Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

SoupBone

Hmmm, but notice no mention of Country Bears? Seems they could have killed quite a few rumors at one time with that post. Interesting.

DAK1928

Original Poster
Oh wow, that was a savage reply.

EDIT: If I'm reading correctly, it also doesn't deny that Moana could still join the Tiki Birds?

Last edited:

FrankLapidus

If an attraction has consistently low attendance numbers, it has to at least be considered for the chopping block...IMO.

Or they could just build new attractions and expand existing lands rather than replace classic, original attractions as some perverse, bizarre "celebration" of the park opening.

Admittedly, it's a bit of an out-there idea; after all, it's not as though Disney has any extra land available to them in the parks that they love to publicly crow about whenever they feel like touting all of the space they still have to expand the resort.

aladdin2007

wow, they have never really issued a statement like that before!! But it sure is a sigh of relief...so mansionbutler84 would enjoy reading your opinion into this or any other insiders? Does this mean its 100% safe (tiki room) or am I trusting their statement too much lol

ToTBellHop

wow, they have never really issued a statement like that before!! But it sure is a sigh of relief...so mansionbutler84 would enjoy reading your opinion into this or any other insiders? Does this mean its 100% safe (tiki room) or am I trusting their statement too much lol
I read it as the birds are safe. A Moana overlay is always possible. Happy the birds won’t be thrown out, however. I was wondering how a Moana show would work in that particular room. You need critters all over.

The Pho

Disney isn’t exactly to be trusted with statements about things not closing or reopening. Remember River Country, 20,000 Leagues, and Stitch.

aladdin2007

I read it as the birds are safe. A Moana overlay is always possible. Happy the birds won’t be thrown out, however. I was wondering how a Moana show would work in that particular room. You need critters all over.

True would be interesting to see how they would do that, Moana is not my choice of thing to blend in there, but I would take it over a gutting thats for sure. I still think the toyko stitch show would be well done here, its a pretty impressive animatronic and the show doesn't appear to be too obnoxious like under new management was. Odd how a few other posters were adamant a couple days ago that this was for sure going away,,I guess things maybe changed by the day?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's an equally inappropriate time to get rid of classic opening day attractions.

I will go back to my previous statement, if the attraction consistently has poor attendance, it should definitely be considered (whether it is a classic attraction or not). Keeping poorly attended attractions around solely for nostalgia purposes seems rather silly to me.

With that being said, I personally really like CBJ and do not want to see it replaced. And if replaced, I am not a fan of a TS replacement.

However, I can definitely understand why replacement is being considered as an option.

ToTBellHop

True would be interesting to see how they would do that, Moana is not my choice of thing to blend in there, but I would take it over a gutting thats for sure. I still think the toyko stitch show would be well done here, its a pretty impressive animatronic and the show doesn't appear to be too obnoxious like under new management was. Odd how a few other posters were adamant a couple days ago that this was for sure going away,,I guess things maybe changed by the day?
I don’t recall anyone here being adamant that the Tiki Room was leaving, just that there was a Moana proposal. CBJ on the other hand...

TsWade2

Guys, I would be careful if I were you. Because some rumors are not true. Also, it could be clickbaits to make you all go crazy and dramatic and it's not safe from our behaviors. just want clickbaits and trying to be popular. I would just ignore them. If you want the real Disney Parks news, I would go to Disney Parks Blog. It's more official than Micechat, , and even here. No offense to this site. Or wait until D23 Expo comes in August. Then we'll see if it's true or not.

DAK1928

Original Poster
Guys, I would be careful if I were you. Because some rumors are not true. Also, it could be clickbaits to make you all go crazy and dramatic and it's not safe from our behaviors. ***** just want clickbaits and trying to be popular. I would just ignore them. If you want the real Disney Parks news, I would go to Disney Parks Blog. It's more official than Micechat, *****, and even here. No offense to this site. Or wait until D23 Expo comes in August. Then we'll see if it's true or not.
Meh, we like to live dangerously when it comes to talkin’ theme park news and rumors. Everybody should know to keep a vial of salt handy by now. Plus these kneejerk discussions result in some of the best all around conversations about attractions and their histories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom