coupon codes?

disneymomof3

does anyone know if there are coupons out there for discounts on your hotels? I was talking to a mom at my dd's school and she mentioned she got a coupon for 30.00 off a night at the ASM's hotel, she was telling me this morning while we were dropping off the kids but then all of a sudden my dd started freaking out crying and our convo got cut short...i just left her a message, i truly hope there is some sorta of discount that would be great! :wave:

wannab@dis

Just an FYI... you don't need to cross-post your threads in different forums and in fact, it's against the rules. Also, you may want to ask your question in the Resorts & Planning forum. :wave:

Upvote 0

disneymomof3

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Just an FYI... you don't need to cross-post your threads in different forums and in fact, it's against the rules. Also, you may want to ask your question in the Resorts & Planning forum. :wave:

what do you mean?
because i posted in park news and rumors and in general disscuion or because i posted on the Disboards?
i'm only asking because i am still learning how to use these forums!

Upvote 0

MissM

disneymomof3 said:
what do you mean?
because i posted in park news and rumors and in general disscuion or because i posted on the Disboards?
i'm only asking because i am still learning how to use these forums!
No one cares if you posted the same thing on another community entirely. What the problem is posting it in multiple places on THIS board. It's called "cross posting" and it's against the rules. First off, no one's topic is more important then anyone else and you certainly don't get to have four or five versions of your topic instead of just one. Secondly, people can't be stuck replying in multiple places to multiple versions of the same thread.

There's a reason that the board is broken down into sub-forums. It's very simple. You read the name and description of the sub-forums to find which one is the subject you want to talk about and put your post - and only ONE post - there. Pay a little more attention in the future to putting things in the right place the first time. This will get you better reply and discussion.
-m

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

disneymomof3 said:
what do you mean?
because i posted in park news and rumors and in general disscuion?
Exactly.

The reason for having multiple forums is to keep things catagorized and somewhat organized. Stick around and you'll learn quickly how to use the forums. Join in and have fun! :)

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

MissM said:
Secondly, people can't be stuck replying in multiple places to multiple versions of the same thread.
Good point... and to look at that in another way. If a person with the answer posts to one thead but not the other, then someone looking for the same question later may find the thread without the answer.

Organization is good for browsing the forums now AND in the future!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

I'll be happy to anwer your question...

The Walt Disney World Resorts does not distribute or use coupon offers. We do however have discount marketing offers that may required the Guest to mention an offer code as described in our marketing ads.

Remember, when you call 1-407-W-DISNEY we cannot directly offer you any type of discount marketing offer. You must look for and see the marketing ad on your own and then ask for it by name or offer code. Disney will market discount offers via local newspapers, TV and Radio spots, select national magazine publications, direct mail offers by post cards or e-mails and on our official web site (www.disneyworld.com)

Also, with each discount marketing offer, there is only a very limited number of rooms available at each Resort for each day during the offer period. Once the rooms sell out for a date or location, they are gone. Guest cancellations DO NOT return rooms back to the discount offer.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

MaryMcMagic

MissM said:
No one cares if you posted the same thing on another community entirely. What the problem is posting it in multiple places on THIS board. It's called "cross posting" and it's against the rules. First off, no one's topic is more important then anyone else and you certainly don't get to have four or five versions of your topic instead of just one. Secondly, people can't be stuck replying in multiple places to multiple versions of the same thread.

There's a reason that the board is broken down into sub-forums. It's very simple. You read the name and description of the sub-forums to find which one is the subject you want to talk about and put your post - and only ONE post - there. Pay a little more attention in the future to putting things in the right place the first time. This will get you better reply and discussion.
-m

Way to jump down someones throat! Obviously, the M doesn't stand for Manners...

Upvote 0

trr313

Welcome to the boards. As you can see some people on here are a little rude when trying to make their point. The majority of the users on here are very friendly and helpful and do not jump down your throat for a little mistake......

Upvote 0

MissM

Clearly you lack the proper definition of rude. I'd give you "blunt" perhaps but please. Posting five versions of the identical topic in every forum on the board is beyond "oh I'm just a newbie, I didn't know better." Telling someone what they need to know for the future and how a forum works doesn't require coddling.
-m

Upvote 0

SallyShine

JPVonDrake said:
The Walt Disney World Resorts does not distribute or use coupon offers. We do however have discount marketing offers that may required the Guest to mention an offer code as described in our marketing ads.

Remember, when you call 1-407-W-DISNEY we cannot directly offer you any type of discount marketing offer. You must look for and see the marketing ad on your own and then ask for it by name or offer code. Disney will market discount offers via local newspapers, TV and Radio spots, select national magazine publications, direct mail offers by post cards or e-mails and on our official web site (www.disneyworld.com)
Hope this helps! :sohappy:
I swear I've never seen a commercial or heard a radio spot in Dayton Ohio. For those of us living in the sticks, what is a good way to get discount information? What national publications should I check out?

Upvote 0

MaryMcMagic

MissM said:
Clearly you lack the proper definition of rude. I'd give you "blunt" perhaps but please. Posting five versions of the identical topic in every forum on the board is beyond "oh I'm just a newbie, I didn't know better." Telling someone what they need to know for the future and how a forum works doesn't require coddling.
-m

I referred to your lack of manners, but maybe I should have questioned your tact, or lack thereof. No one is requesting coddling. Common courtesy should not be an option. You used the term rude, not I.

What you consider to be common knowledge on the use of these boards is not the universal standard. "Clearly you lack the proper definition of " constructive criticism.

Upvote 0

MissM

maisco30 said:
*snip* You used the term rude, not I.
Boy we think highly of ourselves. I wasn't speaking to you nor did I address you. For the record, I was refering to the post above mine. (#9)

But by all means. Go on reading into people's posts and inserting yourself if it makes you feel important.
-m

Upvote 0

trr313

Seems someone has lost some magic. I like this website because we all have something in common, a love for Disney and I will leave it at that.

Upvote 0

Ivan72

MissM said:
Boy we think highly of ourselves. I wasn't speaking to you nor did I address you. For the record, I was refering to the post above mine. (#9)

But by all means. Go on reading into people's posts and inserting yourself if it makes you feel important.
-m
It would seem some think too highly of themselves. When you post here in the manner in which you did, it would seem to me that you should brace yourself for the onslaught you deserve. Honorable people tend to rise up when they sense an injustice.

Having experience in a discussion site can be rewarding and interesting, but let's not act as if this is some great life skill in which everyone else wishes to be you.

It's more divine to be kind. Don't try to be a big goddess fish in a little magick pond.

Seriously, let's not lose sight of the fact that we all LOVE things Disney. That should be a binding agent not a corrosive one.

Upvote 0

disneymomof3

Original Poster
trr313 said:
Welcome to the boards. As you can see some people on here are a little rude when trying to make their point. The majority of the users on here are very friendly and helpful and do not jump down your throat for a little mistake......

i just over look it... I was wondering why a simple question couldn't be answered politely, but oh well no worries here!!!.....but thank you for your concern!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

disneymomof3 said:
i just over look it... I was wondering why a simple question couldn't be answered politely, but oh well no worries here!!!.....but thank you for your concern!!! :wave:
Funny isn't it? Even on a website dedicated to the magic of WDW, you will find people who think their poo-poo doesn't stink. Not everyone here is like that though. Nevertheless, Welcome to the Boards from one who stinks just a little :) .

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom