Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

ToTBellHop

Why is the JnJ shot taking so long to get into arms? 20m apparently sent by the end of March but only 5m into arms? Why are we taking this at a jog? And allocations to states are VERY low next week. Less than a million. What’s the deal?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Why is the JnJ shot taking so long to get into arms? 20m apparently sent by the end of March but only 5m into arms? Why are we taking this at a jog? And allocations to states are VERY low next week. Less than a million. What’s the deal?

15 million doses had to be tossed due to a manufacturer mix up around April 2nd.
Its gonna take some time to build back up the supply that was supposed to be.

Last edited:

GaBoy

IDK why people get so sensitive and nasty on here.
Because Disney is pure emotion, we are obviously affected greatly by Disney and anything that gets in the way of our magic makes us emotional. We ALL just want our old Disney magic back and get aggravated with people or news that seems to get in the way of that schedule or for those that are going now (not me) seem more unsafe. We have to remember that we are a small subset of Disney "super-fans" and our lens tends to be pretty focused. I'll admit it, I have been more active than ever before, on these forums, because I really want (need) a normal Disney vacation escape but not much of anything we say here is going to move the needle, it just lets us vent.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I’m not being sensitive or nasty. I am wondering why 20m doses of a one-dose vaccine were delivered 11 days ago and only 5m are in arms. It is legitimately mind-boggling.

Sorry but you did become sarcastic towards me accusing me of thinking the government lied about doses.
I was just trying to answer with the info I was aware of and you made it personal.
I think we should stay focused on the good happening right now.
About 25% of ages 16+ are fully vaccinated and that number will only rise each day.

ToTBellHop

Sorry but you did become sarcastic towards me accusing me of thinking the government lied about doses.
I was just trying to answer with the info I was aware of and you made it personal.
I think we should stay focused on the good happening right now.
About 25% of ages 16+ are fully vaccinated and that number will only rise each day.
I posted a link to an article where it was stated 20m would be delivered and asked if the government lied. That’s not directed at you. Reporters should be asking the government the same question. Colleges are canceling JnJ clinics due to the unexpected reduction that should not be occurring if 20m doses were truly delivered. It is a problem when doses are said to arrive and do not.

ToTBellHop

Not terribly surprising since it is similar to the AZ vaccine, but the FDA and CDC are calling for a pause in use of the JnJ vaccine over blood clots. This is too bad as it will slow vaccine administration and increase vaccine hesitancy. JnJ is also a potential early vaccine for kids. I imagine many parents will pass on this one, now.

Is Novavax almost ready?

G00fyDad

My wife and I both work in healthcare (she works directly on a COVID unit) and we got ours in January. Never looked back. My daughter (26) just got her first shot but my son (17) refuses to get it. Apparently his really close friends have parents that have convinced his friends that the vaccine is either a mind control device, tracking device, poison or something else nefarious. He doesn't actually believe that garbage but they are his friends and somehow they have convinced him not to get vaccinated. :banghead::banghead: His birthday is on the 4th of July and he is pretty mad that we cancelled plans for an party for his 18th birthday but I cannot have him around his grandparents and great-grandparents if he has not been vaccinated. Ultimately it is his decision but I just wish he would not be so swayed by others.

ToTBellHop

My wife and I both work in healthcare (she works directly on a COVID unit) and we got ours in January. Never looked back. My daughter (26) just got her first shot but my son (17) refuses to get it. Apparently his really close friends have parents that have convinced his friends that the vaccine is either a mind control device, tracking device, poison or something else nefarious. He doesn't actually believe that garbage but they are his friends and somehow they have convinced him not to get vaccinated. :banghead::banghead: His birthday is on the 4th of July and he is pretty mad that we cancelled plans for an party for his 18th birthday but I cannot have him around his grandparents and great-grandparents if he has not been vaccinated. Ultimately it is his decision but I just wish he would not be so swayed by others.
Is he going to college in the fall? That may force the issue.

G00fyDad

Is he going to college in the fall? That may force the issue.

Maybe. He already runs two decently profitable online businesses so he may not. Although he has talked about opening a "brick and mortar" place of his own one day so he might. I wasn't aware colleges were forcing the issue.

drizgirl

Maybe. He already runs two decently profitable online businesses so he may not. Although he has talked about opening a "brick and mortar" place of his own one day so he might. I wasn't aware colleges were forcing the issue.
A handful are. But I expect that to grow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom