coupon codes?

disneymomof3

does anyone know if there are coupons out there for discounts on your hotels? I was talking to a mom at my dd's school and she mentioned she got a coupon for 30.00 off a night at the ASM's hotel, she was telling me this morning while we were dropping off the kids but then all of a sudden my dd started freaking out crying and our convo got cut short...i just left her a message, i truly hope there is some sorta of discount that would be great! :wave:

disneymomof3

Original Poster
MissM said:
Clearly you lack the proper definition of rude. I'd give you "blunt" perhaps but please. Posting five versions of the identical topic in every forum on the board is beyond "oh I'm just a newbie, I didn't know better." Telling someone what they need to know for the future and how a forum works doesn't require coddling.
-m

i usually don't reply to people who can't give a nicer reply, but first off i didn't post five versions of the identical topic in every forum on the board and oh i am just a newbie i don't know any better is NOT HOW I EXPLAINED MYSELF...
clearly you don't have nothing better to do with yourself then to bash newbies!!!
and you call yourself a disney lover, please....:wave:
I came here in hopes to find some info AND TO MAKE NEW FRIENDLIER FRIENDS...please if you can't say anything nice, please don't reply to me or my post anymore, thats all i ask!

Upvote 0

disneymomof3

Original Poster
TiggerRPh said:
Okay....but....come on....

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=74419

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=74418

And I swear I saw it in Rumors too.

It doesn't help when you are argumentative with people trying to help you either.

You read the rules when you signed up....it's clear you are not allowed to post the same topic in multiple threads.

maybe i did READ THE RULES and maybe i forgot them i belong to tons of forums can you really remember every rule...i didn't think i asked such a bad question and if i did post in a lot of forums then the OWNER should be the one telling me what i did wrong....and all that was called for was for "AN ADULT" to say "NICELY" please do not cross post, END OF FREAKING DISCUSSION!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a disney board i don't understand why this is getting out of hand....i am a sahm of three and these petty little posts are not worth it, can't we all just get along!!!!!
my toddlers play nicer then the few people that have bashed my post ( i don't mean this to the people who are ON MY SIDE) :wave:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

I think everyone needs to calm down. This shouldn't be a "my side" or "their side". I think everyone has said their peace... Continuing to argue will only make it worse.

I hope you didn't think I was being rude as it was not my intention. I thought my posts were about as adult and nice as possible. :wave:

Upvote 0

jozzmenia

MissM said:
Clearly you lack the proper definition of rude. I'd give you "blunt" perhaps but please. Posting five versions of the identical topic in every forum on the board is beyond "oh I'm just a newbie, I didn't know better." Telling someone what they need to know for the future and how a forum works doesn't require coddling.
-m

I spent a lot of time fishing as a kid, I guess that might be why I always take the bait. :dazzle:

"Ill-mannered; discourteous"
"Abruptly and unpleasantly forceful"

That's 2 definitions of rude, and both describe your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd posts in this thread. Even this one is exaggerating. Just because the poster posted the topic twice doesn't mean he or she needs to be badgered, especially in this message board. And coddling wouldn't kill you, since this is Disney friendly. It's not like you're trying to get the poster off drugs. Rude bluntness isn't necessary towards a new poster. There's a way to do things.

On to the thread topic, I alway reccommend staying at non-Disney properties if you're on a budget when you go. And the 2 sites that I swear by are Hotwire and Travelzoo. (www.hotwire.com, www.travelzoo.com) On Hotwire, I reccommend getting no less than a 3.5 star hotel just to play it safe, since any thing below that and you don't really know if you'll get quality, but above that and you can't go wrong. On travelzoo, just click on "Orlando" under "Lodging Specials" and you'll find some great deals. That's how I ended up with a Comfort Inn and free breakfast for $35/night. And they have a GREAT deal right now on the Comfort Inn w/ free breakfast, free Arabian Nights dinner and show, and free drinks for $49/night! Seriously, that's good. At any given time you can find great hotel rates on those 2 sites.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

wannab@dis said:
I thought my posts were about as adult and nice as possible. :wave:

You were not the least bit rude, just explaining that the person made a mistake and advising them of the forum rules. Your post were adult and nice and handled the situation in a proper manner. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to say things properly.

Upvote 0

jozzmenia

wannab@dis said:
I hope you didn't think I was being rude as it was not my intention. I thought my posts were about as adult and nice as possible. :wave:

Yes, your post was very nice, and exactly the way someone new to a board should be told if they did something wrong. :)

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

wannab@dis said:
I think everyone needs to calm down. This shouldn't be a "my side" or "their side". I think everyone has said their peace... Continuing to argue will only make it worse.

You provided what I would consider an appropriate response. In fact, I always find your posts to be quite considerate. MissM on the other hand...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

disneymomof3

Original Poster
PintoColvig said:
You provided what I would consider an appropriate response. In fact, I always find your posts to be quite considerate. MissM on the other hand...:rolleyes:

i'm very sorry i wanted to make myself just a tad clearer, when i replied that an adult should reply nicer i honestly meant MISSM...
i didn't mean to make it sound like i directed it towards wannabe@dis.

i cleared the air with wannabe@dis and things are ok now....

Hope i didn't offend anyone!!

thank you all~

Upvote 0

Carotabby

Handbags at dawn!

Well, that was a lively discussion! Just hope no-one is too offended by the heated responses to a simple mistake. I understand that yes, there are rules, and yes, people do best in life to adhere to them, but also people DO make mistakes and we need to be big enough, and DISNEY enough, to forgive.

Keep smiling, people. It makes a world of difference.

:animwink:

Upvote 0

DW1

disneymomof3 said:
does anyone know if there are coupons out there for discounts on your hotels? I was talking to a mom at my dd's school and she mentioned she got a coupon for 30.00 off a night at the ASM's hotel, she was telling me this morning while we were dropping off the kids but then all of a sudden my dd started freaking out crying and our convo got cut short...i just left her a message, i truly hope there is some sorta of discount that would be great! :wave:

To answer your question there are codes which come out usually 2-3 monthes before the dates they are for. The codes for july and aug are supposed to be announced in the first week of May. Sign up for mousesaver.coms newsletter and they will give you the codes when they are released. They usually offer savings of 40% off room rates which is huge if you go for a week or more.

Sorry the Post Police were so rough. They'ed rather argue a simple mistake with post after post rather than simply ignore an oversight. I have been on this sight for a couple of years and don't remember reading any "rules" when I signed up.

Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom