Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
So here in PA Governor Wolf just announced that PA’s JnJ vaccine doses will be directed to teachers to get them all vaccinated and get all schools re-opened. My sister in law just got her appointment already today so they aren’t messing around with this. Good news for the teachers who get to cut the line now and go right away. Our district had already planned to open all schools 5 days a week after Spring Break so now all teachers should be done before that time. Apparently Wolf is also a reader here ;););) No need to thank me for the brilliant idea :)

sullyinMT

So here in PA Governor Wolf just announced that PA’s JnJ vaccine doses will be directed to teachers to get them all vaccinated and get all schools re-opened. My sister in law just got her appointment already today so they aren’t messing around with this. Good news for the teachers who get to cut the line now and go right away. Our district had already planned to open all schools 5 days a week after Spring Break so now all teachers should be done before that time. Apparently Wolf is also a reader here ;););) No need to thank me for the brilliant idea :)

Have him text Gov Gianforte, please. While we are moving to Phase 1B “plus” next week, the “plus” is the next age tier, not teachers. Our educators have done a remarkable job helping schools stay open and really deserve next crack for a number of weeks before any other phase, especially since our healthcare system has largely cleared out since Christmas

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have him text Gov Gianforte, please. While we are moving to Phase 1B “plus” next week, the “plus” is the next age tier, not teachers. Our educators have done a remarkable job helping schools stay open and really deserve next crack for a number of weeks before any other phase, especially since our healthcare system has largely cleared out since Christmas
Send him my comments. Any Governor worth their salt would gladly take public policy advice from a guy pretending to be Goofy on a Disney fan forum ;););)

It makes a ton of sense. I hope they use the doses for other groups next like first responders, postal workers, grocery store and essential retail workers, etc...

sullyinMT

Send him my comments. Any Governor worth their salt would gladly take public policy advice from a guy pretending to be Goofy on a Disney fan forum ;););)

It makes a ton of sense. I hope they use the doses for other groups next like first responders, postal workers, grocery store and essential retail workers, etc...
Laughing at the first part.

Yes, where hospitalizations are manageable at worst, the focus should shift to vaccinating those more likely to contract and spread the virus. Our first responders have been “eating up” the extra daily doses since day one, and are mostly complete in the big counties. While we have this lull period, or where doses are more plentiful, teachers, grocery, and other high density or high public contact workplaces should be next. After the power grid failures of a couple weeks ago, linemen should probably be up there, too.

*I’d include other essential retail in my personal list, but home improvement and craft stores selling mask supplies (JoAnn, Michael’s) already have an elderly workforce previously eligible 😉

pixie225

I got my first Pfizer dose yesterday. Headache pretty quickly after the shot, swollen lymph nodes later in the day, and some mild body soreness this morning. But all in all, not bad. Second dose scheduled for 3 weeks, not looking forward to that one but I'm very relieved and feel lucky to be at this point already.
We also got our first Pfizer yesterday. Woke up this a.m. with slight sore arm - nothing else. 2nd dose March 24. Hope it goes as well.

tpac24

I will eventually get it. Holding out for a one dose one. I have no health issues and I am under 50 so I would rather some who needs it more than myself get it before me.

JoeCamel

I have a pre-existing developmental disability (high functioning Autism), so under NY guidelines, I'm eligible. I have my appointment for my first dose Monday evening. I'm kind of nervous.
It will be fine, the vac sites run pretty smoothly just the scheduling that is a problem for now

bdearl41

I will eventually get it. Holding out for a one dose one. I have no health issues and I am under 50 so I would rather some who needs it more than myself get it before me.
I’m of this mentality too but also should get it ASAP. I have been meeting with folks in a small office since June 1 for 1-2 hours at a time. Usually older folks given my profession. At this point most of them have had the vaccine. In fact all 7 people I met with yesterday had already had both doses but even being a healthy 36, I think I need to get it ASAP to protect my clients.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
First shot of Moderna side effects update.
I felt blah the rest of the evening and absolutely exhausted.
Woke up this morning feeling much more like myself.
My arm is slightly sore and slightly swollen but I think the worst is over.
I guess I have a good immune system if I experienced those things after the first when experts said to expect them after the second shot. lol.

drizgirl

I guess I have a good immune system if I experienced those things after the first when experts said to expect them after the second shot. lol.
That's not so unusual for a first shot. Second shot is more likely to be body aches, fever, chills, flu like symptoms.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
That is what happened to a co-worker of mine. He had a reaction to the first shot and none on the second.

Epcot_Imagineer

That is what happened to a co-worker of mine. He had a reaction to the first shot and none on the second.
From everything I've read that seems to indicate that they previously had covid - at least in articles I'm reading and from people I've talked to. My friend's whole family had covid and all of them felt horrible with the first shot - nothing for the second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom