Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh, my God. 1 dose for my kids would be a godsend. They are terrified of shots. I was already trying to figure out how much I’d have to bribe them to get 2. Guess I can cancel my second mortgage application.
Agreed. I don’t know how fast they can ramp up their trials for kids, but it seems like a no brainer to me considering the vaccine is using technology proven to be safe in kids and also requires less “jumping through hoops”. Simple is always better when dealing with kids.

ToTBellHop

Agreed. I don’t know how fast they can ramp up their trials for kids, but it seems like a no brainer to me considering the vaccine is using technology proven to be safe in kids and also requires less “jumping through hoops”. Simple is always better when dealing with kids.
Absolutely. Also, viral vector vaccines, in general, work better with younger people who are less likely to have been exposed to an adenovirus and have antibodies that could lessen the response to vaccine.

sullyinMT

Seems a bit late. We are likely looking at general availability in a month.
A week ago, I could only do 6 triceps extensions in a set. Now I can do 7.

The vaccine transformation has begun.

Need to start thinking about what made-up-name I should use. I’m thinking simple. RNA-Man?
Perhaps just the threat of a stick will alter behavior. Like all the vaccine passport talk.

The timeline is a bit odd.

Nickname: Captain Moderna

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another new poll out today. 69% of people polled say they will get the Covid vaccine. Of the no’s 15% are probably no and 15% definitely no. Of the no’s, concern about side effects was listed as one of the biggest reasons as well as wanting to know more about how they work. I think there’s a good chance that through proper PR and education those concerns can be alleviated in some people.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saw an article saying that the CEO of Pfizer had to cancel a trip to Israel because he isn't vaccinated yet!
Hey Mr CEO thanks for the 10M doses of your life saving vaccine....but can you come back later once you are vaccinated...we’re trying to reach herd immunity here :)

I have a friend who works for Pfizer and he said there are no plans for the company to fast track vaccines for their own people so I guess it applies to the CEO too. They have to wait their turn and make an appointment like everyone else.

drizgirl

I can understand it, it opens a big can of worms if you start giving the vaccine to high level executives when they wouldn't otherwise be eligible.
I get that. But it sure didn't stop all the politicians. I'm big on not giving preferential treatment. But I kind of would to have liked to see the Pfizer CEO get it. Just maybe not all of his extended family.

correcaminos

I get that. But it sure didn't stop all the politicians. I'm big on not giving preferential treatment. But I kind of would to have liked to see the Pfizer CEO get it. Just maybe not all of his extended family.
But why should the CEO get to jump ahead? To me that would look bad. Politicians often were old enough or deemed essential

JoeCamel

I expect a CEO of a multinational to have leadership skills, morality and be smarter than the average bear so they can evaluate the current circumstances then act in the best interests of the company. Politicians not so much.....

drizgirl

I expect a CEO of a multinational to have leadership skills, morality and be smarter than the average bear so they can evaluate the current circumstances then act in the best interests of the company. Politicians not so much.....
Can't disagree. I still think that the CEO of the company not getting the shot would give me pause (if I hadn't already decided to get it). That might not be an issue today with demand still outpacing supply, but soon enough we're going to be begging hesitant people to get it. And confidence shown from the start and from the top would be helpful.

ToTBellHop

Can't disagree. I still think that the CEO of the company not getting the shot would give me pause (if I hadn't already decided to get it). That might not be an issue today with demand still outpacing supply, but soon enough we're going to be begging hesitant people to get it. And confidence shown from the start and from the top would be helpful.
He should certainly get it now or very soon. He is 59. In most states, he’s eligible or will be shortly.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
He should certainly get it now or very soon. He is 59. In most states, he’s eligible or will be shortly.
I believe Pfizer has their headquarters in NY so he likely lives in NY, CT or NJ. I don’t think they are under 65 yet but he should be up soon. My friend works at the office here in PA which is the former Wyeth corporate headquarters. They were told no special treatment and even when people become eligible they have to go to a public site and fight it out for an appointment. They are being very cautious not to appear in any way to be keeping doses for their own. Technically due to the contracts those doses belong to the US government as soon as they are done so I assume they would have to ask permission to hold some back for their employees. Of course what’s the government going to do? Cancel the contract? Pfizer is pretty much in the driver seat but they are looking to keep their PR squeaky clean. History is going to look back at this and Pfizer/Moderna/JnJ and possibly others will go down as heroes in all of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom