo has 5 inches on me and a few pounds so I'm not so worried with that 😅
My 15-year-old wants to get it only because he hates getting sick more than getting shots, lol. My youngest wants to get it because he wants to be able to share toys with his friends again and to play the way they used to. School has been VERY strict with no sharing of any toys/equipment, distancing, etc. (which is a good thing).

ImperfectPixie

Even outside?

That makes me very sad. Kids outside is about as close to zero risk as you can get.
The sharing of toys and equipment outside is a no-no...yes. They alternate days on which kids can use which equipment. These are kids grades K-5...lots of plushies and toys that get brought to school from home. The equipment rule, I suspect, is more to prevent kids standing too close to each other and arguing over whose turn it is. The kids all have their own bin in the classroom with their own supplies, and they're not allowed to share those, either.

correcaminos

My 15-year-old wants to get it only because he hates getting sick more than getting shots, lol. My youngest wants to get it because he wants to be able to share toys with his friends again and to play the way they used to. School has been VERY strict with no sharing of any toys/equipment, distancing, etc. (which is a good thing).
Wow, that is strict. I admit I have no clue about what younger kids do here but still. We have distancing but lunch break at middle school is different. They'd just walk and talk anyway. Now they do it at 6 feet with totally separate eating areas. Some friends go home too.

CaptainAmerica

The sharing of toys and equipment outside is a no-no...yes. They alternate days on which kids can use which equipment. These are kids grades K-5...lots of plushies and toys that get brought to school from home. The equipment rule, I suspect, is more to prevent kids standing too close to each other and arguing over whose turn it is. The kids all have their own bin in the classroom with their own supplies, and they're not allowed to share those, either.
Maybe I'm confused on what you mean by "equipment."

Like... If a kid is on a swing, and then goes to slide on the slide, a different kid can't use that swing?

ImperfectPixie

Maybe I'm confused on what you mean by "equipment."

Like... If a kid is on a swing, and then goes to slide on the slide, a different kid can't use that swing?
They weren't allowed to use the playground equipment at all for the first part of the year. The school has been VERY careful about keeping the classes as separated as possible to help keep contact tracing useful...my understanding is that they're keeping the classes separated during recess as well and rotating them between the gym, the playground, and the field, so no two classes are sharing their space. So my son's class may use the gym on Monday, the field on Tuesday, and the playground on Wednesday, etc. Kids within the same class can take turns on the fixed (permanently installed) playground equipment, but there's no sharing of toys like balls, cars, or other things. It's far from normal.

ToTBellHop

The NY State Fair will happen this year.
Well, tentatively. The Eastern States Exposition (“Big E”, effectively a state fair for all 6 New England states) was going to happen last year until it wasn’t. It’s scheduled for this year and I’ll believe it when I see it. They can always revert to having us drive-through to grab our cream puffs and Big Eclairs.

Bellhop97

Well, tentatively. The Eastern States Exposition (“Big E”, effectively a state fair for all 6 New England states) was going to happen last year until it wasn’t. It’s scheduled for this year and I’ll believe it when I see it. They can always revert to having us drive-through to grab our cream puffs and Big Eclairs.
I am so hoping for the Big E to happen.. fingers crossed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm going to California in August. Will I need a COVID test before going? I've been vaccinated.

From California's web site:

"
  • Fully vaccinated travelers:
    • are less likely to get and spread COVID-19, and can travel safely within the United States and California
    • should follow CDC travel guidance, and are not required to test or quarantine before or after travel unless they have symptoms concerning for COVID-19 disease."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom