COVID-19 Testing Policy Update

poster

DCLs testing partner Inspire Diagnostics also offers a proctored (virtually monitored) self-test. Price is the same ($45 each) as if you use one of their in-person locations.
I was looking at that last night. It looks like I couldn't get any info regarding their Disney cruise partnership, prices, or order test kits until I created an account with them, which you can't do until 15 days before your cruise. I want this all settled before that.
I think the emed.com pricing and arrangement work best for us.

JaxFLBear

I was looking at that last night. It looks like I couldn't get any info regarding their Disney cruise partnership, prices, or order test kits until I created an account with them, which you can't do until 15 days before your cruise. I want this all settled before that.
I think the emed.com pricing and arrangement work best for us.
If you want to use Inspire Diagnostics, you can order direct from them before 15 days out.

We will probably go to a local Walgreens and do either the rapid antigen or rapid NAAT test. Since we are vaccinated, they will accept the rapid antigen test.

ToTBellHop

For those who used emed, can you take care of your entire family on one call with just one account? Or do you need to make an account for everyone and have a separate 15 minute online call for each person?

lostpro9het

For those who used emed, can you take care of your entire family on one call with just one account? Or do you need to make an account for everyone and have a separate 15 minute online call for each person?
One account per member and separate calls has been our experience. The device camera must stay focused on the test for the 15 minutes and that may add to the 1-to-1. When its all said and done you can print off everyone’s negative test or log into the app to see the negative test.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Try emed.com They look promising. We are getting into Orlando two days prior to our cruise. We get off the Wish then get on the Fantasy the next day. This seems the most convenient.

This! We’ve used eMed/Navicia three times for cruises without issue, including this morning. Its quick and convenient.
Yep. We’ve been using them for two years now to come and go from our place in Ireland. Only hassle for us is that we are two people and they only sell 6-packs, but we’ve already ordered ours for our August Alaska cruise.
Sounded like another place we’d have to drive to, didn’t realize from the posts it was a video monitored test, will have to look into it more.
Do look into it. They only sell 6-packs, the unit cost is only $25 per, but it’s a $150 outlay. May or may not work for you depending on the number in your traveling party.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You can create sub accounts (my 90 to dad doesn’t have his own email so I made him account t under mine) but each person has to do their own video call.

lostpro9het

Yep. We’ve been using them for two years now to come and go from our place in Ireland. Only hassle for us is that we are two people and they only sell 6-packs, but we’ve already ordered ours for our August Alaska cruise.

Do look into it. They only sell 6-packs, the unit cost is only $25 per, but it’s a $150 outlay. May or may not work for you depending on the number in your traveling party.

We order 2-packs here:

lostpro9het

When you have the time, would you care to go through the process please?
What we did:
Download the app to our phones.(optional)
Create a Navica account.(brand of test we used)
Click “I have a test”.
Redirected to eMed for proctoring.
Verify microphone & camera are functional.
Hop in proctor queue, less than a minute wait.
Proctor comes on and asks you to verify identity by holding license or passport to camera.
Proctor asks that you show sealed test kit and scan QR code on box.
Proctor asks that you position camera so it can see you and the surface the test kit is on.
Proctor takes you through steps of opening the kit, doing the droplets in the test, swabbing, and inserting swab into test.
Proctor asks that you keep camera on the test kit for next 15 minutes and starts the timer.
Times up, proctor asks if you see one or two lines and to verify to the camera.
Proctor interprets the results and informs you the official results will show in your account as well as emailed to you.
1-3 hours later the results show and are emailed to you.

EOD K9

What we did:
Download the app to our phones.(optional)
Create a Navica account.(brand of test we used)
Click “I have a test”.
Redirected to eMed for proctoring.
Verify microphone & camera are functional.
Hop in proctor queue, less than a minute wait.
Proctor comes on and asks you to verify identity by holding license or passport to camera.
Proctor asks that you show sealed test kit and scan QR code on box.
Proctor asks that you position camera so it can see you and the surface the test kit is on.
Proctor takes you through steps of opening the kit, doing the droplets in the test, swabbing, and inserting swab into test.
Proctor asks that you keep camera on the test kit for next 15 minutes and starts the timer.
Times up, proctor asks if you see one or two lines and to verify to the camera.
Proctor interprets the results and informs you the official results will show in your account as well as emailed to you.
1-3 hours later the results show and are emailed to you.
Thanks for doing that. Can one proctor take care of the entire family or do we need to do that four times?

lostpro9het

Thanks for doing that. Can one proctor take care of the entire family or do we need to do that four times?
Honestly, its always been the two of us and we have two laptops so we do the tests at the same time with different proctors. Since the tests are associated with an account/user I would think its one at a time.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You'd have to do it four times. As I mentioned above, I've got my dad on my account, and we've always had to do two separate calls.

Just to add to @lostpro9het 's excellent instructions, if you get the tests via Navica, make sure to start in the app or at the Navica website. The test kit packaging tells you to start by going to eMed's website, but it will.wind up redirecting you to the Navica site after.giving an error message. Save time and angst by logging into your Navica account first, as per @lostpro9het 's step #3.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Once you've created your account and the additional users, when you log in and select "I have a test" it will.make you select.from a dropdown which person on the account is going to be taking the test in that session.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Once you've created your account and the additional users, when you log in and select "I have a test" it will.make you select.from a dropdown which person on the account is going to be taking the test in that session.
Did you say you have your dad on your account? Would it be the same doing it for children?

TheMouseFan

We just used Walgreen's yesterday to do a rapid NAAT test and it was super easy. I scheduled appointments online. They open appointments 1 week ahead. Each person needs a 15 minute appointment, but all 5 of us were in the same car and were done in about 5 minutes. They emailed the results to us within an hour (they tell you it will be within 2 hours, but we were the first appointments of the day). Very easy to download the results page and upload it to the Safe Passage website. There was no charge and they didn't even take our insurance information. The only thing we needed was photo id for the adults.

Tony the Tigger

We just used Walgreen's yesterday to do a rapid NAAT test and it was super easy. I scheduled appointments online. They open appointments 1 week ahead. Each person needs a 15 minute appointment, but all 5 of us were in the same car and were done in about 5 minutes. They emailed the results to us within an hour (they tell you it will be within 2 hours, but we were the first appointments of the day). Very easy to download the results page and upload it to the Safe Passage website. There was no charge and they didn't even take our insurance information. The only thing we needed was photo id for the adults.
This sounds very my speed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom