Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

wedenterprises

The real problem I have with this concept (I won't even give them the respect of calling it a rumour) is that Woody's Roundup is a television show. Belongs in DHS.

If they can cheaply pull crowds away from the bigger rides without adding capacity to the park then I'm all for it.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Move CBJ to a permanent home at Fort Wilderness and I'm OK with this.

As a standalone attraction, probably wouldn't happen, but maybe making a QS venue at Ft. Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, or Reflections where the show runs as background entertainment in a saloon shaped/inspired dining area could work? The obvious choice for such a venue would be Pioneer Hall, but I think the thought of ending Hoop-Dee-Doo would cause an even bigger uproar than the thought of ending CBJ...

Spash007

Sometimes, in between my bewilderment and amusement, I start feeling bad for clickbait. I don't think he made this story up for clicks (the land and sea on the other hand...), since he wrote a huge essay on why this is a bad idea. Instead, I think he just has some REALLY bad sources, or sources that enjoy pulling his leg.

GlacierGlacier

I have no problem with the concept. Woody is a good ol' Western cowboy sheriff, which could do well if taken as literal fact. No plastic heads, no torn stitching, YOU are in the wild west with actual sheriff Woody.

But I 1) doubt credibility of anything Tom says and 2) don't particularly care for the toy story IP. Not for replacement.

Use your "Blessing of Space," WDW, and spend that money on new attractions, while maintaining and upgrading show on existing ones.

Kman101

The real problem I have with this concept (I won't even give them the respect of calling it a rumour) is that Woody's Roundup is a television show. Belongs in DHS.

If they can cheaply pull crowds away from the bigger rides without adding capacity to the park then I'm all for it.

Yep! I’ve wanted a show like this ... in Toy Story Land! They need to add not replace but when you have a country western themed theater all ready to go .... I sadly get why they make these short sighted decisions. Short term gain but long term? Won’t help much and it will eventually pull half the crowds.

They need to realize these shows aren’t going to play to packed houses IP or not! But I’m sure it will initially. If it’s good that’s great, but I’m not here for this. Happy 50th WDW! Let’s replace the classics!

While not the same, I see they forgot how much of a dud Under New Management was. Can’t we get Stitch or Moana in the Tiki room over this? I’m desperate ...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 has spoken, folks. Time to lock the thread. Let's move on...
Not yet. I can’t say it’s not true, just that I haven’t heard of it myself.

CBJ attracts under half of park attendees. The percentage is in the high 30s. But over half of those who do attend rate it as excellent. And like I said I know of proposals for a refresh for the 50th. But not a wholesale IP rebuild.

Kman101

Not yet. I can’t say it’s not true, just that I haven’t heard of it myself.

CBJ attracts under half of park attendees. The percentage is in the high 30s. But over half of those who do attend rate it as excellent.

But not that long ago the show wasn’t really in danger, as you said it gets solid guest satisfaction scores from what I heard which trust me is very little. Is Chapek changing a lot of things that were once planned?

Curious how this guy knows more than you ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom