Couples Fun for a Special Trip

pax_65

Original Poster
My wife and I are heading to WDW to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We've been to WDW numerous times but I wanted to surprise her with something unique that we've never done before. We already have some dinner plans, although I'm not ruling out another meal if it would be really extraordinary and unique. I'm looking for ideas.

I'm thinking maybe...

A Backstage Tour. We really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. Are any of the other tours worth doing? Maybe UnDISCOVERed Future World?

A Cruise. We've done the Fireworks cruise at Epcot years ago. Maybe we could try the fireworks cruise at the Magic Kingdom. My wife really likes Wishes. Anyone ever do the private dining cruises?

Couples Massage. We're both runners, and this sounds really good to me! I think she'd like it too. We're staying at Saratoga Springs, so we could easily go to that spa.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help!

LondonGopher

I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a GORGEOUS old yacht moored at The Yacht Club (surprise, surprise) called the Breathless. It was stunning. My brother and I looked at it as a possible romantic evening/proposal site for bro and SIL. I remember the captain saying to him, "Son, take her on the Breathless, it'll leave her...breathless." ;)

I think (at the time...2009?) the yacht went out for fireworks cruises (Illuminations) and other special occasions. I'm sure others will have more up-to-date info. Good luck...and congratulations!

pax_65

Original Poster
That sounds very cool. Thanks. When we took an illumination cruise years ago it was just a standard pontoon boat (still fun to do, though!)

R W B

I saw a pretty large moderen looking yatch docked at the Grand Floridian a month ago, not sure of any info but I'm sure it's there to be rented.

Matt_Black

Well, if you guys like golf, there's you've got options for both regular and miniature. Also, check out the AMC, as sometimes they have special screenings of certain films- a few weeks ago they played a romantic comedy from years ago, the name of which escapes me right now.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a GORGEOUS old yacht moored at The Yacht Club (surprise, surprise) called the Breathless. It was stunning. My brother and I looked at it as a possible romantic evening/proposal site for bro and SIL. I remember the captain saying to him, "Son, take her on the Breathless, it'll leave her...breathless." ;)

I think (at the time...2009?) the yacht went out for fireworks cruises (Illuminations) and other special occasions. I'm sure others will have more up-to-date info. Good luck...and congratulations!
The Breathless was damaged in an accident a few years back and hasn't returned.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I saw a pretty large moderen looking yatch docked at the Grand Floridian a month ago, not sure of any info but I'm sure it's there to be rented.
The yacht at the Grand Floridian is the "Grand 1" it is available for rent.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You could do one of the dessert parties. This idea isn't grand or spectacular but hubby and I like to go mini-golfing at one of the mini-golf courses as something special. It isn't too expensive, it gives us a break from normal park stuff, and still allows us to act childish!

bethymouse

Congratulations! I find Downtown Disney to be a nice more "adult" place to "hang out" in, especially the restaurants ( not T-Rex or RFC of course).;) Why not go bowling at Splitsville?:D

popsicletrees

I'll second that La Nouba is an awesome show! I think that the Dolphins in Depth would be an awesome experience. Almost two years ago my husband and I did something very similar at the Georgia Aquarium, but we got to hang out with Beluga Whales instead. It was an incredible experience and well worth the price. We still talk about it often

mergatroid

I always find the Sci fi Dine in theatre to be quite romantic. Whilst it's a busy restaurant with film clips showing, you sit side by side in the booths and the low level lighting adds a nice feeling of privacy. I'm obviously not advocating any lewd acts in public, however Mrs Merg often snuggles up to me as we share a chocolate sundae desert.

HouCuseChickie

DH and I are hoping to go on a kid free WDW trip this fall. I will note right now that we're not really into stereotypical romantic things...i.e. we really just want it to be fun and be things we can't do or can't fully enjoy with the kids along. We do plan on maybe a character meal and a trip to Beaches & Cream together since it's kind of fun to enjoy those things as adults and be big kids. We also have talked about drinking and snacking around the monorail resorts one night just because it would be fun to try some of the signature drinks and some of the lighter treats on their menus. If the budget permits, I will probably have a custom cake delivered to one of our TS meals. He's also not all that into fireworks even though I adore Wishes, so rather than pay for any kind of cruise, I thought it might be nice to take the boat launch from MK to the GF, Poly and back to MK during Wishes.

zweltar

A dining reservation at California Grill close to the Wishes time seems fun. While my wife and I have never done the California Grill fireworks viewing, we've done Narcoosee's several times. The wait staff knows you want to see the fireworks and they allowed us to take our time without making us feel bad or rushing us. I would guess CG would be the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom