Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

Phineas

Fingers crossed tighter than I’ve ever crossed them that this isn’t true. I adore this attraction. I listen to the soundtrack in my car at least once a month and have it on vinyl. The characters are among my favorite Disney has ever created.

Not only is the show hilarious, it’s timeless, and proof that broad, vaudevillian humor still has a place in modern times. AND it manages to do the unthinkable; it makes me willingly and eagerly listen to country music-no small feat. But if loving Liverlips McGrowl is wrong, I refuse to be right.

Make use of the Diamond Horseshoe. Don’t evict my favorite bears and living taxidermy curmudgeons.

Phineas

That would seem to indicate to me, that this would be a rumor for the horseshoe. In theory the paris show is already designed for a stage like the horseshoe, which would mean it would be cheap to copy and paste it.

If that’s the case I’m 100% for it. I’d rather have the horseshoe itself come back for the 50th, but this would be something nice that would at least return the venue to operation.

Imagine if they could incorporate a spiritual successor to The Golden Horseshoe Revue, as well as bring in Woody’s Roundup, rotating throughout the day. It could be amazing.

awoogala

It’s the higher attended of the three.
wow. super weird - my kids- who are 14 and 16 (but have been attending since 3 and 7) HATE THE BEARS. they like carousel, they appreciate tiki birds (but their parents have a tiki room)... but they HATE THE BEARS WITH A PASSION. like seriously, hate. like the characters approached them on the street, and we have pictures of them appalled.. I'm assuming if they checked the ages of those attending..it might be different. ;)

wdwfan4ver

I am a fan of County Bear, but I can see this happening although I do not trust the source.

I do think this rumor shows Disney has a serious problem. When Disney gets a very popular IP, they are capable of going overkill in terms of the amount attractions from that IP at WDW. Toy Story getting a 5th attraction at WDW would be considered overkill. Disney already has this issue with Star Wars. I am very tempted to say this a problem with Beauty and the Beast. The fact is if a IP has a land, there is no need the same IP to have attractions outside of that land.

If Frozen 2 becomes a huge hit, I think people should be afraid what Chapek would do with that IP at WDW.

Phil12

It's time to evict the bears and welcome our new hero, Forky! He can sing, dance and play the guitar all at the same time. Just as Forky has learned to realize that he is much more than trash, he can help millennials recognize that they too have worth. It's a show for the modern age.

imthewalrus79

Here's an idea. Why not take characters like the Country Bears and Figment and try making them beloved characters like those in the Disney movies. But the difference is that you can only see these particular characters at Walt Disney World. Seems to me that would be a great way to market them rather than replace them.

tirian

It's time to evict the bears and welcome our new hero, Forky! He can sing, dance and play the guitar all at the same time. Just as Forky has learned to realize that he is much more than trash, he can help millennials recognize that they too have worth. It's a show for the modern age.
I’m laughing, but shhhhhh! They’ll hear you.

tirian

I am a fan of County Bear, but I can see this happening although I do not trust the source.

I do think this rumor shows Disney has a serious problem. When Disney gets a very popular IP, they are capable of going overkill in terms of the amount attractions from that IP at WDW. Toy Story getting a 5th attraction at WDW would be considered overkill. Disney already has this issue with Star Wars. I am very tempted to say this a problem with Beauty and the Beast. The fact is if a IP has a land, there is no need the same IP to have attractions outside of that land.

If Frozen 2 becomes a huge hit, I think people should be afraid what Chapek would do with that IP at WDW.

Ugh. Disney is going to go overboard with more Frozen stupidity. It’s one of the most overrated recent movies with a single good song that’s been played to death. Meanwhile, how many years did we wait for Mermaid and BATB rides? (The shows don’t count.)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Ugh. Disney is going to go overboard with more Frozen stupidity. It’s one of the most overrated recent movies with a single good song that’s been played to death. Meanwhile, how many years did we wait for Mermaid and BATB rides? (The shows don’t count.)
Why don’t the shows count?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
wow. super weird - my kids- who are 14 and 16 (but have been attending since 3 and 7) HATE THE BEARS. they like carousel, they appreciate tiki birds (but their parents have a tiki room)... but they HATE THE BEARS WITH A PASSION. like seriously, hate. like the characters approached them on the street, and we have pictures of them appalled.. I'm assuming if they checked the ages of those attending..it might be different. ;)
I mean. Not every attraction is going to appeal to all ages. Of course stereotypical teens and tweens aren’t going to like the bears. But if they like Tiki Room more? Then I don’t understand them.

ObscurityPoint

Here's an idea. Why not take characters like the Country Bears and Figment and try making them beloved characters like those in the Disney movies. But the difference is that you can only see these particular characters at Walt Disney World. Seems to me that would be a great way to market them rather than replace them.
I like what you’re saying, and I’m all with you, but you sort of just triggered my PTSD from the Country Bears Movie...*shivers*

ToTBellHop

I personally wouldn't mind at all if CBJ were replaced with a moving theater ride like Despicable Me at USF...but that is just me. If we are going to keep relics in the area, let them be HoP and the Tiki Room.

Bender123

I mean. Not every attraction is going to appeal to all ages. Of course stereotypical teens and tweens aren’t going to like the bears. But if they like Tiki Room more? Then I don’t understand them.

My kids (Twin 13 and 16) have always found the bears to be corny...not the good kind, but the "ugh...just stop" sort of misery. They love CoP and Tiki and want to see it multiple times. The pacing of the Birds is much faster, the entire building IS the show and the music is more universally appealing. Heck, Hawaiian shirts arent exactly out of style ATM. The bears schtick is basically a stereotype of dumb southerner that died in the 70s with a music style that hasn't really aged well. How many places do you walk into that play Island music vs how many have 1940s Appalachian and western music?

I hope they never replace the bears, as I have a soft spot for them from my youth, but I can see why they haven't held up as the generations move on...There is just nothing about them that a modern person that is under 30 can identify with. The modern media interpretation of the characters and show, from music to accents is "poor, dumb, southerner"...which are things most modern people make fun of.

Magenta Panther

I personally wouldn't mind at all if CBJ were replaced with a moving theater ride like Despicable Me at USF...but that is just me. If we are going to keep relics in the area, let them be HoP and the Tiki Room.

Despicable Me at Universal was a letdown to me. Nice theming, but a bunch of screens and a weird progression. Not as bad as the Simpsons ride, but close.

Imagineer999

My kids (Twin 13 and 16) have always found the bears to be corny...not the good kind, but the "ugh...just stop" sort of misery. They love CoP and Tiki and want to see it multiple times. The pacing of the Birds is much faster, the entire building IS the show and the music is more universally appealing. Heck, Hawaiian shirts arent exactly out of style ATM. The bears schtick is basically a stereotype of dumb southerner that died in the 70s with a music style that hasn't really aged well. How many places do you walk into that play Island music vs how many have 1940s Appalachian and western music?

I hope they never replace the bears, as I have a soft spot for them from my youth, but I can see why they haven't held up as the generations move on...There is just nothing about them that a modern person that is under 30 can identify with. The modern media interpretation of the characters and show, from music to accents is "poor, dumb, southerner"...which are things most modern people make fun of.

I'm 21 and in some ways I do identify with the bears. I wasn't born and raised in the south or west, but I've always enjoyed the kind of humor that's in the show. I clap and sing with the characters every time I experience it. I love it so much and I wish more people would appreciate the show.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I feel like the fact that this entire thread is dedicated to people wanting a show to be saved should prove that shows do count.

RobbinsDad

My children have always disliked them too. I drag them to it because I'm a good father and I know what's best for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom